dany007

Affidavit of support for diversity visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

Recently a friend of mine won the diversity visa and i would like to offer him AOS. I've been doing a lot of reading online but still kinda fail to understand exactly the process for offering this.

I know i have to fill out the I-134 form .I fully qualify, the form is filled signed an put in an envelope. Now the question comes, where do i mail it. I'm assuming that i have to send it to my friend before his interview so he can present it, but doesn't the US government need to be informed that i filled out this paperwork and that my information is valid ?

I guess the main questions is , do i file the I-134 send it over and that's it , i'm all done i offered an AOS ?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you included all your supporting documents with the form? Doesn't sound like you have.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Did you included all your supporting documents with the form? Doesn't sound like you have.

Well , i haven't mailed the envelope yet :) . I included a copy of my w2 form for 2010 and a hand written signed letter from my boss where i work stating my hiring date , duties and desire of continued employment.

Is there anything else that need to be included ?

Thanks

Ok , thanks for pointing this out , after doing some research it looks like i have to include a couple more things

This is what i summarized so far .

Envelope contents :

I 134 form

Employment Letter

Need to include and wont be a problem to get:

Pay Stubs

Bank letter with average balance and opening date

Bank Statements

Letter to Consulate

Invitation Letter

W2 form copies form the past 3 years

I'm not sure exactly what to include for the "Identificatin"

Got the info from this website : http://www.***removed***....-documents.html , i know it's for a visitor viza but i'm guessing the same paperwork applies .

Thanks a lot for your help

Edited by Kathryn41

If US citizen- copy of the passport or naturalization certificate. If US LPR, copy of the green card.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Hello all,

Recently a friend of mine won the diversity visa and i would like to offer him AOS. I've been doing a lot of reading online but still kinda fail to understand exactly the process for offering this.

I know i have to fill out the I-134 form .I fully qualify, the form is filled signed an put in an envelope. Now the question comes, where do i mail it. I'm assuming that i have to send it to my friend before his interview so he can present it, but doesn't the US government need to be informed that i filled out this paperwork and that my information is valid ?

I guess the main questions is , do i file the I-134 send it over and that's it , i'm all done i offered an AOS ?

Thank you.

Is it required at all for DV Lottery? Please advice.

NVC

12/06/2010 -- NVC Received

12/07/2010 -- AOS fee paid

12/10/2010 -- DS-3032 NVC Received

12/11/2010 -- AOS I-864 mailed

12/15/2010 -- IV Bill invoiced

12/16/2010 -- IV Bill showed as paid

12/16/2010 -- DS-230 sent

12/17/2010 -- DS-230 NVC Received

12/21/2010 -- Entered DS-230 into the system

01/10/2011 -- RFE for i-864 signature

01/11/2011 -- RFE NVC Received

01/13/2011 -- RFE entered into system

SIF - 01/31/2011 :) Thank God!

Case completed - 02/01/2011

Interview - 03/29/2011 Scheduled on 02/11/2011

03/29/2011 put on AP for two weeks

04/16/2011 POE JFK!

ROC

1/29/2013 Sent in I-751 package

2/2/2013 Received NOA1

02/08/2013 Received biometrics appointment letter

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am also submitting an I-134 Affidavit of Support for someone overseas.

My question is in regards to 9 & 10 on the form:

9. I have previously submitted affidavits of support for the following person(s)

10. I have submitted visa petitions(s) to US Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s)

yes, I have submitted affidavit of Support and visa Petition for my husband back in 2004 - who is now a US citizen. Should I list it or is it something more recent they want you to list?

Thank you.

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.