Kimo3

Evidence... your opinion plz.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whether to front load the petition depends on the Embassy; it's country specific requirements. Since they are posting in the General K-1 forum, they will get the normal or general answer. If they were to post in their regional forum, they may get a different answer. To not know about your country-specific requirements is not being very prepared.

Well, that's why I'm asking on this forum. Yes, I am not prepared, that's why I came here. Thanks for the advice about going to the country specific forum. I will ask the same question in the Philippines forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Guess I'll get busy writing emails to her just to be safe. I've made sure that we're both comfortable with the type of questions they will ask her at the interview.

I will also see if I can pull up the phone records from my cell phone company that show I called that calling card number and see if the calling card company keeps track (records) of the number I dialed from their service.

I doubt very seriously I can (or anybody could) afford to direct dial their fiancee in Thailand EVERY day. That bill would astronomical!

I will also remember to keep ALL receipts when I return in February and take plenty of face shots of the two of us together as well as with her family (didn't think of that the first time) to show that this is serious for the both of us.

Thank you for all the advice, warnings and encouragement. Hopefully the first step comes soon with the NOA-2 from CSC. I'm ready to move forward with our life together.

Filed I-129F CSC ~~~~~ 3 August 2010

NOA-1 Received ~~.~~~ 6 August 2010

Called CSC @ 5 mo mk ~ 6 January 2011

**CSC added 21 days to normal processing period***

Service Call ~~~~.~~~~ 27 January 2011

NOA-2 APPROVED! ~~ 27 January 2011

NVC Received ~~~~~~~ 1 February 2011

Embassy Received ~.~~ 8 February 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Guess I'll get busy writing emails to her just to be safe. I've made sure that we're both comfortable with the type of questions they will ask her at the interview.

I will also see if I can pull up the phone records from my cell phone company that show I called that calling card number and see if the calling card company keeps track (records) of the number I dialed from their service.

I doubt very seriously I can (or anybody could) afford to direct dial their fiancee in Thailand EVERY day. That bill would astronomical!

I will also remember to keep ALL receipts when I return in February and take plenty of face shots of the two of us together as well as with her family (didn't think of that the first time) to show that this is serious for the both of us.

Thank you for all the advice, warnings and encouragement. Hopefully the first step comes soon with the NOA-2 from CSC. I'm ready to move forward with our life together.

No need for direct dial to Thailand. Some other options:

• Send her a Magic Jack and call her for the price of calling a U.S. #
  • Buy an international plan from Skype (in the teens per month, I think) and get Skype-to-go (no extra charge) which lets you call her from any phone
  • Find some other VoIP service

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Would calling cards, that offer a printable on-line call log work? I used one calling card which offered an online log, and when it came time to use this as proof, I printed the online log, which showed the date, the number I called, and the duration of the calls. Just an idea....

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I will check into all of the above! Thanks!

*On the phone with her right now!* :)

Filed I-129F CSC ~~~~~ 3 August 2010

NOA-1 Received ~~.~~~ 6 August 2010

Called CSC @ 5 mo mk ~ 6 January 2011

**CSC added 21 days to normal processing period***

Service Call ~~~~.~~~~ 27 January 2011

NOA-2 APPROVED! ~~ 27 January 2011

NVC Received ~~~~~~~ 1 February 2011

Embassy Received ~.~~ 8 February 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.