tmma

Foreign Transaction Fees On Credit Cards

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Does anyone remember this?

A couple of years ago the major credit card companies lost a class action lawsuit regarding foreign transaction fees charged to consumers who used their credit cards in foreign countries. I and millions of other folks who had foreign transactions on our credit cards and who were charged this fee were sent a claim form you could complete online and either settle for the standard $25.00 refund or wait for a larger return based on the time you spent abroad.

I completed the form and documented the 100s of foreign transactions on my CC in the years that were charged a fee...I was due to more than the 25.00 but I opted for the quick settlement.

This morning ( I have no idea why) I remembered this and was wondering if anyone else got their settlement. There was a thread here on VJ about it ( 3 years or so ago).

Anyone remember?

I have no idea why, but it's bugging me that I can't ever remember getting either a settlelent or whatever.....I hate loose ends....and I can't find the printout I made of the claim thing.

Does anyone remember this from about 3 years ago?

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

thanks Charles :) That's the one.

also found this there- and answers my question....

QUOTE (flames9 @ Dec 17 2007, 01:55 PM) Reading the form awhile back it states payment could still be awhile, especially if the credit card companies appeal.

Indeed....I'm not waiting by the mailbox. From the website...

"Refunds will be paid after the Court finally approves the settlement, and approves any award of attorneys' fees, awards to the class representatives, and allocation of the settlement fund among Settlement Damages Class members, and any appeals related to that approval are resolved. It is possible that this could take several months, or, if appeals are filed, several years."

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

yes, I remember and I think I started a thread just like this one about a year ago. :lol:

:lol: lol.

I'm always around a year behind everyone else! :huh:

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---