adams.michelle

If we marry in his country (Morocco) will this change or affect the 129F process

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This process takes so long. We are considering marrying in his country because we want this so very much. If we do this before we hear about our 129 application will it change anything? Will we have to file something different? Will it expedite the process or just complicate the matter?

Yes it will change....it means that you will have to start over with the CR1 Visa, and forget doing this one...your choice. Have you started the K1 visa? If so, and you get married before you get the visa, you have to start all over again, and you loose that money you invested already........K1 is quicker than CR1, by a few months, and you'll get to be with your sweety sooner.....Think about it[/size][/size][/font][/font]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Unfortunately it will null and void the application you have already filed as the I129F is for a fiancee not a wife. If you go ahead and marry you'll have to terminate your current application and start from scratch with a CR1 visa. It will be a waste of the fees you have paid to date and the time you have waited as you'll be moving back to square one. Hang in there, its long and it drags but its so worth it in the end :D

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This process takes so long. We are considering marrying in his country because we want this so very much. If we do this before we hear about our 129 application will it change anything? Will we have to file something different? Will it expedite the process or just complicate the matter?

I'm not sure how long the proces takes and from what I have learned from this site everyones experience is different.(even deifferent from country to country) I do know that if you have filled the k-1 already and then get married you will have to start over and you do NOT get your money back... We filed the k-1 and it was sent back for further review.... We were then told our case was closed because the dates expired and we were free to file again.... Now we are going to marry in Morocco and file for the cr-1.... In my opionion we should have done it this way in the first place and had we done so he would be here by now.....I filed our k-1 in dec of 2009..... Morocco is very difficult :wacko:

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure how long the proces takes and from what I have learned from this site everyones experience is different.(even deifferent from country to country) I do know that if you have filled the k-1 already and then get married you will have to start over and you do NOT get your money back... We filed the k-1 and it was sent back for further review.... We were then told our case was closed because the dates expired and we were free to file again.... Now we are going to marry in Morocco and file for the cr-1.... In my opionion we should have done it this way in the first place and had we done so he would be here by now.....I filed our k-1 in dec of 2009..... Morocco is very difficult :wacko:

can you explain more the dates expiring. did the dates of you papers expire because it took uscis too long to approve? What dates are you referencing. thank you for the information.

Timeline

can you explain more the dates expiring. did the dates of you papers expire because it took uscis too long to approve? What dates are you referencing. thank you for the information.

I wish I could explain... But the truth is I don't really understand it myself.... He had his interview April 27th... Our petition arrived back in the states July 12th.... I received a letter in September wich stated our case had been closed because the dates expired.....I'm sorry I wish I could be a little more informative.... My personal opinion is the CR-1 is better.... And the time frame seems to vary from case to case for both the K-1 and CR-1

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wish I could explain... But the truth is I don't really understand it myself.... He had his interview April 27th... Our petition arrived back in the states July 12th.... I received a letter in September wich stated our case had been closed because the dates expired.....I'm sorry I wish I could be a little more informative.... My personal opinion is the CR-1 is better.... And the time frame seems to vary from case to case for both the K-1 and CR-1

Ok, here's how it works.

An approval for an I-129F petition is valid for four months. The reason is so that the consulate isn't forced to hold onto the approved petition indefinitely waiting for the beneficiary to apply for the visa. However, if the consulate knows that the beneficiary is pursuing the visa application then they have the authority to automatically extend the validity of the approved petition, in four month increments. They'll usually do this up to a year, if needed.

Now, when the consulate denies a visa then they send the petition back to USCIS with a recommendation that the approval be revoked. USCIS has two options. They can choose to readjudicate the petition based on the consulate's recommendations, or they can choose not to readjudicate it and simply allow it to expire on it's own.

In your case, the service center chose not to readjudicate the petition, and they just let it expire.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Ok, here's how it works.

An approval for an I-129F petition is valid for four months. The reason is so that the consulate isn't forced to hold onto the approved petition indefinitely waiting for the beneficiary to apply for the visa. However, if the consulate knows that the beneficiary is pursuing the visa application then they have the authority to automatically extend the validity of the approved petition, in four month increments. They'll usually do this up to a year, if needed.

Now, when the consulate denies a visa then they send the petition back to USCIS with a recommendation that the approval be revoked. USCIS has two options. They can choose to readjudicate the petition based on the consulate's recommendations, or they can choose not to readjudicate it and simply allow it to expire on it's own.

In your case, the service center chose not to readjudicate the petition, and they just let it expire.

Thanks for the info :star: I think in our case we should have applied for the CR-1 to begin with...

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.