Smoochie1209

Co Sponsor for Filipina wife help

11 posts in this topic

Hello all and mainly to those with Filipino/Filipina spouses. I recently lost my job and am currently living with my Mom due to finical issues. I asked her to Co-Sponsor my wife but I am worried it won't go through because I've heard, no confirmation that it's true, that the Philippine Embassy isn't to keen on accepting I-864 A.o.S forms if the Primary Sponsor can't support their beneficiary. I will have a job soon but am afraid it won't help last years income. Any suggestions? Much appriciated. Also, love and support to all my CSC to TSC peeps who are still waiting for NoA2.... Thanks a lot!

Hello all and mainly to those with Filipino/Filipina spouses. I recently lost my job and am currently living with my Mom due to finical issues. I asked her to Co-Sponsor my wife but I am worried it won't go through because I've heard, no confirmation that it's true, that the Philippine Embassy isn't to keen on accepting I-864 A.o.S forms if the Primary Sponsor can't support their beneficiary. I will have a job soon but am afraid it won't help last years income. Any suggestions? Much appriciated. Also, love and support to all my CSC to TSC peeps who are still waiting for NoA2.... Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry that you lost your job. From what I read a few weeks ago, the US embassy in Manila is hesitant to accept co-sponsors of K-1 visa applicants since their affidavit of support I-134 is not legally-binding. CR-1/IR-1's I-864 AOS is protected by law thereby granting assurance that the co-sponsor has the legal financial responsibility to the applicant. I have not yet encounter CR-1/IR-1 problems with joint sponsorship on the interview.

I'm sorry that you lost your job. From what I read a few weeks ago, the US embassy in Manila is hesitant to accept co-sponsors of K-1 visa applicants since their affidavit of support I-134 is not legally-binding. CR-1/IR-1's I-864 AOS is protected by law thereby granting assurance that the co-sponsor has the legal financial responsibility to the applicant. I have not yet encounter CR-1/IR-1 problems with joint sponsorship on the interview.

Thanks a bunch! I was hoping that was the issue. I know K-1 Sponcership is pretty crucial for accpetance and guessed it wouldn't be a big deal for IR1/CR1

Thanks a bunch! I was hoping that was the issue. I know K-1 Sponcership is pretty crucial for accpetance and guessed it wouldn't be a big deal for IR1/CR1

You're welcome. Your mom should fill-up and sign I-864A while you will fill-up and sign I-864. Please include supporting documents to prove that your mom meets the 125% poverty guidelines for your specific household number.

I'd also like to invite you to join the NVC January 2011 thread by clicking the link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289063-nvc-january-2011/

Goodluck! :star:

:thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You're welcome. Your mom should fill-up and sign I-864A while you will fill-up and sign I-864. Please include supporting documents to prove that your mom meets the 125% poverty guidelines for your specific household number.

I'd also like to invite you to join the NVC January 2011 thread by clicking the link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289063-nvc-january-2011/

Goodluck! :star:

The mother/joint sponsor will provide evidence of citizenship as well. Birth certificate or passport data page will do. If not a citizen, provide copy of front and back of green card.

To OP, just what is your mother finical about? :devil:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The mother/joint sponsor will provide evidence of citizenship as well. Birth certificate or passport data page will do. If not a citizen, provide copy of front and back of green card.

To OP, just what is your mother finical about? :devil:

Mom's finical is great. I chose her because one, my address on my ID is the same as her address. I've been to lazy over the past years to change it. Two, my pops is retired (mom and dad divorced ages ago) and mom has lots of equity and great job.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Mom's finical is great. I chose her because one, my address on my ID is the same as her address. I've been to lazy over the past years to change it. Two, my pops is retired (mom and dad divorced ages ago) and mom has lots of equity and great job.

Joking. Finical looks like finicky. I know you meant "financial".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Joking. Finical looks like finicky. I know you meant "financial".

Ahh I knew there was a joke, just tried to fish it out. I see it now haha. Gosh i'm slow....

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.