redribbon

incomplete name in my NOAs

12 posts in this topic

I hope anybody can help me and give info about the problem that we are encountering now.. :help:

In my NOA1 and NOA2, under the beneficiary's name, we found out that my fiancee's name is written incomplete/not fully written(middle name is not written also). Even in their system :(

Will i have problems at the embassy esp submitting my Identification(written my full name) on the time of my interview? What else do i need to prove that i am the beneficiary aside from pictures?

Also, my NOA2 will expired before the interview, do the consulate revalidate it automatically?

Pls i need any of your advice..I will greatly appreciate it:)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I hope anybody can help me and give info about the problem that we are encountering now.. :help:

In my NOA1 and NOA2, under the beneficiary's name, we found out that my fiancee's name is written incomplete/not fully written(middle name is not written also). Even in their system :(

Will i have problems at the embassy esp submitting my Identification(written my full name) on the time of my interview? What else do i need to prove that i am the beneficiary aside from pictures?

Also, my NOA2 will expired before the interview, do the consulate revalidate it automatically?

I would suggest you notify them immediately so they can take the necessary steps or advise you on what to do.

You can find some answers on proving you're the beneficiary navigating through the link below;

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

girl, do you have any idea of where is your case right now? if its still in NVC or already forwarded at USEM?

i have the same issue, only difference is, according to NVC my mailing address is still in Bahrain instead of manila. We have sent letter of change of address and called USCIS before but seems like these people are really very incompetent. We got approved without them updating my info's to think that they freakin waited 6months to f**king look at our case. Now NVC seemed to messed up our Manila Case number...so go figure! But alteast my fiance is able to send them another email correcting my information. We intend to keep on calling them to track the development. More mistakes are no longer acceptable and totally disappointing.

Try to know where your packet is, and email them or call to do the necessary corrections. Goodluck

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You should have had this corrected once you noticed it with the NOA1. You will need to send a photocopy of your ID(I'm assumind passport) with a letter requesting that the name be fully and correctly replaced in the system. You will be better of sorting it out before it gets to the embassy.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

I would suggest you notify them immediately so they can take the necessary steps or advise you on what to do.

You can find some answers on proving you're the beneficiary navigating through the link below;

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Thank you for your reply and the link:)

Yes we notified USCIS and requested to change the name, but petition sent to NVC then Embassy(:( it was too late.. So we contacted embassy and informed them about the name.I faxed b-certificate with a letter.But then later on case was sent back to USCIS)..Wekeep on calling but told us to wait 180 days.Now we just got information that case is on the way back to embassy but no change of name happened:(.

:( so sad...

girl, do you have any idea of where is your case right now? if its still in NVC or already forwarded at USEM?

i have the same issue, only difference is, according to NVC my mailing address is still in Bahrain instead of manila. We have sent letter of change of address and called USCIS before but seems like these people are really very incompetent. We got approved without them updating my info's to think that they freakin waited 6months to f**king look at our case. Now NVC seemed to messed up our Manila Case number...so go figure! But alteast my fiance is able to send them another email correcting my information. We intend to keep on calling them to track the development. More mistakes are no longer acceptable and totally disappointing.

Try to know where your packet is, and email them or call to do the necessary corrections. Goodluck

Oh no... :(.. you have exactly the same case of my friend.She worked overseas before and that the mailing address is in the UAE.. I dont know more about it but she mentioned that they asked a request(didnt ask what was it)...They have an attorney to do their visa anyway so she wasnt too worried...

I just got information that its on the way back to embassy.. The sad thing is USCIS didnt asked us anything documents for them to do the correction... :(

Girl, i have my name written correctly but missing the middle name..:(.. our moms maiden name...

Oh no... :(.. you have exactly the same case of my friend.She worked overseas before and that the mailing address is in the UAE.. I dont know more about it but she mentioned that they asked a request(didnt ask what was it)...They have an attorney to do their visa anyway so she wasnt too worried...

I just got information that its on the way back to embassy.. The sad thing is USCIS didnt asked us anything documents for them to do the correction... :(

Girl, i have my name written correctly but missing the middle name..:(.. our moms maiden name...

You should have had this corrected once you noticed it with the NOA1. You will need to send a photocopy of your ID(I'm assumind passport) with a letter requesting that the name be fully and correctly replaced in the system. You will be better of sorting it out before it gets to the embassy.

thank you for your reply..:)

What if it is sent to embassy?

Can they do the name correction?

thank you for your reply..:)

What if it is sent to embassy?

Can they do the name correction?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well, it may or may not be corrected at the embassy. I just believe that they get a tad suspicious at the embassy when you are making corrections there for something that had been wrong all along since the beginning of the process.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Not sure what to do with the name error but in the case of the noa2, you should be okay. USEM told me that I had one year to schedule my interview. I waited 4 months, and my noa2 was expired but I had no problems scheduling my interview

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here

Each consulate is different ... please make sure you get an answer specific to yours

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what to do with the name error but in the case of the noa2, you should be okay. USEM told me that I had one year to schedule my interview. I waited 4 months, and my noa2 was expired but I had no problems scheduling my interview

Thnx for the reply :thumbs: yes i called USEM and they will revalidate it;)

Still worried of my name..I think ill show proof that the beneficiary and my IDS are the same person...I notified the embassy already but they cant do anything until papers get back to them.. OH Lord pls help me....

Well, it may or may not be corrected at the embassy. I just believe that they get a tad suspicious at the embassy when you are making corrections there for something that had been wrong all along since the beginning of the process.

I hope not.. :( and i hope they can correct it..Ill give them proof that i am using that name.. I really hope it helps...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.