Captain Oates

Are crazies still crazy in heaven ?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Well, aren't you two just the cutest.

Well I am - can't speak for the rest

However

I want to hear from some jesus freak so I can mess with their mind and maybe in 10 years the seed will grow and they will enter the stage of enlightenment and start saving some tithing money

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Whatever your conception is for the afterlife, it will be exactly as you expect it to be, or it will be something completely different. What you have to ask yourself, while you are in this life is, "Is there anything I can do to change that outcome?" If the answer is yes, you got religion. If not, then you fully expect this is the end, and nothing really matters, so go out there and enjoy yourself before you disassociate into oblivion.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Well I am - can't speak for the rest

However

I want to hear from some jesus freak so I can mess with their mind and maybe in 10 years the seed will grow and they will enter the stage of enlightenment and start saving some tithing money

I don't even tithe right now or attend a church. I am not against those things, just currently not doing that. Uh oh, did I just completely ruin your stereotypes? lol Nah, I know you will still go on and on with your anti-Christian stuff no matter what! Maybe I am planting seeds for you, to wake up and smell the spiritual world around you. ;) It smells nice!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Whatever your conception is for the afterlife, it will be exactly as you expect it to be, or it will be something completely different. What you have to ask yourself, while you are in this life is, "Is there anything I can do to change that outcome?" If the answer is yes, you got religion. If not, then you fully expect this is the end, and nothing really matters, so go out there and enjoy yourself before you disassociate into oblivion.

Yeah that's how I have arranged things and the only thing that can go wrong is if some religious nut decides to ruin my life because I won't go along with their tyranny and join their tithing scam

I have only once been told by anyone that they want me to burn in hell and that was by my ex who goes to church twice a week and can hardly get a sentence out without referring to god. (a bit like Obama or W)

That was because I told her she undermined me when we were bringing up the kids (doing homework etc) - any criticism of her means the critic should be removed to hell for eternity and tied to a tree with electric cord and then set fire to - these so called christians didn't get the message from big J about how they should be and they use their voodoo and connections upstairs as a weapon to inflict harm

I bet me and J would have been pals and had a few beers and agreed on almost everything - I would have excused his god delusions like I did my Polish pal's attraction to teenage girls -nobody is perfect. I know he didnt eat pork pies but I would have had his so that's ok.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Define Jesus Freak.

Someone who is so devoted to Jesus, that they have abandoned rationalising any scenario which might lead to a weakening of their faith. ie Deep down they dont care if it is true or not because they couldn't live without it and so believing is not voluntary and not believing it is not an option.

A person with a closed mind who refuses to even think a scenario through for fear of accepting it

A person who uses a professed religion in order to go on christian weekend camps for sex (My trainee accountant did that often). I was thinking of doing that but decided it was immoral and I find permanent white smiles blinding and vacant expressions tedious

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

WTH are those????

They are like rabbits !!!!

They put tents up and late at night those guy pegs are popping and the tents zips are zinging !

Once the secret was out, my accountant and his pals were signing up for as many as they could manage

The vacant expression girls just thought it was 'love' and so ok

Love thy neighbor - and when you are camping you have a lot of neighbors !

Remember these people can rationalize anything - it's part of the credentials

If you have long hair and sandals and a whispy beard, you get more than you can handle - evidence Utah !

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ref the Arizona shooter

This is a question for the religious who believe in heaven

Just suppose he is found unfit to plead or that his mental condition was such that he can't be found guilty; in that instance can he go to heaven one day ?

On a broader point, do the mentally ill go to heaven, and if so are they still mentally ill when they arrive, or are they all miraculously fixed as they pass they pearly gates ?

Are dumb people still dumb in heaven or do they get an IQ refit ?

I wouldn't like to have a guardian angel who still couldn't graduate school

People speculate about whether people are still old and geriatric in heaven or whether they all become 22 again; but what about their mental capacities ?

Mental illness is a physiological illness. If you died from complications of pneumonia, do you think you'd still be hacking up your lung in heaven?

Timeline

Mental illness is a physiological illness. If you died from complications of pneumonia, do you think you'd still be hacking up your lung in heaven?

Good point but what about low IQ ?

Presumably that is not physiological

If the soul is without an IQ, I can understand how it is possible for it to sit on god's right hand looking at the clouds for eternity

Not something I would be able to find a need for though because what is something without reason or IQ or thought - I mean what does it do all day ? I have just got my gel pack out of the micro wave for my stiff shoulder - I imagine the soul to be something like that but not as useful

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good point but what about low IQ ?

Presumably that is not physiological

If the soul is without an IQ, I can understand how it is possible for it to sit on god's right hand looking at the clouds for eternity

Not something I would be able to find a need for though because what is something without reason or IQ or thought - I mean what does it do all day ? I have just got my gel pack out of the micro wave for my stiff shoulder - I imagine the soul to be something like that but not as useful

Mental capacity is also a physiological condition. We are just speculating here since the term heaven refers to a beyond that no one knows with any real certainty what it actually entails. For me, it's an abstract concept of being in total union with God.

Filed: Timeline

Would you still have lungs in heaven? I hear the air is pretty thin up there.

For the Christian world, the soul makes the journey, whatever the soul is, and wherever that journey leads, perhaps some sort of holding cell. Meanwhile, the physical remains stay planet bound, until the final resurrection, at which time the soul and the body are reunited, and everybody goes to court. Beyond that the bible is not exactly clear, unless you are judged wicked, and I guess for you, eternity sucks.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Timeline

Mental capacity is also a physiological condition. We are just speculating here since the term heaven refers to a beyond that no one knows with any real certainty what it actually entails. For me, it's an abstract concept of being in total union with God.

Yes but god only worked 6 days and then stopped - and that was about 6 thousand years ago. So not much is happening since then. After being sat there staring at him for a couple of years in total adoration, don't you think it would become boring ?

I have had the experience of totally loving someone but not being able to have sex with them - and I found it quite frustrating

I can see it would be fun for day one - but you can't go off to work with him like one of the seven dwarfs, as its all been created, so just how long can you look at someone in adoration without getting a stiff neck or an aversion to gray beards ?

moresheep400100.jpg