one...two...tree

High capacity magazine in rampage was banned under Clinton-era law

207 posts in this topic

Look, if you want a real argument, don't make these straw man fallacies. People's lives were saved because some brave people were able to wrestle the shooter when he ran out of bullets. He wouldn't have been able to fire off 31 rounds without using a high capacity magazine. I know the mere thought of a gun law that bans such high capacity magazines makes gun freaks have chills up and down their spines, but the logic is right there. There is no reasonable argument as to why anyone would need such a high capacity magazine except out of convenience. A little inconvenience to limit the amount of potential lethality these kinds of mass shootings can cause.

The criminal in the Virginia Tech shooting had 15 round and 10 round magazines yet shot 371 rounds.

Still wanna go with this one, straw man?

I know we have the 2nd amendment, whatever that vaguely worded sentence actually means. I wish we did not all have to worship at the altar of gun rights to the point of having to pay in the blood of innocents so that gun-owners will not have the slightest inconvenience whenever they feel the need to get off by squeezing out 31 rounds without pausing a few seconds to reload!

Why don't we just outlaw murder?

Are you guys honestly sitting here trying to convince the rest of us that making something more illegal will stop it from happening in the future?

Machine guns for everyone!

Huzzah!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not about convenience, it's about efficiency.

When those ChiCom bastards invade, do you want the weapons in the hands of the American resistance to fire off 1 round every hour or something? What the hell is wrong with you? I know this is tough but do try to keep some perspective on what this issue is really all about. Think of those evil ChiComs and what they'll do to your wife and baby!

Perhaps an illustration will sufficiently provoke your patriotic fervor, if plain logic does not.

chinese_soldier_mao.jpg

You really are serious???!!!

Magazine capacity has ZERO to do with lethality. Ask the families of casualties 1-47 at Virginia Tech and/or any number of persons killed by revolvers, single shot weapons, knives, cars, poison, etc.

Stairs and swimming pools are pretty lethal in this country. Perhaps we should ban them as well?

How about fast food and smoking?

I know, we should ban reality TV since everyone is overweight! Mandatory stretching and workout programs for those of us who work and pay taxes (since nobody else will actually do them.)

Lethality? HA!

Apathy is lethal.

I'm a firm believer in having an armed citizenry in possession of such things.

I don't know them. But what I don't understand is why you feel the "empathy" for 12 OTHER people you don't know as if they're somehow as important as the first six people you don't know either.

Of all the stupid arguments that people use, the 'guns are only as lethal as common household items everyone has access to' is the most stupid. Guns are designed for a specific purpose, they are extremely efficient and modern guns require little skill to operate in such a manner as to achieve maximum mayhem. If the gunman had been armed with a hammer, I'm betting no one from the incident would be dead today, bruised possibly but dead? Not a chance. How absolutely ignorant to suggest that because people are accidentaly harmed in all kinds of ways that is in any way equivalent or useful in an argument concerning the necessity or not to limit the availability of guns and other weaponry to the general public.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

man?

Why don't we just outlaw murder?

Are you guys honestly sitting here trying to convince the rest of us that making something more illegal will stop it from happening in the future?

So what you are saying is maybe even nukes are OK to be privately owned. After all, making them illegal doesn't stop them from being used!!

It's not about convenience, it's about efficiency.

When those ChiCom bastards invade, do you want the weapons in the hands of the American resistance to fire off 1 round every hour or something? What the hell is wrong with you? I know this is tough but do try to keep some perspective on what this issue is really all about. Think of those evil ChiComs and what they'll do to your wife and baby!

Perhaps an illustration will sufficiently provoke your patriotic fervor, if plain logic does not.

chinese_soldier_mao.jpg

I'm feeling warm and fuzzy now - I have my order for a pink machine gun ready for processing. Can I have pink bullets too? (I'm fully expecting Charles to inform me that machine guns do not use 'bullets' )

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

So what you are saying is maybe even nukes are OK to be privately owned. After all, making them illegal doesn't stop them from being used!!

When the ChiComs have overwhelmed our forces and turned the White House into a cheap bastardization of the Forbidden City, you'll wish we had put nukes in private hands.

But of course, your role here is to clear the way for the ChiCom invasion. You're not fooling anyone.

Timeline

When the ChiComs have overwhelmed our forces and turned the White House into a cheap bastardization of the Forbidden City, you'll wish we had put nukes in private hands.

But of course, your role here is to clear the way for the ChiCom invasion. You're not fooling anyone.

Help, my cover is blown! How did you find out? Let the invasion begin! Start the air-drop of Chairman Mao's manuals.

Filed: Timeline

Help, my cover is blown! How did you find out? Let the invasion begin! Start the air-drop of Chairman Mao's manuals.

:lol: It's too soon. Your attempt at humor is cute but ultimately in vain. You will no doubt continue as you are, sowing the seeds of doubt among Americans all over the Internet. Rest assured, however... you will not win. In the end, we will PWN you.

I'm feeling warm and fuzzy now - I have my order for a pink machine gun ready for processing. Can I have pink bullets too? (I'm fully expecting Charles to inform me that machine guns do not use 'bullets' )

Whos gonna teach you to shoot it? A refugee from a country you feel sorry for? Fuckin CLASSIC!

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

:lol: It's too soon. Your attempt at humor is cute but ultimately in vain. You will no doubt continue as you are, sowing the seeds of doubt among Americans all over the Internet. Rest assured, however... you will not win. In the end, we will PWN you.

OMG No!! Water-board me if you must but pleeeease, don't PWN (gasp) me!! :rofl:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The criminal in the Virginia Tech shooting had 15 round and 10 round magazines yet shot 371 rounds.

Do you understand how to argue? Four brave people saved the lives of others because the shooter ran out of bullets and was trying to reload when they stopped him. Just because he didn't go commando style doesn't negate the fact that his high capacity magazine allowed for him to fire off 31 rounds while standing in a crowd, killing 6 people and injuring 12, without any resistance.

Now try and give a real argument on how he still would have been able to fire off 31 rounds into a crowd if he had to reload a few times to do it.

Edited by 8TBVBN