militarygf

what comes after the hard copy of NOA1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was so happy to hear from my man that he had received the hard copy of our NOA1 today. Upon checking the dates however, the package reflected that it reached his military installation on Dec. 9, 2010; received in his unit on Dec. 30, 2010; and reached his mailbox today. We have been worrying over the hard copy for weeks, and it was sitting prettily in his base all along! :crying:

Given the number of days that a package or letter can get delayed in military installations (whoo! not only do we have to fret over USCIS processing times but military package rerouting as well :whistle: ), may I ask if there is a certain grace period asked when a petition is RFEd or sent the NOA2? I understand that you have to mail immediately the requirements asked for RFE, but what about for NOA2,does USCIS expect a response/ action from the petitioner? Is the petition considered "abandoned" and will there be repercussions if after a number of days or weeks, there is no reply nor action from petitioner?

Lastly, may I ask what is our next step? What documents and other requirements will we need next assuming we don't get a RFE (and I pray fervently that we don't!)? It may be premature, yes, but given the sched of soldiers in active duty, we deem it best to prepare and arm for the "next battle". Pun intended, of course. LOL. :rofl:

thanks again for all the help!

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Lately 5-6 months later comes NOA-2 (Approval)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Lately 5-6 months later comes NOA-2 (Approval)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Thanks for the link YuandDan :thumbs: Do people in the military need to submit additional documents, not included in the list? Would anyone have a knowledge what happens if they are in classified, and superiors will not extend a certificate of employment? This may not be our case, but fiance hasn't talked to the higher ups yet (frankly, i dont even understand who is considered as classified) but he mentioned that there is a possibility that no certificates of such nature may be issued to them. Are there other supporting documents that we may submit in lieu of the above?

I'll be so thankful to other military fiancees who may share experiences and advise. :help:

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the link YuandDan :thumbs: Do people in the military need to submit additional documents, not included in the list? Would anyone have a knowledge what happens if they are in classified, and superiors will not extend a certificate of employment? This may not be our case, but fiance hasn't talked to the higher ups yet (frankly, i dont even understand who is considered as classified) but he mentioned that there is a possibility that no certificates of such nature may be issued to them. Are there other supporting documents that we may submit in lieu of the above?

I'll be so thankful to other military fiancees who may share experiences and advise. :help:

A letter of employment is only one thing that is used with the I-134 needed at interview time to establish ongoing income, it is NOT a requirement.

Not sure if military issues anything as to how long an enlistment period will last.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

as i know off nothing so far, not even recommendation letter from their command officer, not sure though someone can correct me please?

but yeah as far as our case looks like even those wont do or convince them to speed up your petition. for us the immigration officer even said that since my fiance has a high security clearance the more they being thorough with his and even mine background check. oh wellwhistling.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All you need are the LES statements(we sent the past 8 statements in) and tax transcripts or if your using tax document copies get the W2s that go with them from the mypay. You don't need an employment letter.

The only expedite possible is active duty being deployed within a couple of months to an active combat zone.

Just wait for the NOA2 for now!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

A letter of employment is only one thing that is used with the I-134 needed at interview time to establish ongoing income, it is NOT a requirement.

Not sure if military issues anything as to how long an enlistment period will last.

Thank you for the correction! Being a requirement only will give us other options IF they really don't have a form. :blush:

as i know off nothing so far, not even recommendation letter from their command officer, not sure though someone can correct me please?

but yeah as far as our case looks like even those wont do or convince them to speed up your petition. for us the immigration officer even said that since my fiance has a high security clearance the more they being thorough with his and even mine background check. oh wellwhistling.gif

OMFG,more thorough ?!!! I was once sent a link to military thread on here, it did not mention anything of such nature. There was a post however, which sounded funny, but true. It mentioned that since soldiers are taking care of USA and her citizens, they are in a stressful enviornment, they need someone to take care of them as well. LOL. Then again, since we are considered from a high fraud country, consul may be stricter :crying: im kinda new in the forum, but may i send u a friend add on here pls?

All you need are the LES statements(we sent the past 8 statements in) and tax transcripts or if your using tax document copies get the W2s that go with them from the mypay. You don't need an employment letter.

The only expedite possible is active duty being deployed within a couple of months to an active combat zone.

Just wait for the NOA2 for now!

As always Inky, your words are such comfort. I've asked my man to print out and compile his LES. He's only been in the service for a year, including his BCT and AIT, so I asked him to prepare his previous tax documents or transcripts (the past 3 yrs, before he joined the service) as well as his pay stubs in military. A chat with his superiors is a must for other documents, I would think. He hasn't really fully adjusted to his new career. There had been no mention of a deployment soon, thus an expedited process is already out of the question, but I would wish that our case be treated w/o more rigors as Ery stated above.

Good luck to all of us!

Edited by militarygf

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Timeline

sure you can add me. well i have heard that multiple times when i was still in bahrain where i used to deal with military housing, i used to have a friend who dated & married a navy guy that has a high security clearance and went thru alot of approvals being he was able to marry the girl. in my case we didnt thought it woud affect us since my fiance is about to retire in another year but thats what the immigration officer told him.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would agree that there might be a little more thorough with background checks with couples who's USC petitioner has a security clearance. Also have to consider if they have any criminal history that shows up and just how high the clearance is and with what agency. For example, I would venture to say that someone with a High security clearance in the DOD (Department of Defense)/US Military would get scrutinized a lot more than someone in lets say the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) who isn't an agent or in an intel. position.

Since many of the sources USCIS goes to for background checks are used by lots of government agencies who do background checks for their employees, there could be information already about you in the system ERY if he had his clearance updated or renewed. I recently got a clearance a few months back and they would not stop asking about my fiancee once I told them I was engaged to a foreign person. Mainly just asking whats her name, wheres she live, whats she do, how'd you meet, whats her age, whats her phone # etc. So my background check probably has information about my fiancee in it, though since we are both young it didn't take that long to do the investigation and grant the clearance. Also by law, your fiance/e had to let his employer know that he is engaged to a foreign national if he has a high level clearance and they would reinvestigate him, so you are more than likely fine as is. It's something to the effect of "Having contact with a foreign national etc etc". An example would be my parents, who both work in govt. and have high level clearances, had to let their employers know their son (myself) is engaged to a foreign national and go through another background check etc.

In the end, I can't see the USCIS having that big an issue with someone having a clearance if another government agency did a more thorough background check and knew/knows about the persons foreign fiancee (and still gave them said clearance) and has it on file somewhere in the system.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

I would agree that there might be a little more thorough with background checks with couples who's USC petitioner has a security clearance. Also have to consider if they have any criminal history that shows up and just how high the clearance is and with what agency. For example, I would venture to say that someone with a High security clearance in the DOD (Department of Defense)/US Military would get scrutinized a lot more than someone in lets say the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) who isn't an agent or in an intel. position.

Since many of the sources USCIS goes to for background checks are used by lots of government agencies who do background checks for their employees, there could be information already about you in the system ERY if he had his clearance updated or renewed. I recently got a clearance a few months back and they would not stop asking about my fiancee once I told them I was engaged to a foreign person. Mainly just asking whats her name, wheres she live, whats she do, how'd you meet, whats her age, whats her phone # etc. So my background check probably has information about my fiancee in it, though since we are both young it didn't take that long to do the investigation and grant the clearance. Also by law, your fiance/e had to let his employer know that he is engaged to a foreign national if he has a high level clearance and they would reinvestigate him, so you are more than likely fine as is. It's something to the effect of "Having contact with a foreign national etc etc". An example would be my parents, who both work in govt. and have high level clearances, had to let their employers know their son (myself) is engaged to a foreign national and go through another background check etc.

In the end, I can't see the USCIS having that big an issue with someone having a clearance if another government agency did a more thorough background check and knew/knows about the persons foreign fiancee (and still gave them said clearance) and has it on file somewhere in the system.

yeah were hoping that too. i think of top of the background check is more on the backlogs & delays they have going on in VSC, plus were both confident that our profiles are good to goinnocent.gif

After Noa1 you get a long wait that's it!!! Just stay strong,,,that long sought after Noa2 will arrive!!!:thumbs:

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.