rsd

Example CR-1 Statements?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My wife is telling me I need to get signed statements from people that know us in England that we are actually married and not scamming the system.

Is there anyone excluded from providing this? i.e; Family. Also is there any particular format for the statement.

Cheers.

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I dont believe so however keep in mind that I've been wrong before. I had my mom write something out Along the same lines. Basically, I so and so became aware of my sons relationship with so and so on December 25th 2007. We were having Christmas dinner and my son invited her over. They have since gotten married and blah blah blah, how she feels about it. Had her get it notarized too. I havent submitted my i130 yet but I believe it just has to say when and how they became aware of the courtship and when and how they became aware of the marriage. I would think they should stick to the point about it.

It is just an affidavit. On the I-130 it tells you what information is needed on it. You can use these if you are short on evidence. Have you even filed yet or just getting ready? You would include these affidavits with the original submission for the I-130.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Hi I'm the wifey in this question. We haven't filed yet, just getting all our documents together. We lived together for 3 years in the UK before I moved back to the States in order to establish residency/get a job with verifiable income & benefits.

So, If we've got bills addressed to us both (council tax, water, energy) and signed leases with both our names, will that be sufficient, or should he get his mom and a friend of his who know us both to sign something as well?

The affidavits arent necessarily needed. You would use the evidence you have along with the marriage certificate as primary evidence along with pictures together. Why didnt you DCF in the UK? You could have established the domicile stuff after filing. It probably would be faster if you met the requirements to DCF.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

The affidavits arent necessarily needed. You would use the evidence you have along with the marriage certificate as primary evidence along with pictures together. Why didnt you DCF in the UK? You could have established the domicile stuff after filing. It probably would be faster if you met the requirements to DCF.

We don't have many photos together. Usually one of us was behind the camera! We also didn't have a big wedding; just went to register's office and grabbed a couple guys who worked there to be witnesses.

We didn't DCF because we realized we just weren't saving any money at all & so he moved back in with his parents to cut expenses, and there wasn't enough room for me there (in addition to my being amazingly allergic to the cats that live there) and that we'll be better off financially if I went over 1st while he continued to work and save while he was there

Also, with the economic climate the way it is the the US, we didn't know how long it would take for me to find a job with benefits, and then there's the wait for benefits to kick in. He's got a couple of conditions (nothing that will keep him out of the country) that are cheap and easy to treat on the NHS, but they do need constant treatment. I've got a job with benefits now, so when he comes over, he'll have health insurance the 1st day he gets here & that's important to us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Am at NVC stage now, and so far we have not been

Require for sign letters of people who know us.

Photos, mails,letters, gifts and tickets receipt,

money orders transfer, bank account,Things/

properties you both own are also enough proves I

Believe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.