9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

So my this is my 6th month after applying for K-1 back since July 2010. I have done the following so far and don't know if there is anything else I should be doing besides waiting:

1) After my 5 month mark, I called USCIS at the end of december and put in a service request, they issued me a number.

2) Recently contacted my congressman's office, they spoke to them and said my case has been recently assigned to an officer and I should contact my congressman's office in 30 days since it is not out of the normal processing time.

My timeline is as follows:

I129F sent - 7/23/2010

NOA1 rcvd - 7/28/2010

Touched - 10/3/2010

I don't know what the heck they are upto at VSC but, what else should I do now??

Thanks

in the same boat as you called got a service request , had my senator write a letter this vermont service center is the worst operation I have ever seen in my life I hit 6 months in 5 days ..this sucks so bad

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

in the same boat as you called got a service request , had my senator write a letter this vermont service center is the worst operation I have ever seen in my life I hit 6 months in 5 days ..this sucks so bad

I know, it really sucks. I cannot understand what the hell they are doing, are they freakin lazy or what?

I am so pissed, they really don't understand the impact we have on our relationship because of the huge delay in processing.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know, it really sucks. I cannot understand what the hell they are doing, are they freakin lazy or what?

I am so pissed, they really don't understand the impact we have on our relationship because of the huge delay in processing.

Did u get any approval after contacting ur congressman????? M asking coz i am also planning to contact my congressman

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you check the OP's timeline, you will see he got approved on 1/21. So yes, it did work.

The report from his Congress Member that his file got assigned to an adjudicator means that an adjudicator picked up the box that his file was in and had it on his desk. It is a good sign and it means that his file was to be worked on shortly, and as we can see, it was.

So folks, keep those Congressionals coming. They do work, as it worked here for the OP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have tried getting a service request multiple times but they keep telling me that they cant issue me one since the computer wont allow it, the computer says they are woking on 24th july applications, Any ideas on how i can convince them to issue me a service request .....i have passed my 6 month waiting period :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have tried getting a service request multiple times but they keep telling me that they cant issue me one since the computer wont allow it, the computer says they are woking on 24th july applications, Any ideas on how i can convince them to issue me a service request .....i have passed my 6 month waiting period :(

Ask for your call to be elevated to the second level. First level people are just robots. They are told to not do certain things on the computer, and whether they actually work or not, they will tell you that it does not work.

Second level people have a lot more authority and discretion.

And by all means report this matter to your Congress Member ASAP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Contacting your congressmen is never a bad idea. Just do it. If anything, it will make you feel better about yourself that you are doing SOMETHING to possibly help yourself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have asked to talk to a tier 2 and also a supervisor and they both said they cannot put in a service request. I have done this 3 times in past 1 week. They keep saying our computer wont allow us and what not ! I am going to wait till Friday, If i do not hear anything I will be contacting the congressman on monday. 50% of the august filers have already been approved, i do not understand what the delay is all about, this whole process can get so upsetting so quick :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.