ThreeC

How many days does it take?

6 posts in this topic

I have to submit my ROC by May 21, 2011 since I had my GC approved on August 19, 2009. Iam just wondering how many days does it usually take before your ROC be processed (say there wouldnt be any problem at all) ? And what are the processes anyway? Sorry for my ignorance.

We plan to go to the Phils. on June 2011 due to some important family occassions and I dont know if it I can do that :(

Thanks.

Edited by ThreeC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once you file the I-751, a week or so later you will receive an extension letter, extending green-card for a year past it's expiration. You will carry this letter and the expired green-card when traveling abroad.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

YuandDan is 100% correct. We mailed our ROC package on January 5 and we got our notice of receipt with one year extension. Have a great trip to Philippines.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

THanks for your immediate replies :)

Do I still have to go through another biometrics or non at all?

And do you think it'll be safe to purchase a ticket by Feb and submit my I-751 by May since purchasing a ticket almost on the date that you'll be flying is very expensive?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can submit your ROC application during the 90 day window of time before you green card expires, not necessarily on the 90th day before the green card expires. When you send it off (use a way to track the delivery as well), you will receive the NOA1 - notice of receipt in about a week to 10 days (usually) and shortly afterwards should receive a biometrics appointment as well. The biometrics is usually scheduled about a month to 6 weeks after you submit the I-751. So, if you are submitting the application on May 21 and then planing on leaving in June you're cutting it pretty close and it is unlikely you would get the biometrics actually scheduled and completed before you left unless you were leaving the absolute last week of June, and even then you would be cutting it close.

How long are you intending to be in the Philippines? If you will be back at least 2 weeks before the green card expires (early August), you can have all of the application prepared before you go, and then when you return you can send the application off. It has to be received before the green card expires on August 19th so it is good to allow about 2 weeks prior to August 19 to send off the petition in case there is some sort of problem and it gets sent back to you (forgot a signature, etc.) you can still send it back by return mail before the deadline.

So, if you haven't yet purchased the tickets, purchase them to leave in June and return no later than the first week of August at the latest and make sure you have all of the petition attachments ready to go before your trip. That way, you just need to check it over and send it off when you return, and you won't have to worry about missing the biometrics appointment.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thanks you Kathryn for a very helpful info . I will probably do your suggestion.

We plan to go to the Phils. on the 1st or 2nd week of June (last day of school) and Go back before the end of June.

I just have to make sure that everything will be prepared and ready for mailing once we get back. . . . (nervous)

Regards.

Edited by ThreeC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.