♥Yllen

NOA1 Errors...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

So after finally sending I-129F, it was recieved on 12/20/2010. But NOA1 came with some errors...

Beneficiarys (that would be me...) country of birth: UNKNOWN

And they didn´t type my complete name either... (missing second name).

In the country´s case, I abbreviated it according to ISO (International Standards for Business, Government and Society), not suspecting it would cause any problems...

About my name... well, I have not two but three names... so I typed the first one in the box and the other two were in a page attached as supplement to form I-129F Part B.

What to do?

I was going to send an email to USCIS but my SO told me it may cause confusion because I´m not the petitioner, and he will call tomorrow and try to reach someone there (which I´ve read it´s hard to do).

What do you recommend?

This is the email I was about to send... (In case there´s a mayor typing error, english is not my first language!) :blush:

Greetings,

I´m the beneficiary for case number xxxxxxxxxx, which acording to NOA1 was received on December 20, 2010.

However, we´re very much concerned about the errors we noticed in the information.

My name (beneficiary) is not complete and my country of birth says "unknown".

Hoping we don´t run into any (or many) delays, I´m attaching -so you can verify and correct my full name- a copy of my birth certificate and copy of supplement to form I-129F Part B. Information about your alien fiancé(e), sent on the petition.

My complete name is xxxxx xxxxx xx xxx xxxxxxxx.

About my country of birth, which is DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, we abreviatted it "DO" according to ISO (International Standards for Business, Government and Society) http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements

because it didn´t fit in the box (just like my second name) and we didn´t think it would cause any confusion, which we´re sorry for.

We hope this misunderstanding can be cleared out.

Thank you,

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Time from NOA1 to NOA2: 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't use abbreviations. On any of the forms you send.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Doesn't matter.

They issue visas in the names as in the foreign passport. Our son's green card says country of origin is Unknown. Makes no difference.

The NOA1 is a receipt and nothing more.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Doesn't matter.

They issue visas in the names as in the foreign passport. Our son's green card says country of origin is Unknown. Makes no difference.

The NOA1 is a receipt and nothing more.

So I´ve read.

But I´m still concerned... In the name case at least I know that we typed "See att." in the middle name box and wrote it another sheet of paper and maybe they didn´t go through the whole thing, but I´m pretty sure my Country of Birth was abbreviated everywhere.

I also read about a similar case where an error got to the NVC without being corrected and it was delayed by 180 days.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292434-incomplete-name-in-my-noas/

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My husband's(1 week so far:)) NOA1 came the same way- Country of birth UNKNOWN

Dont worry, we didnt have any RFE's and we didnt have to submit any other information about that. They figured it out- as they should have, since it was listed EVERYWHERE that he was born in Argentina!!

No worries!!

Met in 2006... dated since 2008, engaged March 2010= Married January 21, 2011

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 6/28/10

I-129F NOA1 : 7/7/10

I-129F NOA2 : 10/29/10

NVC Received : 11/4/10

Packet 3 Sent : 11/29/10

Visa Received : 1/4/11 !!!!!

US Entry : 1/17/11

Marriage : 1/21/11

AOS package sent: 1/24/11

EAD and advanced parole 3/22/11

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

My husband's(1 week so far:)) NOA1 came the same way- Country of birth UNKNOWN

Dont worry, we didnt have any RFE's and we didnt have to submit any other information about that. They figured it out- as they should have, since it was listed EVERYWHERE that he was born in Argentina!!

No worries!!

I really hope this doesn´t cause any problem either, but what worries me is that in our case I abbreviated it everywhere... no full country name in any of the files...

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.