magdasal

Philippine Police Certificates

43 posts in this topic

gotcha!!! that's the exact phrase I submitted for the USEM ;) so you won't be needing any letter of explanation at all :D the two other phrase on my NBI clearance are " No criminal record on file" and "no derogatory record" and I haven't encountered any problems using those certificates at all :) " no record on file" in here means the person hasn't commit any crimes at all not because they can't locate her name in their system. I'll give you an example :) if your wife commits a crime it will appear on her record because they gather all the datas from every precinct :) it will appear " with pending criminal case" or "with derogatory record"... I'm not entirely sure if they still use this terms now a days :P I just learned it way back in my law subject and they will not let you leave the office until you talk to someone and get the required waiver or letter stating this case, they normally call someone's attention for this...if your wife has the same name with other person and with criminal record they would ask her to go back to the NBI after 7 working days so they can verify this. It's not because your wife doesn't appear in their system it's simply means she hasn't done anything against the law ;) so you'll be fine my friend :) Best of luck to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear we helped you in our own little way :)

Thank you krissyjoe...you and the others have certainly helped us. Very much appreciate your feedback :yes:

You guys have saved us a lot of worry and trouble, no doubt. God bless!

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed...it wasn't answered definitively one way or the other...some thought it was required and others didn't. Not an iron-clad case, for sure...but other countries seem to think that requirement holds as well...India seems to need these.

Apparently the word 'local' is, as far as the Philippines is concerned, the NBI...even though local police keep records and they are available.

I'm not unhappy to hear this at all...very happy I don't have to submit these..since they don't seem to meet the requirements anyway...but based on the website I read, it looked like DOS meant local as in local town...not local as in your country.

In India, based on what I've read here at VJ, for example, local really does seem to mean local police.

Of course...on her NBI certificate they put 'No record on file'...meaning she's never had any encounter with the NBI at all.

This was quite a headache inducting thread for me. I've researched and investigated the requirements for months and never once saw any indication that local police clearance certificates were required in the Philippines. See section 7 on page 2 of the IV packet from the US Embassy Manila for clarification. Read the entire document for much more useful information that is specific to the Philippines.

http://photos.state....SS_ _2__001.pdf

George

Edited by George & Gina

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

But they will play name games with you. My wife's middle name was misspelled on her birth certifictate. Her parents had it corrected years ago. US Embassy made her get an NBI clearance for both the correct and misspelled version of her name.

Yes, but did you see this one? Or am I the only who is seeing this...or am I missing something:

Did I miss something there? What was it?

The police clearance for the PI is an NBI...If you dont get the NBI, you will get an RFE and be delayed. I went back and forth on this for my wife. we got the police clearances and NBI...in the end from reading the reciprocity site, it states that NBI is what is needed (green one).

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Interestingly, no one in that thread said that the Embassy required them to submit a local police clearance.

Yeah , but that post was from 2008...I can tell you for a fact as of april 2010, NBI was all that was needed...and of course they didnt ask for more at the interview for my wife.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Sure, how bout this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/163126-philippines-nbi-police-certificate/

But if you read the table, it's very clear that you must provide local police certificates for anywhere your wife lived over 6 months.

You are reading too far into this. That thread is over 2 years old. Just go by the reciprocity table and it tells you that the NBI clearance is what is needed. I clicked through the links that you provided before and it came back to the the same quote I gave you for the NBI clearance. NBI clearance (green)is the only one accepted for the philippines. Like I stated before...my wife only needed the NBI in April 2010.

Her NBI stated "No Record on File" in the remarks.

For our Full timeline

event.png

My wife just had her interview three weeks ago and all they wanted was the NBI certificate. Get an extra official copy for yourself.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If my fiancee lived in South Korea for 2 years, will she need a police certificate from South Korea, she is now back in the Philippines, and has been for some time, 6 months to be exact, but I can only imagine the stress and hassle it will take to try and get a police certificate from South Korea. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

1-26-2011 - I-129F recieved at USCIS, Lewisville, TX signed for by J. Cates

01-27-2011 - NOA 1 Recieved

06-09-2011 - NOA 2 Recieved

07-11-2011 - Medical Screening - Passed

07-22-2011 - Interview for K1 Visa - US Embassy Manila - APPROVED!

08-18-2011 - POE - Los Angeles, California USA

11-12-2011 - Wedding!

12-22-2011 - Filed for AOS

04-12-2012 - Biometrics Complete

06-20-2012 - Interview @ ATL Field Office (Approved!)

06-27-2012 - Received Green Card

Timeline

If my fiancee lived in South Korea for 2 years, will she need a police certificate from South Korea, she is now back in the Philippines, and has been for some time, 6 months to be exact, but I can only imagine the stress and hassle it will take to try and get a police certificate from South Korea. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

You need police clearance if she lived there more than 6 months. I believe some countries won't give them, so you have to get a waiver or something. I don't know about South Korea. My fiancee has to get one from Brunei and we are worried it will add time before she can have her interview. You should go to the South Korea Embassy to see what is needed for a Police Clearance. For us, we have to wait until the case is forwarded to the US Embassy and they give us a request letter for the police clearance.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

She will need a police clearance from South Korea. Use this link to find the procedure http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3599

Most countries allow the K1 applicant to go to the local Consulate/Embassy and request the police clearance. My wife had to get a Japanese police clearance as she lived there when she was younger. All it involved was a trip to the Japanese consulate in Manila, pay the fee, and wait about a month. The Japanese consulate however, would not even begin the process until they had a letter from the US Embassy in Manila saying it was necessary and providing her case number. She had to pick up the letter from US Embassy and carry it to the Japanese consulate. In about a month the Japanese consulate called her to pick up the sealed Police Clearance. She then carried it with her to the interview and provided it to the CO during the interview.

While it seemed a hassle at the time, and waiting a month seemed forever, we laugh about it now.

I just read the South Korean procedures and they seem to indicate that a Police Clearance cannot be obtained oustide the country. This indicates to me that their must be some sort of "waiver" procedure. Best bet is to call the US Embassy in Manila and ask them how to go about it.

Dave

Timeline

She will need a police clearance from South Korea. Use this link to find the procedure http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3599

Most countries allow the K1 applicant to go to the local Consulate/Embassy and request the police clearance. My wife had to get a Japanese police clearance as she lived there when she was younger. All it involved was a trip to the Japanese consulate in Manila, pay the fee, and wait about a month. The Japanese consulate however, would not even begin the process until they had a letter from the US Embassy in Manila saying it was necessary and providing her case number. She had to pick up the letter from US Embassy and carry it to the Japanese consulate. In about a month the Japanese consulate called her to pick up the sealed Police Clearance. She then carried it with her to the interview and provided it to the CO during the interview.

While it seemed a hassle at the time, and waiting a month seemed forever, we laugh about it now.

I just read the South Korean procedures and they seem to indicate that a Police Clearance cannot be obtained oustide the country. This indicates to me that their must be some sort of "waiver" procedure. Best bet is to call the US Embassy in Manila and ask them how to go about it.

Dave

Is there any Filipinas here who have lived in Korea and had to obtain the police record, as the above poster said, it says the police records are unavailable to applicants outside of Korea, so I am curious if anyone who has had to do it can fill me in on what needs to be done, so I can work on it now and not add more unwanted time to the wait.

1-26-2011 - I-129F recieved at USCIS, Lewisville, TX signed for by J. Cates

01-27-2011 - NOA 1 Recieved

06-09-2011 - NOA 2 Recieved

07-11-2011 - Medical Screening - Passed

07-22-2011 - Interview for K1 Visa - US Embassy Manila - APPROVED!

08-18-2011 - POE - Los Angeles, California USA

11-12-2011 - Wedding!

12-22-2011 - Filed for AOS

04-12-2012 - Biometrics Complete

06-20-2012 - Interview @ ATL Field Office (Approved!)

06-27-2012 - Received Green Card

My wife went to the korean embassy in manila and requested it. It takes 4-6 weeks 2 get it and she will have 2 pick it up from the embassy there in manila.

I believe all that she took there was her passport that had her korean visa in it & some passport style photos. The clearance was free from what I remember.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only submitted NBI for police clearance for Philippines and no problem, though I also submitted Police Clearances for other countries that I stayed for more than six months.:-)

Goodluck!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.