WARREN-IRINA

Poilce Certificates Russia and Ukraine

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I received the following email from Irina.

I went to police office in Mamonovo and

asked them about what kind of form they can give me

about my history here in Kaliningrad (police sertificfte). They thought

and told me they never give to anybody it. Offiser said

his mother went to live in Germany but did not

ask something like this. Also many people moved

to live to an other country from Mamonovo

and they never heard about this.

Tomorrow I will go and ask about this police sertificate

in Kaliningrad.

These questions are for those who have gone through this in Russia and Ukraine.

How does she get her police certificates? She was born in Angarsk, Irkutsk Oblast and moved to the Ukraine at age 14 in 1965 when her parents retired. When she graduated for high school she went to Moscow to collage so she will need a Ukraine and Moscow police certificates. She married and they moved to Severodvinsk, Arkhangelsk Oblast where she lived until moving to Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Oblast in 2006, in 2008 she bought her apartment in Mamonovo, Kaliningrad Oblast where she has lived since.

She did go into see the Kaliningrad police today and was told to come back.

Will she have to travel to Severodvinsk, Moscow and the Ukraine to get those?

Does anyone know of a phone number in Ukraine for her to ask there about a certificate from them?

Irina’s niece who lives in California is there helping her some. Elena came on an immigrant visa and was here a number of years before marrying her husband so she came on a different process than the K1. She had visited the US and was teaching English in Moscow when I met Irina on the internet.

Elena was shook up when I talked to her Monday as she had arrived at Domodedovo Airport Saturday, flying out of it to Kaliningrad Sunday and has to return back through it when she leaves. They did not have the TV on and I broke the news to them of the bombing when I called Irina just after hearing the news. Elena is a realtor here and when back to help her father sell his home and buy another one.

Thank you in advance for the help.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Tell her to go back with a $20.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I received the following email from Irina.

I went to police office in Mamonovo and

asked them about what kind of form they can give me

about my history here in Kaliningrad (police sertificfte). They thought

and told me they never give to anybody it. Offiser said

his mother went to live in Germany but did not

ask something like this. Also many people moved

to live to an other country from Mamonovo

and they never heard about this.

Tomorrow I will go and ask about this police sertificate

in Kaliningrad.

These questions are for those who have gone through this in Russia and Ukraine.

How does she get her police certificates? She was born in Angarsk, Irkutsk Oblast and moved to the Ukraine at age 14 in 1965 when her parents retired. When she graduated for high school she went to Moscow to collage so she will need a Ukraine and Moscow police certificates. She married and they moved to Severodvinsk, Arkhangelsk Oblast where she lived until moving to Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Oblast in 2006, in 2008 she bought her apartment in Mamonovo, Kaliningrad Oblast where she has lived since.

She did go into see the Kaliningrad police today and was told to come back.

Will she have to travel to Severodvinsk, Moscow and the Ukraine to get those?

Does anyone know of a phone number in Ukraine for her to ask there about a certificate from them?

Irina’s niece who lives in California is there helping her some. Elena came on an immigrant visa and was here a number of years before marrying her husband so she came on a different process than the K1. She had visited the US and was teaching English in Moscow when I met Irina on the internet.

Elena was shook up when I talked to her Monday as she had arrived at Domodedovo Airport Saturday, flying out of it to Kaliningrad Sunday and has to return back through it when she leaves. They did not have the TV on and I broke the news to them of the bombing when I called Irina just after hearing the news. Elena is a realtor here and when back to help her father sell his home and buy another one.

Thank you in advance for the help.

I will ask about Russia. Our son had to get a police certificate from Russia as he is a student in Moscow. We actually got the exact information from Baron555's (now) wife and she even offered to go with our son there.

In Donetsk we went to the main police station. We had to wait in a line in the basement to find the right "door". It was comical actually. Finally we found which was the right office and we turned over a copy of Alla's internal passport and her birth certificate and some passport photos. We then had to go across town and pay for the certificate at a particular bank branch and then come back and bring the receipt (waiting in line again, of course) It was an all day procedure. She got her police certificate in 3 weeks (everything in Ukraine takes 3 weeks) We were also offered the opportunity to pay a bribe and get it sooner, but we had plenty of time. She actually got the police certificate before we filed the petition (the consulate accepts them for 1 year regardless of any expiration date on the certificate)

Our son, on the other hand learned he needed the Russian certificate at the last minute. He brouhgt a copy of his Ukrainian police certificate and $20 and he got his Russian certificate in about a week. They had said "Oh this will take a long time because we have to check with Ukraine...blah, blah, blah" He handed over the Ukraine police certificate and the $20 bill and they looked at the Ukraine certificate and said "Oh this will help, come to see us in one week" They kept the $20 bill. :lol:

Whenever a Russian or Ukrainian clerk starts to tell you how long something will take or how difficult it is or that the "man who needs to sign this is on vacation" THAT is your clue to start showing cash.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think we paid 500 rubles for "expedited service". Got it in a few days, or perhaps it was a week.

Also helps if you know someone or have a friend that knows someone.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Timeline

For Ukraine Police certificate

do they just need a copy of internal passport / do they make the copy for the ~3 weeks while they process the certificate ?

vFor Ukraine Police certificate

do they make the photocopy or should we bring a photocopy of passport?

And what other documentation do they need for certificate?

birth certificate copy

internal passport copy

how many passport photos?

Timeline

For Ukraine Police certificate

do they just need a copy of internal passport / do they make the copy for the ~3 weeks while they process the certificate ?

We brought a copy of her internal passport, her internal passport, a copy of her birth certificate and 3 passport type photos (why, I do not know, there is no photo on the police certificate) They gave back the originals and kept the copies.

Each Oblast may handle this differently and she should tell them any other Oblasti she has lived in, they will include those in the wording of the certificate. She only needs one certificate though.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I will ask about Russia. Our son had to get a police certificate from Russia as he is a student in Moscow. We actually got the exact information from Baron555's (now) wife and she even offered to go with our son there.

In Donetsk we went to the main police station. We had to wait in a line in the basement to find the right "door". It was comical actually. Finally we found which was the right office and we turned over a copy of Alla's internal passport and her birth certificate and some passport photos. We then had to go across town and pay for the certificate at a particular bank branch and then come back and bring the receipt (waiting in line again, of course) It was an all day procedure. She got her police certificate in 3 weeks (everything in Ukraine takes 3 weeks) We were also offered the opportunity to pay a bribe and get it sooner, but we had plenty of time. She actually got the police certificate before we filed the petition (the consulate accepts them for 1 year regardless of any expiration date on the certificate)

Our son, on the other hand learned he needed the Russian certificate at the last minute. He brouhgt a copy of his Ukrainian police certificate and $20 and he got his Russian certificate in about a week. They had said "Oh this will take a long time because we have to check with Ukraine...blah, blah, blah" He handed over the Ukraine police certificate and the $20 bill and they looked at the Ukraine certificate and said "Oh this will help, come to see us in one week" They kept the $20 bill. :lol:

Whenever a Russian or Ukrainian clerk starts to tell you how long something will take or how difficult it is or that the "man who needs to sign this is on vacation" THAT is your clue to start showing cash.

I talked to Irina a little while ago. She said Kaliningrad told her they would get a police report from where she has lived since she was 16 and it would include the Ukraine. Her niece went with her. They said about a month.

Gary I have a St Alban Vermont tale to tell you. In 2006 I was hauing cookies in my semi from the Cookie Tree Bakery in Salt Lake City. I washed the trailer out with a pressure washer here at home and went down and loaded. Since it was a frozen load I set the temperature at zero in the trailer. Due to the fact the floor was still damp and the loading dock is on a slope the fork lift spun some and left some rubber marks an fine particals on the floor. I made two drops on the way to Hatfield PA. When I got there the Cookie Tree had and urgent message and paper work. Go to St. Alban and get a load of Chocolate and hurry back. Their buyer in had gone on vacation and somehow they were nearly out of chocolate and would have to shut down in 4 days until it came in.

I arrived at Barry Callebau on Industrial Park Road and was informed the trailer was too dirty to load and I would not be able to have the pallets in the trailer either because they were used and to dirty. There had been forklifts in once to load and three times to unload. It was not dirty and they would not just let me sweep up the rubber either. Pallets were standard industry used not new but in average condition.

You always have the same number of pallets on your delivered load put back on so CT can have them back to ship again on or you get charged for the missing pallets. So I go back to the truck stop and get it cleaned out again at that garage behind it and had to unload the pallets by hand. Barry loaded and put a seal on the door so I could not pick up the Cookie Tree’s pallets.

A week later my brother had to go pick up another load in his truck. Cookie Tree had him wash the truck out before went to Barry. He got loaded and followed the same route I did west across the lake using I-89, V78, US12 and US 11 to I-87.

He always wears dark grey and black clothes and had been to the Ukraine and Moscow about 1997-98 with a group of American guy looking for wives and he had tried to buy something from a street vendor and was told he couldn’t because he was a Russian that had been to America and learned English. After showing his passport and trying to talk in Russian the guy gave in. Must be that 1/4 Swedish and Norwegian blood with the blue eyes. He thought that was something great.

Anyway as he started south on I-87 there were a bunch of police cars on the ramp and they pulled him over. NY state police and the border patrol thought he was an eastern European illegal emigrant that had snuck across from Canada. He call me up madder than a wet hen. We are the 11th generation born on American soil on one side of the family and the last was the Norwegian gr. grand mother that came in 1884.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Timeline

I talked to Irina a little while ago. She said Kaliningrad told her they would get a police report from where she has lived since she was 16 and it would include the Ukraine. Her niece went with her. They said about a month.

Gary I have a St Alban Vermont tale to tell you. In 2006 I was hauing cookies in my semi from the Cookie Tree Bakery in Salt Lake City. I washed the trailer out with a pressure washer here at home and went down and loaded. Since it was a frozen load I set the temperature at zero in the trailer. Due to the fact the floor was still damp and the loading dock is on a slope the fork lift spun some and left some rubber marks an fine particals on the floor. I made two drops on the way to Hatfield PA. When I got there the Cookie Tree had and urgent message and paper work. Go to St. Alban and get a load of Chocolate and hurry back. Their buyer in had gone on vacation and somehow they were nearly out of chocolate and would have to shut down in 4 days until it came in.

I arrived at Barry Callebau on Industrial Park Road and was informed the trailer was too dirty to load and I would not be able to have the pallets in the trailer either because they were used and to dirty. There had been forklifts in once to load and three times to unload. It was not dirty and they would not just let me sweep up the rubber either. Pallets were standard industry used not new but in average condition.

You always have the same number of pallets on your delivered load put back on so CT can have them back to ship again on or you get charged for the missing pallets. So I go back to the truck stop and get it cleaned out again at that garage behind it and had to unload the pallets by hand. Barry loaded and put a seal on the door so I could not pick up the Cookie Tree’s pallets.

A week later my brother had to go pick up another load in his truck. Cookie Tree had him wash the truck out before went to Barry. He got loaded and followed the same route I did west across the lake using I-89, V78, US12 and US 11 to I-87.

He always wears dark grey and black clothes and had been to the Ukraine and Moscow about 1997-98 with a group of American guy looking for wives and he had tried to buy something from a street vendor and was told he couldn’t because he was a Russian that had been to America and learned English. After showing his passport and trying to talk in Russian the guy gave in. Must be that 1/4 Swedish and Norwegian blood with the blue eyes. He thought that was something great.

Anyway as he started south on I-87 there were a bunch of police cars on the ramp and they pulled him over. NY state police and the border patrol thought he was an eastern European illegal emigrant that had snuck across from Canada. He call me up madder than a wet hen. We are the 11th generation born on American soil on one side of the family and the last was the Norwegian gr. grand mother that came in 1884.

They may get a report from Ukraine, but she will still need a police certificate from Ukraine. If she lived in Ukraine after age 16, she will need that.

The route your brother took goes right by where I used to live. My property had US rte 2 at the west end. As you know, if you pull over to the right shoulder of the road you are in Canada. :lol: That is the border crossing (near 87) where Alla gets called to interpret, usually. It is very busy and every so often the police and CBP make an effort to pull over and check anyone suspicious. I usually try to avoid it because you never know, it could take hours to get through there but Alla's favorite duty free shop is there (not that those places are so cheap anyway, I never figured out the attraction)

Next time, after you cross the first part of the lake on the bridge on 78, head south on Rte 2 to the ferry at Grand Isle and cross on the ferry to Rte 87. I do not know what they charge for a truck though, it may be too expensive. Anytime you are that close to the border, there is always swarms of police and CBP everywhere. They are usually in the gas stations/deli's getting coffee and donuts. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.