Zharren Young

VSC USCIS & NVC-Amazingly Stupid

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed our I-129F in July 7, 2010 got our NOA1 13 and NOA2 January 12.

It took them a day before the 6motnhs markto get us approved. Along the process we sent them emails and mail stating beneficiary's change of address and we got acknowledgement letter saying they receive it. But it turns out that all those F***king 6months that our case is sitting in their desk no one actually bothered to update the necessary changes? #######???

Now, our case is in NVC, I found out a couple of days ago that these idiots from USCIS didnt update my fiance's address. So again, i emailed NVC for the said info. Today i called them again and found out that still no one did the update and that our supposedly manila case number is wrong. That the first 3 letters refers to a different consulate instead of manila. im like WOW!!! these people are totally amazingly stupid! a whole bunch of ####### no brainer lazy @SS dumber! If i didnt get to call, they could have sent off our packet somewhere else instead of where it should be. Im wishing theres a way to sue these people. These are serious mistake and its very unacceptable. They have delayed us so much enough to their NONESENSE process that claims as part to protect this country from terrorism??? Coz if any of these are, they surely have F***ked up already! theyre process is SIMPLY iNCOMPETENT & STUPID!!!

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

I tell people that dealing with US immigration personnel is like dealing with untrained monkeys, because it would be an insult to trained monkeys to compare US immigration personnel to them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe there's a way for you to email/mail complaintts. I can tell you right now that your complaint might get looked at and it might not get looked at but its worth a try. Immigration mess up ALL the time and because we just want the problem to be fixed so we can be with our loved one, we don't follow up on the issue after its fixed.

I'm not surprised at your situation and yes, its stupid beyond disbelief.

My sugestion is mail your complaint with all the changes you attempted to make and the confirmation you received that it was changed, each time you called and what you were told when you called, and lastly the incorrect case number. Include all necessary information and be polite but let it be known the their service to us American citizens who simply wants to be with our loved ones is unacceptable.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

I tell people that dealing with US immigration personnel is like dealing with untrained monkeys, because it would be an insult to trained monkeys to compare US immigration personnel to them.

good.gifi agree. only difference is, if you train a monkey, it can turn out to be a lot smarter than themheadbonk.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

I believe there's a way for you to email/mail complaintts. I can tell you right now that your complaint might get looked at and it might not get looked at but its worth a try. Immigration mess up ALL the time and because we just want the problem to be fixed so we can be with our loved one, we don't follow up on the issue after its fixed.

I'm not surprised at your situation and yes, its stupid beyond disbelief.

My sugestion is mail your complaint with all the changes you attempted to make and the confirmation you received that it was changed, each time you called and what you were told when you called, and lastly the incorrect case number. Include all necessary information and be polite but let it be known the their service to us American citizens who simply wants to be with our loved ones is unacceptable.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey!

thanks, and yeah i intend to be calling them everyday to make sure they didnt just go get their mochafraps after talking to me on the phone ( and forgot about my complaint) or reading my emails. yes i said emails & even mails to make sure they get to see it and yet none were changed. it proves that these people are very unreliable so i'll be tailing them to make sure they wont f**k us up over and over again.

Timeline

We filed our I-129F in July 7, 2010 got our NOA1 13 and NOA2 January 12.

It took them a day before the 6motnhs markto get us approved. Along the process we sent them emails and mail stating beneficiary's change of address and we got acknowledgement letter saying they receive it. But it turns out that all those F***king 6months that our case is sitting in their desk no one actually bothered to update the necessary changes? #######???

Now, our case is in NVC, I found out a couple of days ago that these idiots from USCIS didnt update my fiance's address. So again, i emailed NVC for the said info. Today i called them again and found out that still no one did the update and that our supposedly manila case number is wrong. That the first 3 letters refers to a different consulate instead of manila. im like WOW!!! these people are totally amazingly stupid! a whole bunch of ####### no brainer lazy @SS dumber! If i didnt get to call, they could have sent off our packet somewhere else instead of where it should be. Im wishing theres a way to sue these people. These are serious mistake and its very unacceptable. They have delayed us so much enough to their NONESENSE process that claims as part to protect this country from terrorism??? Coz if any of these are, they surely have F***ked up already! theyre process is SIMPLY iNCOMPETENT & STUPID!!!

So you sent a letter to your local USCIS about the address change, and you received a confirmation from them that they received it? Did you ever receive a Touch on the USCIS website? Some have said that should happen. I also mailed the letter to my local USCIS and received a confirmation letter. But I never received a Touch. The date for my case still says the day they they processed my NOA1. I'm worried we might have the same problem as you. Would it be best to wait until the case gets to Manila before calling them and getting the address changed if it is not changed already? I don't think it really matters until then.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

So you sent a letter to your local USCIS about the address change, and you received a confirmation from them that they received it? Did you ever receive a Touch on the USCIS website? Some have said that should happen. I also mailed the letter to my local USCIS and received a confirmation letter. But I never received a Touch. The date for my case still says the day they they processed my NOA1. I'm worried we might have the same problem as you. Would it be best to wait until the case gets to Manila before calling them and getting the address changed if it is not changed already? I don't think it really matters until then.

-James

yep we received mail stating that they received our mail with the requested necessary changes. Also our case got touched then. As of now our case is in NVC, USCIS havent updated the changes we requested, so my fiance emailed NVC the info and even on the phone told the person that it needs to be changed. While my fiance was on the phone, i told him to ask why he gave us a "seemingly" different case number like most Phil applicants have which starts with MNL, ours instead was MNA. The guy said oh, its a new one and its all online process and will be faster blah blah blah(my @ss) ! and since its been 2 days and we never get an email confirmation from NVC, i told my fiance to call again, and BAM! its a different consulate. If he didnt call today, they could have forwarded our packet to MANAMA BAHRAIN instead of MANILA PHILS. All this time that our case was sitting in USCIS they havent really done anything. They are totally sickening.

I suggest you start calling USCIS and bug them right there and then to update whatever changes you need to get done. Dont wait till they forward at USEM. Theres someone here in VJ that USEM sent back their packet back to USCIS just becoz of her middle initial. urghhh-go figure!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I feel your pain and agree with everyones comment. It appears that USCIS and NVC enjoy leaving cases in limbo for no logical reasons. Happens to often. This process is like Dantes Inferno....

Timeline

I feel your pain and agree with everyones comment. It appears that USCIS and NVC enjoy leaving cases in limbo for no logical reasons. Happens to often. This process is like Dantes Inferno....

good.gifagreed. the most irritating part is we were hands on with it, called and called to make sure it was done, only to find out that nothing was done at all after all that effort. terribly disappointing. like someone else said above, talking to them is like talking to brainless monkiesprotest6wz.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Makes you wonder about the competence of the person doing the adjudication of your case, when they can't even update a simple entry on a computer that shows they touched your document when you got your NOA2...still showing NOA1 date...hmmmmm. Or maybe you can't blame the adjudicator maybe the website just does not work when it gets the data that was entered from them. Whatever the case it does show some real incompetence on the part of someone in that agency. Makes you wonder on how they plan to protect the country when the simple things don't work there.

Filed: Timeline

---Would it be best to wait until the case gets to Manila before calling them and getting the address changed if it is not changed already? I don't think it really matters until then.---

That's what I would do. For one thing, your finance can physically go to the Embassy if necessary. Just my two cents.

Makes you wonder about the competence of the person doing the adjudication of your case, when they can't even update a simple entry on a computer

I have discovered that essentially their computer system lets no one update anything (at least correctly). When I had documents sent with my surname misspelled I tried to have it corrected. On the phone they can't do it. At Infopass they can't do it. I received a letter saying that they had done it. Green Card turns up. They hadn't done it. Apparently the concept of amend and press enter is not programmed into their computer systems! So, essentially, I think that no one there is competent at all and their computer system is designed to aid them in this incompetency.

Timeline

---Would it be best to wait until the case gets to Manila before calling them and getting the address changed if it is not changed already? I don't think it really matters until then.---

That's what I would do. For one thing, your finance can physically go to the Embassy if necessary. Just my two cents.

Uhuh?!?shocked.gif but it will never get to manila embassy, coz they never updated the address. they were about to send it to the wrong consulate if we havent find out cray5ol.gif

Timeline

Makes you wonder about the competence of the person doing the adjudication of your case, when they can't even update a simple entry on a computer that shows they touched your document when you got your NOA2...still showing NOA1 date...hmmmmm. Or maybe you can't blame the adjudicator maybe the website just does not work when it gets the data that was entered from them. Whatever the case it does show some real incompetence on the part of someone in that agency. Makes you wonder on how they plan to protect the country when the simple things don't work there.

agreegood.gif if they get to miss such simple info, then how much more of an terrorist?

im sure if a terrorist would apply for a visa, they will be much more careful and precise with their application to the point it will look so perfect they might not even give a second glance and approve it right away lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.