MYBABEROX

need help with a status PLEASE

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

My husband and myself are filing all paperwork needed for his green card. This site is so frickin helpful!!! But I am a bit confused on the

I-765/Application for Employment. On #15 on the examples I see a K1, meaning a fiance living overseas, right? Well we are married, have our own home here in the states. I have no idea what to put here. Is there a listing of current status for me to look over and read? Has anyone else come across this (I am sure), and figured it out? Any help or direction would be nice. Also I heard that the waiting process now is down to 5-6 months. Could I please get some feedback on this as well? O and one more question, I have saved all these forms, filled and printed them out. Do they need to be hand written or is computer generated ok? We only want to do this once!!!

Ok, now this is the last question: what would be the determining factor if they decided to send my husband back to his country (not that there is anything that would cause that, just worse case senario)? We are a bit scared, we have never been through this, we have both been previously married/divorced and we just need some feed back and some assurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

More details please..

You posted this to the CR1 IR-1 visa forum, so who is where?? This visa results in Green-card upon entry to the USA and is interviewed for overseas, no need to file an I-765 for EAD, green card IS work authorization.

OR

Are we adjusting status in the USA from a visitor's, work or student visa. Be very aware AOS from the Visa Waiver Program can easily result in denial and deportation, VWP tends to waive rights to possible AOS and USCIS seems to take that seriously.

If AOS, what are you adjusting from?? K-1 Visa?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

More details please..

You posted this to the CR1 IR-1 visa forum, so who is where?? This visa results in Green-card upon entry to the USA and is interviewed for overseas, no need to file an I-765 for EAD, green card IS work authorization.

OR

Are we adjusting status in the USA from a visitor's, work or student visa. Be very aware AOS from the Visa Waiver Program can easily result in denial and deportation, VWP tends to waive rights to possible AOS and USCIS seems to take that seriously.

If AOS, what are you adjusting from?? K-1 Visa?

OMGoodness!!! That is so confusing!! Ok, my husband is here with me in the USA. We are filling out the G325A, I485, I130, I693, I864, AND I765. My husband was here on a work visa, and the lady at the USCIS said these were all the papers we needed. But I am so confused because they never go over what we need to put on what and where!!! I dont know what a K1 or CR1 or any of those mean! We are in the begining stages, yes we are adjusting status if thats what you mean, but she said we had to do the I765 so that he can legally work. HELP!! Please talk to me in kindergarten terms if possible lol!

Edited by MYBABEROX

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

did you read the guides on top of this page, adjusting of status, or you can do a 1-130, cr-1 married,... if you file aos first you need 1-485form, then affidavit of support form 1-864, then 1-765, application for employment authorization, the G-325a biographic information, last G-1145 to e. mail you you have to decide which route you want to take, good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OMGoodness!!! That is so confusing!! Ok, my husband is here with me in the USA. We are filling out the G325A, I485, I130, I693, I864, AND I765. My husband was here on a work visa, and the lady at the USCIS said these were all the papers we needed. But I am so confused because they never go over what we need to put on what and where!!! I dont know what a K1 or CR1 or any of those mean! We are in the begining stages, yes we are adjusting status if thats what you mean, but she said we had to do the I765 so that he can legally work. HELP!! Please talk to me in kindergarten terms if possible lol!

Moving this from CR-1/IR-1 visa forum to the correct "Work/Travel during immigrations forum.

#15 Work Visa

#16 (c )(9 ) Based on pending I-485

Pay fees for only I-485 and for I-130..

There will be three G-325A needed, 2 for I-130 one from Husband and Wife, an additional G-325A from Husband attached to I-485.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

did you read the guides on top of this page, adjusting of status, or you can do a 1-130, cr-1 married,... if you file aos first you need 1-485form, then affidavit of support form 1-864, then 1-765, application for employment authorization, the G-325a biographic information, last G-1145 to e. mail you you have to decide which route you want to take, good luck

thank you!!! so cr-1 means married, now I am caught up! I have all these forms, the more I read over them, the more they make sense. We are just sending everything at once. Thank you so much for your advice!!

Timeline

Moving this from CR-1/IR-1 visa forum to the correct "Work/Travel during immigrations forum.

#15 Work Visa

#16 (c )(9 ) Based on pending I-485

Pay fees for only I-485 and for I-130..

There will be three G-325A needed, 2 for I-130 one from Husband and Wife, an additional G-325A from Husband attached to I-485.

so we just write in work visa in #15? thank you for your patience and answering me. It seems the more I read these, the more they make sense. We hve all these forms and we are just sending them in at once. And CR1 means married.

Fir 15 you put what type of visa he came on... was it H1B? M? L-1? He should know what visa he has. Ask him. It is also in his passport probably on his stamps and on his visa. CR1 is a spousal visa for spouses who are abroad and trying to immigrate to the US. You are Adjusting Status, often called here AOS (Adjustment of Status). It is a slightly different process. You have all the right forms. Also check out this forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-tourist-visas/

Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.