723 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Good luck--I'm crossing my fingers they won't close tomorrow!!!

Oh i'm sure they will be open, but how many will call out sick is the question hehehe. If only a few show up for work it will be a day of goofing off and no case work lol.

The NVC will be closed today, January 12th, due to inclement weather condition.

No SIF, NVC closed > more delays :clock: > :cry: > :dead:

Damnit! I knew it! :cry:

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Damnit! I knew it! :cry:

Urgh! Is it me Kikapoo or do we get more impatient the closer you get to finishing with NVC?!!! I want to know my interview date!! Have the number for DOS, may call them instead today as they apparently can often know the date before the NVC operators - worth a try I guess!

Married: 02-15-2010

USCIS:

04-16-2010 I-130 Sent

05-04-2010 I-130 NOA1

10-02-2010 I-130 Approved/NOA2

Total Days at USCIS: 152 days

NVC:

10-06-2010 - NVC Received Case

10-15-2010 - Assigned case#

10-18-2010 - Sent DS-3032 by email

10-29-2010 - AOS bill received

10-30-2010 - Paid I-864 Bill/IV Bill

10-30-2010 - Sent IV package to NVC from UK

11-06-2010 - Hubby returned I-864 forms

11-19-2010 - NVC entered IV onto system

11-22-2010 - NVC enter AOS onto system

12-01-2010 - RFE received for AOS - missing W2 and joint sponser citizenship proof

12-07-2010 - RFE docs sent to NVC via express mail

12-09-2010 - NVC receives in mailroom

12-15-2010 - RFE entered on system YIPPEEE according to operator advice!

12-20-2010 - Checklist received date changes to 20th Dec according to AVRS

01-05-2011 - AVRS changes to missing docs - spoke to NVC who said it was false RFE. I hope so!

01-10-2011 - SIF!!!!!!

01-10-2011 - Case Complete

01-14-2011 - Interview Date Assigned

Total time at NVC - 97 long days

Consulate

01-19-2011 - Visa Medical in London

02-14-2011 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!

02-15-2011 - Our First Wedding Anniversary!

02-17-2011 - Courier delivered my VISA docs to me!! YAAAAY!

03-28-2011 - POE Seattle, WA

04-06-2011 - SSN card arrived

I-130 Mailing to Visa Approval - 304 days

Timeline

Urgh! Is it me Kikapoo or do we get more impatient the closer you get to finishing with NVC?!!! I want to know my interview date!! Have the number for DOS, may call them instead today as they apparently can often know the date before the NVC operators - worth a try I guess!

Check the US Embassy's website where your going to do the interview, they might have a place on the site where you can enter your NVC case number and see if your scheduled. Philippines has this on their website.

I agree...I remember thinking before I got my NOA2 that once I had that in my hand, I would be more relaxed, knowing the NVC stage goes by quicker....yeah right....reality is that I am more obcessed now than ever! :wacko:

Edited by smunie

USCIS

2010-09-07 I-130 Sent

2010-09-14 I-130 NOA1 received

2010-12-17 I-130 NOA2 (no email notification, no change in status on the USCIS website, hardcopy did not come in mail until 2011)

NVC

2010-12-21 NVC Received (was calling NVC every day, found out from them about approval over a week before NOA2 rec'd in mail)

2010-12-24 email address given to NVC, IIN number received from NVC operator

2010-12-24 I-864 AOS bill available - paid immediately

2010-12-24 DS-3032 emailed

2010-12-27 I-864 AOS bill showing as "paid", printed coversheet, mailed I-864 packet overnite

2010-12-27 Mailed "backup" DS-3032 overnite

2010-12-30 I-864 AOS delivered to NVC

2011-01-03 NOA2 finally received in mail...thanks

2011-01-03 DS-3032 has been accepted, per the automated message

2011-01-03 DS-230 IV bill available - paid immediately

2011-01-06 Rec'd last of the supporting DS-230 docs from beneficiary

2011-01-06 DS-230 IV bill showing as "paid", printed coversheet, mailed DS-230 packet overnite

2011-01-07 DS-230 packet delivered to NVC

2011-01-11 AVR indicates DS-230 was received, waiting on AOS still, however, confirmed with operator they have both pieces

2011-01-28 Website changed to SIF right after midnight eastern time...hmmm

2011-01-28 Case closed per AVR!!

I agree...I remember thinking before I got my NOA2 that once I had that in my hand, I would be more relaxed, knowing the NVC stage goes by quicker....yeah right....reality is that I am more obcessed now than ever! :wacko:

I totally agree. I was thinking that as I was checking the weather in Portsmouth, NH the other day like a creepy stalker, ha ha. What has this process turned us into?!?! :D

I am trying to hold out a little hope that the people who schedule interviews might be telecommuting...I mean, at least that part must be computerized, right? Yeah, I'm grasping at straws, but I'm desperate here!

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hello Guys we got another check list from the NVC today but there are two different parts made me so confused that i made a color on the sentence pls tell me what to do with it

this one is the first check list

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

The NVC has received the requested Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230). However, we are still

waiting for the Affidavit of Support form. Please submit the Affidavit of Support form according to the

instructions on the Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

From there, you can fill out an Affidavit of Support form online, then print the completed form and mail

it to NVC.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

______BIRTH CERTIFICATE:___________________________________________

The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the

appropriate government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of

the original, bearing the original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

______MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:________________________________________

The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the appropriate

government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of the original, bearing the

original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

This one is also new check list

______IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION:__________________________________

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) or supporting documents.

However, we are still waiting for the response to the checklist letter for the Immigrant Visa Application

(DS-230) or civil document. Please return the requested information so that we may complete the

processing of your case.

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and

supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in

your response or you have not responded to some questions.

Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to

complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the

Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new

completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete

the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the

Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,

please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in

the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

Please be advised that you, as the Petitioner, do not appear to meet the minimum income requirement

according to the current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. The

consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of your interview. In order to

avoid delays, you may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a Joint Sponsor to

the National Visa Center to assist in sponsoring the intending immigrants. To view the current poverty

Does it means we need also co sponsor?

pls help and give me an advise

thank you

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

hello Guys we got another check list from the NVC today but there are two different parts made me so confused that i made a color on the sentence pls tell me what to do with it

this one is the first check list

The NVC has received the requested Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230). However, we are still

waiting for the Affidavit of Support form. Please submit the Affidavit of Support form according to the

instructions on the Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

From there, you can fill out an Affidavit of Support form online, then print the completed form and mail

it to NVC.

address provided.

The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the

appropriate government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of

the original, bearing the original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the appropriate

government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of the original, bearing the

original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

This one is also new check list

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) or supporting documents.

However, we are still waiting for the response to the checklist letter for the Immigrant Visa Application

(DS-230) or civil document. Please return the requested information so that we may complete the

processing of your case.

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and

supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in

Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to

complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new

completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete

the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,

please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in

address provided.

Please be advised that you, as the Petitioner, do not appear to meet the minimum income requirement

according to the current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. The

consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of your interview. In order to

avoid delays, you may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a Joint Sponsor to

the National Visa Center to assist in sponsoring the intending immigrants. To view the current poverty

thank you

YES YOU NEED A CO-SPONSOR. Do you have one? If so, have them fill up the I-864 same as you did and mail it in.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

BabaLu

are u sure of it ? bec its just an advised if our income did not get enough for affidavit of support..

but the most part i m worried is they sent us two checklist as u see on the top and different things they are requested it seems like they did not received our aos and ds 230 packages but we already sent it somehow we were having missing documents

i think the first checklist one is about what they requested from me

then second one is about what they requested from my wife

i m i wrong ?

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

Did you make a photo copy of your latest income tax form, should be 2009 1040 ? Plus you need to give them your W-2 forms and any 1099 you have. I sent my original W-2 plus a copy.

BC has to be certified , have a stamp and or imprinted seal on it.

Similar to BC , must be certified, have a stamp and or a imprinted seal on it issued from the government.

processing of your case.

SOUNDS LIKE THERE WAITING FOR YOU TO SEND THEM THE BC AND MARRIAGE PAPERS

address provided.

SOUNDS LIKE EVEN THOUGH YOU SENT IN STUFFS AND MAYBE NOT EVERYTHING YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SEND, BUT EVEN JUST ON WHAT YOU SENT THEY HAVE ALREADY DETERMINED YOU DONT QUALIFY, YOU NEED A CO-SPONSOR

thank you

Filed: Timeline

I also received check list today for i-864. I sent it out as soon as I spoke with operator, I printed out

AOS coversheet and included it in the package, but I didn't put check list, because they have not sent it at the time

I spoke to them. Is it ok that I didn't include check list letter? :unsure:

Thanks!

NVC

12/06/2010 -- NVC Received

12/07/2010 -- AOS fee paid

12/10/2010 -- DS-3032 NVC Received

12/11/2010 -- AOS I-864 mailed

12/15/2010 -- IV Bill invoiced

12/16/2010 -- IV Bill showed as paid

12/16/2010 -- DS-230 sent

12/17/2010 -- DS-230 NVC Received

12/21/2010 -- Entered DS-230 into the system

01/10/2011 -- RFE for i-864 signature

01/11/2011 -- RFE NVC Received

01/13/2011 -- RFE entered into system

SIF - 01/31/2011 :) Thank God!

Case completed - 02/01/2011

Interview - 03/29/2011 Scheduled on 02/11/2011

03/29/2011 put on AP for two weeks

04/16/2011 POE JFK!

ROC

1/29/2013 Sent in I-751 package

2/2/2013 Received NOA1

02/08/2013 Received biometrics appointment letter

I also received check list today for i-864. I sent it out as soon as I spoke with operator, I printed out

AOS coversheet and included it in the package, but I didn't put check list, because they have not sent it at the time

Thanks!

I knew someone who got an RFE. Her husband just printed the cover sheet from the payment portal and didn't include the checklist. She got SIF the other day. So that's okay, don't worry.

Timeline

Thanks!

You got checklist because you were missing stuffs? I dont think you need to send the checklist, thats only for your reference to what they want from you. Seems like some just have problems because of minor things. Please , just print out all the forms and the INSTRUCTIONS, sit down with cup of coffee and read every page. For example; if you dont have BOTH your income tax copy and your W-2 form(s) then you need to just order the transcript from the IRS. If you just send in the copy of the income tax form but no W-2 , they can reject you. I know it sucks but what can you do? you cant argue with them. Its these simple things that can mess you up and delay you for some stupid thing like original not sent, only copy sent.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Guys!

My RFE is because they think my signature on I864 is not original, I signed it myself and checked it million

times before mailing it, but they still didn't like it. Now on the check list, they mention that I need to use blue or black pen,

the one I used was slightly different color, I guess it was dark purple, and they didn't like it. :wacko:

NVC

12/06/2010 -- NVC Received

12/07/2010 -- AOS fee paid

12/10/2010 -- DS-3032 NVC Received

12/11/2010 -- AOS I-864 mailed

12/15/2010 -- IV Bill invoiced

12/16/2010 -- IV Bill showed as paid

12/16/2010 -- DS-230 sent

12/17/2010 -- DS-230 NVC Received

12/21/2010 -- Entered DS-230 into the system

01/10/2011 -- RFE for i-864 signature

01/11/2011 -- RFE NVC Received

01/13/2011 -- RFE entered into system

SIF - 01/31/2011 :) Thank God!

Case completed - 02/01/2011

Interview - 03/29/2011 Scheduled on 02/11/2011

03/29/2011 put on AP for two weeks

04/16/2011 POE JFK!

ROC

1/29/2013 Sent in I-751 package

2/2/2013 Received NOA1

02/08/2013 Received biometrics appointment letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.