Sergi9

The officer didn't even look at my documents

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The Job Isn’t Finished Until the Paperwork is ... Ignored

Madam le Consul responds to the words heard most often following a visa denial: “The officer didn’t even look at my documents!”

“In July, Madam expressed very clearly her experienced opinion of the documents that applicants like to bring to their NIV interviews. What is it about paper, that consular officers love it so much? There is no document anywhere in the world that can’t be produced on demand, either as a genuine document fraudulently issued, or as a work of art created by Madam’s dear friend Ali on the Corner, all of whose children have graduated debt-free from good US universities thanks to their father’s work. If it’s not a mandatory I-20, DS-2019, I-797 or the like, it is not just useless; it is a dangerous distraction. Because let’s be clear: there is nothing about a piece of paper, however fancy, that will tell an officer anything about a visa applicant’s intentions. Documents are crutches; flipping through them to look for a reason to issue or refuse is a futile task. A bank book, a job letter, a lease, a car title: none of it means anything. If the customer intends to stay in the US, he will willingly leave all those things behind - even if they really exist and he really owns them - without a glance. And besides, an officer’s job is to interview applicants, not shuffle papers. How do you resist the pull of papers? Don’t ask for them. When offered,

don’t take them. If refused applicants, in their later complaints, eventually get around to the worldwide whine ‘...and the officer didn’t even look at my documents!’ the proper response is, ‘the officer interviewed you.’”

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Now you hurt my feelings . Of course not. I just read that consular corner monthly newsletter.

Oh I'm sorry, I got a little twisted there. Another twisted thing is how one CO would require a boat load of documents to skim through and another would not even want to look at them. Wish they'll be consistent and take the chance to examine documents the interviewees painfully put together. They try to play "God"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Unforutnately, they do posess the God Complex and when it comes to these matters they can really do whatever they want and their goal is to deny you by all means usually. When approvals are obtained, they look at it as another got by bt we'll stop the next one...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.