A&M=L

What happens if you cloes a I-129F petition with USCIS

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody, its been a while.

So a lil backround info to my case.

My boyfriend and I got engaged and filed for I-129F. In Dec we got an RFE, but by the time we got the RFE him and I split, so wie decided (better he), not to sent in the futher evidence. We sent in a letter saying we want to close our petition.

On the USCIS update it says now RFE reponse review. My question is how do I know the case has been closed, will we get a letter or anything, or will they just leave it the way it is?

And what would happen if the deny the petition just hypercatically?

Can I visit agian on VWP or do I have to obtain a visa?

Im thinking about going to visit my hostmom ind friend in Jersey April this year, can I do that or should I refrain from it? I still have a valid ESTA for Visa free tarvel.

Any productive advise would be highly appriciated

Thank u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe if you do nothing, your application eventually expires, and that is the end of that. You can also send a letter requesting to withdraw your application and close your case.

It seems to me you should still be free to visit with the VWP tourist visa at any time in the same way you have in the past - maybe bring some proof of ties to home, which is something that can be requested any time you come.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

I believe if you do nothing, your application eventually expires, and that is the end of that. You can also send a letter requesting to withdraw your application and close your case.

It seems to me you should still be free to visit with the VWP tourist visa at any time in the same way you have in the past - maybe bring some proof of ties to home, which is something that can be requested any time you come.

Well thee petition just expires after it got approved. Its a different thing iff it got denied. We sent in a letter of withdraw, but Im not sure if that ltter ever made it.

Well I guess all I can do is wait an see.

Thanks for ur reply

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well thee petition just expires after it got approved. Its a different thing iff it got denied. We sent in a letter of withdraw, but Im not sure if that ltter ever made it.

Well I guess all I can do is wait an see.

Thanks for ur reply

If you didn't send a response to the RFE, and only sent the withdrawal letter instead, and your online case status shows "RFE Response Review", then I think it's safe to conclude they got the letter.

The petitioner will usually eventually get a notice of action saying the petition was withdrawn. It won't have any automatic effect on your ability to visit the US using the Visa Waiver Program. However, a CBP officer is free to conclude that you still intend to immigrate. Some people withdraw an I-129F petition after they discover they can marry in the US and file for adjustment of status. If the CBP officer thinks you're one of those people then they'll deny you entry, revoke your ESTA privilege, and tell you to get a B2 visa to visit the US in the future.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

If you didn't send a response to the RFE, and only sent the withdrawal letter instead, and your online case status shows "RFE Response Review", then I think it's safe to conclude they got the letter.

The petitioner will usually eventually get a notice of action saying the petition was withdrawn. It won't have any automatic effect on your ability to visit the US using the Visa Waiver Program. However, a CBP officer is free to conclude that you still intend to immigrate. Some people withdraw an I-129F petition after they discover they can marry in the US and file for adjustment of status. If the CBP officer thinks you're one of those people then they'll deny you entry, revoke your ESTA privilege, and tell you to get a B2 visa to visit the US in the future.

I know that its all up to the CBP officer. When I fly,Í will bring tons of binding ties. I just want to visit my friends´over there for like 2 weeks.

I don´t want to give up the ppl I met there just because him and I didn´t work out, even though it makes me really sad.

But what would happen if they deny the petition? I just want to know how things will be than just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.