dontletsstart

so frustrated with VCS!!!!

5 posts in this topic

I don't know what to do at this point. Our NOA1 date is August 11, but they won't file a service request because the computer system won't let them. Last week I called and they said they expected to get to our file in 18 days. So I waited a week and called again today. Now they're saying 20 days! What is this??? Looking at Igor's list it looks like they've stopped processing I129Fs again.

Does it really help to contact a congressperson? It seems like all the info on here is so conflicting. The whole thing is like a crapshoot. Some people get through quickly, others don't, some people file service requests, I apparently can't, some people think congress helps, others don't. UGH!

Just needed to vent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Typically, USCIS will not investigate until you are 30 days past the processing time posted on USCIS.gov, which is 5 months.

Jan 11 is 5 months, so Feb 10 or so will be 30 days beyond.. Phone calls probably wont get any thing until after Feb 10..

Moving to progress reports sub-forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know what to do at this point. Our NOA1 date is August 11, but they won't file a service request because the computer system won't let them. Last week I called and they said they expected to get to our file in 18 days. So I waited a week and called again today. Now they're saying 20 days! What is this??? Looking at Igor's list it looks like they've stopped processing I129Fs again.

Does it really help to contact a congressperson? It seems like all the info on here is so conflicting. The whole thing is like a crapshoot. Some people get through quickly, others don't, some people file service requests, I apparently can't, some people think congress helps, others don't. UGH!

Just needed to vent.

File a complaint with your Congress Member ASAP. I have been reading rumors that the House Appropriations Committee has just about had it with USCIS excuses and will soon be demanding changes. Let's help get them over the top.

Even a lot of Congress Members won't do anything until 6 months. Trust me, I would know.

Congressman's office says "5-8 months, so we will check for you if you haven't heard by Mid-March." (That's 6 months for me.)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just needed to vent.

DO contact your congressman.. its worked for others at this point and will give you hope at least.. Don't listen to this 20 days, 30 days rubbish as its just a way to get rid of you for a bit.. We sent an e-mail to VSC which was an alteration of the one LUCYNY had success with. Couple of days later we received a response from a real person.. few days more and we were approved. PM me if you want a copy of said e-mail as a few have gone down that route. Ive said this before but here goes again.. everyone clearly deals with this whole process in differnt ways.. some are patient.. some are impatient (then theres Al who takes it to another level;0)) you can either stick your head in the sand and be guaranteed nothing will happen or try everything in your power to get an answer.. I wish you the very best and feel for you as only last month I was feeling exactly the same and its horrible..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.