Gus&Cole

Juarez, Mexico

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Me too, me too! Jejeje! Have you guys looked on the consolate reviews page? There's some good long interview stories there. Thing is, I don't think there have been many VJ members with K-1 Mexico visas being at that stage for these last few months (according to the timelines). There seems to be a good sized batch about ready now still waiting on their packet 3's so I'm hoping they'll share with the rest of us when the time comes (if they can tear themselves away from the loved ones for a few minutes!) How bout it guys?

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here Includes interview reports as well

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Me too, me too! Jejeje! Have you guys looked on the consolate reviews page? There's some good long interview stories there. Thing is, I don't think there have been many VJ members with K-1 Mexico visas being at that stage for these last few months (according to the timelines). There seems to be a good sized batch about ready now still waiting on their packet 3's so I'm hoping they'll share with the rest of us when the time comes (if they can tear themselves away from the loved ones for a few minutes!) How bout it guys?

C_Maria and Gus&Cole,

I am most interested too in finding out how the medical & interviews go. That part of the process does concern me due to the state of the city. Sorry, but I can't help being straight forward with the crisis that Cuidad Juarez finds itself in. I know from another K1 experience that in the Lima, Peru Embassy they interview folks and after they are approved , the K1 Visas get sent via DHL to their residences. From what I've read in the CJ Embassy review, people actually have to stay in 'Hotel Row' for aprox. 6 days waiting for the completion and deliverance of their visas. So I wish for the folks who are in line to interview soon be kind enough to fill in that experience. Good question G&C!

Best regards,

E&R4EVER

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Cd J consulate English

Cd J consulate Spanish

Check out these you tube videos explaining the process in Juarez...they made me feel better

medical english

medico en español

here are the medical videos

info in english

info in Spanish

more!!!

info in english

info in Spanish

th eforum will only let you post a few videos at a time...hope you can see them...

6 in all

:)

Timeline

C_Maria and Gus&Cole,

I am most interested too in finding out how the medical & interviews go. That part of the process does concern me due to the state of the city. Sorry, but I can't help being straight forward with the crisis that Cuidad Juarez finds itself in. I know from another K1 experience that in the Lima, Peru Embassy they interview folks and after they are approved , the K1 Visas get sent via DHL to their residences. From what I've read in the CJ Embassy review, people actually have to stay in 'Hotel Row' for aprox. 6 days waiting for the completion and deliverance of their visas. So I wish for the folks who are in line to interview soon be kind enough to fill in that experience. Good question G&C!

Best regards,

E&R4EVER

From the information I've gathered the last step inside the consolate building during the interview is a stop off at their mailing department where you pay the DHL processing fee and tell them where you'd like the papers mailed. You then have the option of returning home if that is the address you specify or waiting it out in CJ 3-10 days. I think a lot of people get it there for various reasons; to return with it in hand, to have it faster, and mostly because lots of people are waiting to cross right then.

My fiance has made it clear to everyone in his life in Mexico that as soon as that packet 3 comes it's hugs and kisses (maybe just a handshake to the boss, haha)and straight to CJ in the same day where he will complete his interview and wait it out to cross the instant DHL has it!

I understand that other people have things going on in their lives that don't make it possible or practical to stay in CJ after the interview or cross right away so there is the other option. And the visa is "active" for entry for six months from the issue date so there is flexibility there as well.

Thanks again for the videos Kimchimex, these are super helpful!! I think one of these actually shows every step of the interview including the mailing address part. :)

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

A.O.S.

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Timeline

From the information I've gathered the last step inside the consolate building during the interview is a stop off at their mailing department where you pay the DHL processing fee and tell them where you'd like the papers mailed. You then have the option of returning home if that is the address you specify or waiting it out in CJ 3-10 days. I think a lot of people get it there for various reasons; to return with it in hand, to have it faster, and mostly because lots of people are waiting to cross right then.

My fiance has made it clear to everyone in his life in Mexico that as soon as that packet 3 comes it's hugs and kisses (maybe just a handshake to the boss, haha)and straight to CJ in the same day where he will complete his interview and wait it out to cross the instant DHL has it!

I understand that other people have things going on in their lives that don't make it possible or practical to stay in CJ after the interview or cross right away so there is the other option. And the visa is "active" for entry for six months from the issue date so there is flexibility there as well.

Thanks again for the videos Kimchimex, these are super helpful!! I think one of these actually shows every step of the interview including the mailing address part. :)

Yep I was thrilled to have found the videos!

Kim

Timeline

Yep I was thrilled to have found the videos!

Kim

Kimchimex and C_María!

This is most excellentt!!!!! Thanks a million and will keep everyone info'd on my journey & update my timeline when Ross & I go through CD.

I have always loved this site and the wonderful people willing to help with positive feedback!! C_María wish you guys the best on your "C_María + 1!"

You're the best!

eff

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 2011 => Wedding

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Timeline

C_María wish you guys the best on your "C_María + 1!"

Thank you so much. Any day, now! <3

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

A.O.S.

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

From the information I've gathered the last step inside the consolate building during the interview is a stop off at their mailing department where you pay the DHL processing fee and tell them where you'd like the papers mailed.

Hey there! The informaation from C_Maria was is very accurate according to the procedures last month, but I was in Juarez just yesterday finishing everything, and they just changed some procedures like the DHL, now you have two options: the first one is to register at mexico.usvisa-info.com or you can do it at the DHL counter inside the consulate (I did the later). Another thing is that you don't have to pay anything since it is already include in the K-1 $350 fee.

Hope this helps (:

Timeline

Thank you so much. Any day, now! <3

It appears a congrats!!! Maria_C Your need addition arrived via "Stork?" Best things in life is 'Life itself'

Cool!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 2011 => Wedding

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Timeline

Hey there! The informaation from C_Maria was is very accurate according to the procedures last month, but I was in Juarez just yesterday finishing everything, and they just changed some procedures like the DHL, now you have two options: the first one is to register at mexico.usvisa-info.com or you can do it at the DHL counter inside the consulate (I did the later). Another thing is that you don't have to pay anything since it is already include in the K-1 $350 fee.

Hope this helps (:

Thanks again Lovest!! So the DHL could be filled out there on the spot and delivered to my Fiancee'sdomicile in Chihuahua, Chi, Mx ? Or you could have it sent to the hotel you are staying? Be safe and wooow to be at that step!

eff

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 2011 => Wedding

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Timeline

Thanks to everyone who's been keeping us informed. My Fiance and I are STILL waiting for our letter from Juarez. I emailed the Juarez consulate three weeks ago and they emailed me back that they had received our paperwork from the VISA Processing center. Just havent seen anything from Juarez.

Timeline

Thanks again Lovest!! So the DHL could be filled out there on the spot and delivered to my Fiancee'sdomicile in Chihuahua, Chi, Mx ? Or you could have it sent to the hotel you are staying? Be safe and wooow to be at that step!

eff

She would have to go to the DHL office whenever they receive her visa (whether it is in CDJ or Chih)because they don't send the visas to specific addresses, also once she chooses a DHL location, it can't be change so be sure she selects the right place. It'll take about two days to receive the visa in CDJ and about a week anywhere else in mx.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.