MalloryEvans

Seriously, no NOA2 since August 2010?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm sure this is me getting antsy. I miss him so much and the last two days have especially been rough on me. But I went to the timeline stats and ran k-1 visas unapproved from the TX service center, and nothing has come out since 8/13/10. The optimist in me says it's entirely possible that the dozens of others on VJ who entered in their first NOA just haven't updated since because they're too busy being happy that they got their NOA2. The realist in me knows that it's unlikely that many people have completely stopped using VJ since August. There are solitary couples who haven't been approved since February, but it is possible they just haven't come back... that's just a tiny few. But there are dozens beginning in July who haven't gotten their NOA2.

I know that I'm being emotional, but it's making me crazy to think nobody has even touched my paperwork since it's been in the service center. I've been seeing INITIAL REVIEW forever, and I look at some of these timelines and some people have been 'touched' within days of NOA1. I barely even know what touched means, which is part of the problem... but today when I went to look at my receipt information, expecting to see INITIAL REVIEW on a holiday, it says case information not found. I did my research and a lot of people say the USCIS site isn't the most... reliable. I know I need to just settle down...

But if you've gotten NOA2 since August, or know someone who has, let me know, because I'm starting to feel hopeless. It's only been 2.5 months since they received my paperwork and the wait time usually is twice as long. They say "The wait is the worst part" for a reason.

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

RFE - 3/17/11 (the RFE was a bogus stall tactic)

RFE - 5/12/11 (another bogus, I told them I sent what they requested twice and threatened to call a state representative)

NOA 2 - 5/17/11 (they suddenly found the stuff they said they didn't have!)

Consulate received - 5/27/11

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Interview - 8/24/11 at 9AM GMT - APPROVED

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 11/24/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Check cashed/cleared - 12/12/11

Notice of biometrics appointment - 12/19/11

Biometrics appointment - 1/10/12 12PM in Saint Louis

My heart is in England in America with me!.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Somoene will correct me if im wrong, but texas is just intake. they cash the check and forward your file on to either Vermont or California service center.

if the first 3 letters of your file are EAC you are at the VCS. I cant reemmber what Californias is, but if its not EAC then its california.

but just be prepared to wait the full 5 to 6 month run cause they are in a big slow down. :( i would just put it out of my mind at least till the fourth month.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm sure this is me getting antsy. I miss him so much and the last two days have especially been rough on me. But I went to the timeline stats and ran k-1 visas unapproved from the TX service center, and nothing has come out since 8/13/10. The optimist in me says it's entirely possible that the dozens of others on VJ who entered in their first NOA just haven't updated since because they're too busy being happy that they got their NOA2. The realist in me knows that it's unlikely that many people have completely stopped using VJ since August. There are solitary couples who haven't been approved since February, but it is possible they just haven't come back... that's just a tiny few. But there are dozens beginning in July who haven't gotten their NOA2.

I know that I'm being emotional, but it's making me crazy to think nobody has even touched my paperwork since it's been in the service center. I've been seeing INITIAL REVIEW forever, and I look at some of these timelines and some people have been 'touched' within days of NOA1. I barely even know what touched means, which is part of the problem... but today when I went to look at my receipt information, expecting to see INITIAL REVIEW on a holiday, it says case information not found. I did my research and a lot of people say the USCIS site isn't the most... reliable. I know I need to just settle down...

But if you've gotten NOA2 since August, or know someone who has, let me know, because I'm starting to feel hopeless. It's only been 2.5 months since they received my paperwork and the wait time usually is twice as long. They say "The wait is the worst part" for a reason.

Yes we understand, we all get emotional at times. 2.5 months - think of it this way, your halfway there! Have you set up an account with USCIS to check your case status? Not that it may help any, cause they do not update cases like they should. Hang in there and take care.

02iqn7wnr.png

There are only two places you should be looking for NOA2s to come out of, and that's California and Vermont. There is no Texas Service Center that approves petitions. They simply do the intake and forward to the proper service center based on which state the petition is coming from.

If you'll look at the Immigration Timeline link at the top of VJ, you'll see what month California and Vermont are working on. People who filed in late July/early August are just now getting processed for the most part, so be prepared for the wait of five to six months.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I apologise - I'm really bad at understanding forums and how the reply system works, so I hope everyone sees this.

This is what I'm looking at: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?visa=1&form=1&scenter=3&option=2&sortby=2

My receipt number starts with WAC... I've looked to see what WAC means. Apparently it means it's transferred to CSC. Took forever to figure out what that meant, too. Haha. Okay... so I'm almost there. I feel sorry for the people who have been waiting longer because this is killing me. I can't imagine what they must feel like.

I think I'm finally started to understand what TOUCHED means!

Edited by MalloryEvans

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

RFE - 3/17/11 (the RFE was a bogus stall tactic)

RFE - 5/12/11 (another bogus, I told them I sent what they requested twice and threatened to call a state representative)

NOA 2 - 5/17/11 (they suddenly found the stuff they said they didn't have!)

Consulate received - 5/27/11

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Interview - 8/24/11 at 9AM GMT - APPROVED

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 11/24/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Check cashed/cleared - 12/12/11

Notice of biometrics appointment - 12/19/11

Biometrics appointment - 1/10/12 12PM in Saint Louis

My heart is in England in America with me!.

Yes, your petition is in California. I suggest updating that information in your timeline so it will give you an approximate date your petition will be adjudicated. :) Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.