25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh!! This just came to me too - the TB test is only valid for six months.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to have another one of those.....

And, not to be pessimistic or anything (cause you know I'm routing for you Dave) but we had an approved expedite and STILL Montreal managed to d**k around with my resubmitted paperwork for 8 weeks. Just prepare for the worst so if you get quicker results you'll be excited instead of having your hopes up too high and getting frustrated/depressed.

Filed: Timeline

Hate to dash your optimistic thoughts, but the VISA apparently wasn't approved... or you would be here. Now you will be again dealing with the consulate staff after USCIS shuffles your paperwork back to them. No telling how long it will take for it to get back from Vermont. I cannot understand why they don't electronically transmit this stuff.

If the medical and police certificate are older than a year... its pretty common practice for them to request new ones. If it were me, although the medical is over $100 bucks, I would probably go ahead and do that to instead of waiting for them to ask for it.

Brokenfamily, thanks for the info. I will go ahead and do the medical. If my Visa was NOT approved was I lied to, or, was the I-601 an after thought? This is where I am confused. Is there somewhere that says something about a visa not being approved until the completion of an I-601 waiver?

My optimistic thoughts are not dashed and I am just fine, but somewhat confused. :)

Oh!! This just came to me too - the TB test is only valid for six months.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to have another one of those.....

And, not to be pessimistic or anything (cause you know I'm routing for you Dave) but we had an approved expedite and STILL Montreal managed to d**k around with my resubmitted paperwork for 8 weeks. Just prepare for the worst so if you get quicker results you'll be excited instead of having your hopes up too high and getting frustrated/depressed.

Sweet,

Wow, glad you mentioned that about the TB test. Sorry but I can not prepare myself for the worst, people will ask me if I am sick....LOL.....The important thing was the 601 being approved. I can deal with some drama and (*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^ :)

Thanks again

If you have an approved i601 waiver Davey, Im almost positive (cant think why it wouldnt be) your visa is ready to be processed now.

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

If you have an approved i601 waiver Davey, Im almost positive (cant think why it wouldnt be) your visa is ready to be processed now.

I am thinking the same since my Visa was approved in December of last year, and my Passport was sent in to be stamped, then in February I was requested to file the I-601 which is now approved. One would think that after this amount of time the Visa paperwork would be complete or it would have been completed last December so hopefully the Passport just needs to be stamped and the documents sent to me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Brokenfamily, thanks for the info. I will go ahead and do the medical. If my Visa was NOT approved was I lied to, or, was the I-601 an after thought? This is where I am confused. Is there somewhere that says something about a visa not being approved until the completion of an I-601 waiver?

My optimistic thoughts are not dashed and I am just fine, but somewhat confused. :)

It is comnfusing, because you went to the interview, it seemed to go well BUT... you were inadmissable. Legally even if the consular thought you were swell and nice guy, he did some more checking and someone determined you were not eligible to receive a VISA, but you were eligible for a WAIVER of that inadmissability because you have a qualifying relative in the US, who I believe if I recall correctly is your spouse.

Since your VISA processing was interupted by the need for the waiver process, basically your paperwork from USCIS goes back to the Embassy and they "re-do" it. They go through the exact same procedure they would have if this was the first time they saw your paperwork. They may ask for another tax return, updated affadavit of support etc. Everything you initially needed for your interview is now going to be assembled and verified and then you will be getting an immigrant VISA. So my advice would be check with the Embassy, or go on the website and see what the requirements are. They may have changed slightly so find out now so there are no glitches.

I am so glad this worked out for you and I hope the rest of the "journey" involves no more detours.

Edited by brokenfamily

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Much Congratulations. Hopefully this year will be a good one for hubby and I as well.

Summer 2007: Hubby and I met.

January 2008: Engaged.

May 22,2008: Hubby and I got married!

August 2008: I-130 filed.

January 2010: Our son was born.

May 2010: Interview at US Embassy in Barbados. Visa Denied! Eligible for I-601 waiver. Couldn't get a joint sponsor so we had to wait until 2011 when my income tax return documents would reflect my full income.

Feb22,2011: Embassy Received Tax Docs and New AOS!

Feb28,2011: I-601Waiver App Package sent to USCIS Santo Domingo via airmail.

Mar28,2011: USCIS Santo Domingo received Waiver Package.

Jun13,2011: Waiver Approved!

June24,2011:Embassy requested that medical police cert and other docs be updated and sent to schedule final interview for visa! *crosses fingers*

FINAL INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPT. 1ST @ 7:30AM

Hope and Pray!

as1cCua0g410410MDAwNjQzOGx8MjY0c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvci4uLg.gif

event.png

Yesterday I received approval for my I-601 Waiver. I wish to thank all the VJ'ers who assisted me throughout this lengthly process. We filed our I-130 3 years and 2 months ago, were approved in December 2009. Subsequently in February of 2010 an I-601 Waiver request was issued to me. The Waiver took 8 months to approve.

Could someone tell me how long it has taken them to get their Passort returned to them Visa stamped, and if it was by courier?

Thanks so much folks.

Stay positive!

Dave

Hello sir

I am still waiting since last 15 nov,2011.I dont know how long takes time.

JIGISHA

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I received approval for my I-601 Waiver. I wish to thank all the VJ'ers who assisted me throughout this lengthly process. We filed our I-130 3 years and 2 months ago, were approved in December 2009. Subsequently in February of 2010 an I-601 Waiver request was issued to me. The Waiver took 8 months to approve.

Could someone tell me how long it has taken them to get their Passort returned to them Visa stamped, and if it was by courier?

Thanks so much folks.

Stay positive!

Dave

I think take 5 month after aproved i601

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.