Womblina1

Help needed please, RFE in Dec 2010 still not received hard copy

7 posts in this topic

On Dec 2nd 2010, a RFE for my daughter was issued but we have still not had anything in the mail. My husband (petitioner) has called California several times to state this and request another one to be sent, he also found out it is her birthday certificate which is needed, which is fine we have it ready to send. Apart from an email 2 weeks ago stating they would send another out, we have been unable to get any answers on what the problem is. The petitioner has not moved and he has received my NOA 2 to the same address. What should I do? I feel so helpless because they will not speak with me as I am not the petitioner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you have the missing document ready to send why are you waiting for the hard copy of the RFE? I'd say go ahead and send it and quote her receipt number.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I was in the exact same situation. I called USCIS in dec. because i could not see my case on the website(my case status) so they told me a letter is on the way(rfe letter)and if i don't get it in 2 weeks to call again. Called again, and they told me the letter went back as undeliverable. She told me she will resend it.I don't understand what happened because i got my first NOA, so obviously they had the right address. Someone here told me to put my name on the mail box, so i did. A week later i get the letter, and i noticed that the apt no was 3 instead of 303, so thanks to the mail man who saw my name on the mail box i was able to recieve it. Then i went for biometrics, and there i noticed that they had the wrong address, so i told the lady to correct it....what happened was that there was no more space in the box for the 03...so they just put 3.... :wow:

If i were you i would call and when you do tell them you already talked to someone, a supervisor and you forgot to ask one more question, they will put you through a spervisor and they actually can see everything about your case...

The people who answer the phones at uscis are only reading off a tele promter, they don't actually know much about your case...trust me on this one as i have called like 20 times, but thank god i did, otherwise i would be still waiting for my RFE.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

If you have the missing document ready to send why are you waiting for the hard copy of the RFE? I'd say go ahead and send it and quote her receipt number.

You have to wait for the hard copy, and together with the FRe letter you send in the evidence they are requesting. If you send it separate or without actually getting the REF letter chances are it will let lost.

When i got my RFE..it actually said to submit the evidence with the RFE letter. So they have to go together.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

On Dec 2nd 2010, a RFE for my daughter was issued but we have still not had anything in the mail. My husband (petitioner) has called California several times to state this and request another one to be sent, he also found out it is her birthday certificate which is needed, which is fine we have it ready to send. Apart from an email 2 weeks ago stating they would send another out, we have been unable to get any answers on what the problem is. The petitioner has not moved and he has received my NOA 2 to the same address. What should I do? I feel so helpless because they will not speak with me as I am not the petitioner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Check to make sure the childs name is in your mail box & on an address card at your post office. My daughters docs were returned because of this mistake.

Sending in the RFE document without the required letter from USCIS could result in a time delay. I would want until you get the RFE.

The USC could ame an INFO PASS appointment to clear this up. We did that & when we did they discovered the documents had been sent back several times. They suggested we check with USPS.

Mrs O, thanks for this, I was unsure whether to do this, as other threads state you need the form to prove what they have asked for, but what the hell, it is worth a try

Check to make sure the childs name is in your mail box & on an address card at your post office. My daughters docs were returned because of this mistake.

Sending in the RFE document without the required letter from USCIS could result in a time delay. I would want until you get the RFE.

The USC could ame an INFO PASS appointment to clear this up. We did that & when we did they discovered the documents had been sent back several times. They suggested we check with USPS.

Would it be addressed to my daughter or to my husband, very confused!! there is obviously an issue somewhere!

I was in the exact same situation. I called USCIS in dec. because i could not see my case on the website(my case status) so they told me a letter is on the way(rfe letter)and if i don't get it in 2 weeks to call again. Called again, and they told me the letter went back as undeliverable. She told me she will resend it.I don't understand what happened because i got my first NOA, so obviously they had the right address. Someone here told me to put my name on the mail box, so i did. A week later i get the letter, and i noticed that the apt no was 3 instead of 303, so thanks to the mail man who saw my name on the mail box i was able to recieve it. Then i went for biometrics, and there i noticed that they had the wrong address, so i told the lady to correct it....what happened was that there was no more space in the box for the 03...so they just put 3.... :wow:

If i were you i would call and when you do tell them you already talked to someone, a supervisor and you forgot to ask one more question, they will put you through a spervisor and they actually can see everything about your case...

The people who answer the phones at uscis are only reading off a tele promter, they don't actually know much about your case...trust me on this one as i have called like 20 times, but thank god i did, otherwise i would be still waiting for my RFE.

Good luck!

I would call everyday, all day, if they would speak to me, but they say only the petitioner and he is quite busy at work most of the time, he has called but doesn't have the same fire in belly as me :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.