Brent n Joy

is consulate asking 4 tax papers or info of spouse?

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone had a interview in the last month or 2, i have a question someone told my brothers wife that they want tax papers for the last 3 years in the interview and we don't think that the consulate is asking for this cause they should already have it from the nvc. did the consulate ask anyone about there spouses taxes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Has anyone had a interview in the last month or 2, i have a question someone told my brothers wife that they want tax papers for the last 3 years in the interview and we don't think that the consulate is asking for this cause they should already have it from the nvc. did the consulate ask anyone about there spouses taxes.

Well, you have a valid question. The NVC website states that they can ask for the past three years, but in Morocco, one never knows as they seem to make up their own rules. I would be safe and have the past three years available. Maybe you can check the forum pertaining to your embassy and get a better idea of how they operate.

Good luck!

My wife's interview was earlier this month and they did not ask for any tax or income information. But I have read that people say to take all the information that was included in the I-864 to the interview. Furthermore I would suggest wife bring copies of everything all ready submitted to the interview. Don't want a delay because of a missing paper. I included the NBI with wife's DS-230 and at the interview the C.O. said it was missing. Luckily she had another one with her.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

The NVC had all our tax papers for 3 years and somehow our co-sponsors went missing in transit from NVC to consulate. I had to go home and call her CA to get the transcripts again. Save yourself the potential hassle and bring copies. Things go missing when they get moved from being a doorstop to a desk pillow at the NVC sometimes :wacko:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Yes, in the philippines they will frequently require the full 3 years returns. I read a message on another site recently (or maybe it was this one) that someone new was in charge in the embassy recently and they are sticklers for this type of thing and are requiring 3 years even though I believe only 1 is required by the rules of the form.

As a general rule in my experience, ALWAYS take a copy of EVERY document that they could conceivably ask for when dealing with the embassy, even if they have already been provided it before. If they lose it is is your loss while they wait for you to provide it. You are responsible if they don't have it. Each embassy is different and it can even depend on who is the person who does the interview how much may be asked for.

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

ALWAYS take a copy of EVERY document that they could conceivably ask for when dealing with the embassy, even if they have already been provided it before. If they lose it is is your loss while they wait for you to provide it. You are responsible if they don't have it.

^^^ 100% agreed. :thumbs:

Our caseworker at the U.S. Embassy Manila lost my I-134 and all of its supporting documents, including my tax returns. Fortunately, Chinook had copies which she submitted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.