Sand

Important questions need answers please!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello,

Soon I am going to my Interview for (Citizenship)

and i would like to ask some questions and i hope to find a clear answers.

Now, I am applying for my Citizenship on a based of marriage to a USC.

1- When filing under spouse of USC. (3 Years rule) What questions you expect to be asked during the Interview ?

2- If you made a mistake while u were filling the N-400 application. but u caught it late. Can u still disclose it with the IO (Interviewer) ? on the Interview ? If Yes.. it Should be disclose BEFORE you raise your hand or AFTER ??? <=== Importent question please.

3- I sent (3 Years) Joint Transcript and i am going to take the copy i recieved from the IRS with me. but the question is.. Do i have to make a copy of my tax return too ? or Transcript should be enough???

4- Now i read somewhere this question was asked ---> Why do you want to be a citizen? what would u answer??

last question for tonight. Any advice would you like to share it before interview? or questions it might come during the interview?

Interview will be In Chula Vista Field office. San Diego.

Thank you so much for ur help.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you study for the test?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

From what my wife told me, swore to tell the truth, line by line questions on the N-400, review of her evidence, civics test, English test, read the oath out loud on the last page of the N-400, then signed it. Then the issue was went will she take her oath ceremony.

Wish I took the time to make that call for tax transcripts, with a business, our tax forms are long, perfectly acceptable, bring the original envelops they came in with you. You should know why you want to become a US citizen.

Recall my wife was shaking like a leaf and even went brain dead during our first interview, but putting up with four years of that nonsense, hardened her, she was calm and confident. She also worked with many government employees in her job and knew the good ones from the lazy ones, the super critical ones form the lax ones. But important to get a good nights sleep and to be relaxed.

Yes, and don't forget to study your civics test.

You can always tell the IO about the mistake you entered... this is not a death penalty so relax. Unless the mistake is gravely - then you should be OK. It is better to show honesty than deceit!

Most probably, the first thing the IO will do is to have you swear to tell the truth... so it is up to you to point out the mistake before the IO goes through the application or during... as long as you do not sign it (the second time) before correcting the mistake.

The tax transcripts are enough...

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Timeline

Hi, Thank you so much guys

the mistake i have had done. when i filled my application, and on Good Moral C. on question number 16, i had to check it because i have 1 speeding ticket. i have no problem with that. but in the last column i wrote NO CHARGES FILED. because i wasn't required to appear to court, this is the only thing i did, i should wrote (FINE) and paid for .. and the fine was under $500. i made an infopass to ask the IQ. what should to write there and i spoke to 2 IO's and i was told to write NO CHARGES FILED, but later i found out i should put FINE.

Thank you.

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Timeline

You can tell her exactly what you just said above - that you received a speeding ticket, paid the fine and when you asked for advice from USCIS at an infopass appointment about how to answer # 16, you were told 'no' as no charges were laid. Say, you don't know if that is right because you did have to pay a fine and ask her if that is the correct answer because you want the correct answer. Since you haven't tried to hide the fact of the ticket, it shouldn't appear that you are trying to avoid or falsify the truth - just you are not sure what the right answer to the question is. Bring with you whatever paperwork you have from the ticket - the ticket copy or receipt of payment - in case they wish to see it. It should not be a problem at all - you are obviously not trying to hide anything and a traffic ticket is not considered a problem unless you try to hide that you had one.

I wasn't asked any relationship questions at all during my interview, although I did ask her if my husband (and I pointed to where he was sitting in the waiting room) was allowed to join me in the interview. She said no - but she did see him there. If your wife is coming with you, you could do the same thing - ask when your name is called if your wife (and indicate where she is sitting) is allowed to come with you. She almost definitely won't be, but the interviewer will know that she is there with you.

You do not have to bring the copies of your income tax returns with you since you sent the tax transcripts. The interviewer will quickly review them to see how they were filed and the years for which they were filed and then check off on her check list that you provided them.

Again, I was not asked why I wanted to be a citizen and I don't recall hearing of anyone I know being asked that either. There are many good reasons for becoming a citizen so you can certainly suggest any of them - the ability to vote, the better income tax situation, the pride of belonging to and being an American, the ability to travel outside of the US to work and return without having to go through immigration all over again, etc. If you are asked, give your reasons for wanting to be an American, whatever they are. I doubt, though, that you will be asked.

The best advice I can offer is to be prepared for the test, have all of the originals for the copies that you included with you in case they want to see them, (and you may wish to bring some extra 'proof of relationship' documents -copies of lease, bills paid, things like that - just in case they wants to see more proof - mine didn't), dress nicely (like going to work in an office), be early or at the latest, on time, look the interviewer in the eyes when speaking to him /her and let her know that you want to check if that is the right answer on your application - explaining the situation and offering her the 'evidence'. Remember to bring your passport, your green card and your Driver's License if you have one.

Good luck on the exam and interview. I did find this the easiest and most friendly part of the whole Immigration process.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Hello, Kathryn41, Thank you so much for ur help.

2 more things. "what about work? i have never worked since i arrived to U.S.A . do you think it will be an issue during the interview? we file joint taxes. joint bank account. and other joint bills.

Do you believe age can be an issue too???

Thank you so much.

Game Over.

Timeline

Its not an interview - you go in they go over the form and you take a test, you pass or fail. They don't ask you about your age, they don't ask you if you had a job. No personal questions nothing like an interview. Its like a test/exam.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thank you so much for ur answer :)

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.