Related:

Kitsap Co. briefing on Port Orchard shooting

WalMart shooting: Witness statements to KING 5 News

Gallery

SEE ALL 3 PHOTOS »

Shots fired at Port Orchard Walmart

Map data ©2011 - Terms of Use

VIEW LARGER MAP

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. – Two people are dead and two Kitsap County Deputies were wounded in a shooting at a Walmart in Port Orchard.

The incident began at about 3:45 p.m. Sunday at the store on Bethel Road Southeast.

Kitsap County Deputy Sheriff Scott Wilson said three deputies had responded to a call about a suspicious person at the Walmart.

Wilson said when deputies tried to contact the man, he ran away.

"As he was running away he turned around and fired at the deputies," said Wilson. "Deputies returned fire."

Wilson said a young woman was shot and died at the hospital. It's unknown if she was a bystander or connected to the suspect in some way.

The deputies were taken to Tacoma General Hospital.

Mark Fulghum of Tacoma Police, speaking on behalf of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office, said both deputies are in satisfactory condition. He said he believes they were both shot in the torso.

"They're going to be kept overnight for observation," said Fulghum.

Witness Zach Mendiola said he was coming out of a nearby Wendy's when he heard nine shots.

He said he saw that the windows of a police car were shot up.

"The whole window was shot up and cracked and all broken up," he said.

Mendiola said police and Walmart security were on the scene in minutes.

"In the first five minutes there was already 12 police cars there and then ambulances came just as fast," he said. 

A woman who was inside the store said people began running and somebody started screaming that there was a shooting in front of the store and to get down.

"A lot of us ran toward the back of the store and the people that were back there didn't even know what was going on," she said.

The store was locked down for about 20 minutes.

"As soon as we got out you could see there was a lot of police everywhere," she said.

Wilson said no other suspects were involved in the incident. The Washington State Patrol is taking over the investigation.

king5.com

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

NOt sure if all this bashing of wal-mart had anything to do with this tragic shooting but..... this is a good time to tone down the anti-Big Box rhetoric.

It's not that bashing the predatory business practices, or the denigrating of the cheap ####### coming from China (rather than local procurement) to Wal-mart

or the bashing on the -eco damage done by Wal-mart would cause any reasonable person to go over the edge, however, there are unbalanced people hearing this combative talk and they might act out on it.

I have already voiced my concerns to NPR and a few other outlets of this stuff and I hope others will too.

:lol:

wal_mart.jpg

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

this is a good time to tone down the anti-Big Box rhetoric.

LMFAO!

I didn't hear this once on the radio today. Just more of the same old BS.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

NOt sure if all this bashing of wal-mart had anything to do with this tragic shooting but..... this is a good time to tone down the anti-Big Box rhetoric.

It's not that bashing the predatory business practices, or the denigrating of the cheap ####### coming from China (rather than local procurement) to Wal-mart

or the bashing on the -eco damage done by Wal-mart would cause any reasonable person to go over the edge, however, there are unbalanced people hearing this combative talk and they might act out on it.

I have already voiced my concerns to NPR and a few other outlets of this stuff and I hope others will too.

wal_mart.jpg

So next time there is any sort of violence at a Walmart, you'll blame it on the libruls? Dannologic™ at work.

So next time there is any sort of violence at a Walmart, you'll blame it on the libruls? Dannologic™ at work.

I'll blame it on Wal-Mart.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

We can't definitively blame Libs but we should take the opportunity to examine what is being said... and condemn any of the vitriol concerning Big-Box stores, which could influence unstable persons.

While we can't blame Leftists for the actions of some, we must hold them to account for their rhetoric... don't you agree?

William Penn

Timeline

While we can't blame Leftists for the actions of some, we must hold them to account for their rhetoric... don't you agree?

Yes, absolutely! All those references by libs about using violence or 2nd amendment stuff to combat big-box stores they must be held to account for! But please, pray tell, enlighten all of us where and when this happened! I am sure you aren't just making this up! You wouldn't need to do that since you have so much on the libs of actual substance! :no:

Timeline

Yes, absolutely! All those references by libs about using violence or 2nd amendment stuff to combat big-box stores they must be held to account for! But please, pray tell, enlighten all of us where and when this happened! I am sure you aren't just making this up! You wouldn't need to do that since you have so much on the libs of actual substance! :no:

THings like: Wal-mart is destroying communities... cheating their poor workers out of a decent wage while "They" rake in the billions.

Those types of claims can push the unstable into doing something drastic to save the environment... his home town or even make those greedy rich bastards pay.

William Penn

THings like: Wal-mart is destroying communities... cheating their poor workers out of a decent wage while "They" rake in the billions.

Those types of claims can push the unstable into doing something drastic to save the environment... his home town or even make those greedy rich bastards pay.

Or maybe he was just a kidnapping piece of Utah pond scum?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

Now that is really inflammatory! Who knows, they might shop elsewhere, maybe decide against working there as a greeter even! But what really puts this over the top is the comment about rakes! Now they will be buying rakes and going to Walmart to rake there! Better alert the National Guard! And the very worst thing is that maybe they will walk there instead of driving, to save the environment of course, and you never know what that will lead to, maybe a whole mob of walkers! Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We can't definitively blame Libs but we should take the opportunity to examine what is being said... and condemn any of the vitriol concerning Big-Box stores, which could influence unstable persons.

Danno, I know you're trying to be slick here, but you aren't, at all. Hold them accountable Danno? Should they use the tea party method of difusing acrimonious rhetoric? You're not very good at being disingenuous Danno.

I think Danno is awesome at being disingenuous! Encore!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Danno, I know you're trying to be slick here, but you aren't, at all. Hold them accountable Danno? Should they use the tea party method of difusing acrimonious rhetoric? You're not very good at being disingenuous Danno.

I think "you" are being disingenuous about me being disingenuous.

William Penn

I thought Danno's initial response was pretty funny, given WalMart had nothing to do with the incident beyond providing a large parking lot for a shoot out.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions: