Tahlisha

Wondering????

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Happy New Year to everyone I pray we all are reunited with our loved ones in this new year....

I have a question I hope someone will be able to answer. I will be going to Morocco to legally marry there. I will be staying for about 3 months. I am wondering if it is ok to prepare all of our papers for CR-1 and then send them back to the states to have someone send them in for me???? Or do I have to wait until I return to the states????? Also I was recently laid off my hubby has 2 siblings here in the states both have received their 10 year green cards. Can they and their spouses be listed as sponsers????

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

What happened to your K1, is it dead. Any USC or LPR can be a co-sponsor, as long as they meet the income requirement.

After his interview our petition was sent back for furthere reveiw. When it was received here in the states it was closed because the dates expired.

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Timeline

After his interview our petition was sent back for furthere reveiw. When it was received here in the states it was closed because the dates expired.

Okay, the CR1 package can be sent from anywhere here on earth as long as it arrives at the correct USCIS address. Good luck going forward. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Happy New Year to everyone I pray we all are reunited with our loved ones in this new year....

I have a question I hope someone will be able to answer. I will be going to Morocco to legally marry there. I will be staying for about 3 months. I am wondering if it is ok to prepare all of our papers for CR-1 and then send them back to the states to have someone send them in for me???? Or do I have to wait until I return to the states????? Also I was recently laid off my hubby has 2 siblings here in the states both have received their 10 year green cards. Can they and their spouses be listed as sponsers????

You do not have to wait until you return to file the petition. Sponsorship issues are dealt with after the petition is approved months from now. Yes, permanent residents can act as joint sponsors but I would avoid using the foreigner's family members if possible. Using those family members in the USA to sponsor adds to the suspicion of a fraudulent relationship and you're already dealing with one of the more difficult Consulates. A job of your own, or using your own family as sponsors if needed would be a better choice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Okay, the CR1 package can be sent from anywhere here on earth as long as it arrives at the correct USCIS address. Good luck going forward. :thumbs:

Awesome.... Then I will be sure to have everything ready to go once everything is complete in Morocco.... Thanks so much for the info.... Happy New Year :D:D

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You do not have to wait until you return to file the petition. Sponsorship issues are dealt with after the petition is approved months from now. Yes, permanent residents can act as joint sponsors but I would avoid using the foreigner's family members if possible. Using those family members in the USA to sponsor adds to the suspicion of a fraudulent relationship and you're already dealing with one of the more difficult Consulates. A job of your own, or using your own family as sponsors if needed would be a better choice.

I was thinking the same...

AOS From B2 Journey

8/13/10: AOS Package Sent

8/16/10: Package Received at Chicago Lock Box

8/26/10: Checks Cleared and Case Transferred to NBC

8/30/10: NOA Text/ Email and Hard Copy

8/31/10: Case Status Appears On USCIS Site

9/9/10: I-130 I-485 I-765 Touched

10/5/10: Called USCIS abt "No Bio Letter" / Service Request

10/13/10: Hard Copy Service Request

10/20/10: I-765 I-485 Touched

10/21/10: I-765 I-485 Touched Again :-)

10/23/10: Biometric Letter Received For Nov 15 App

11/15/10: Biometric Appointment

11/15/10: EAD Approved..... I-485 & I-765 Touched

11/16/10: Card Production Ordered.....I-485 & I-765 Touched

11/19/10: Card Production text and email received again for I-765. I-765 Touched

11/23/10: EAD Received

11/29/10: Applied for ID and SS card

12/04/10: SS card and AOS Interview Letter received

01/04/11: AOS Interview..APPROVED!!!

01/13/11: Green Card Received

ROC JOURNEY

10/09/12: ROC Filed

10/12/12: Package delivered to VCS

10/17/12: Check cashed, but no NOA1 yet.

10/20/12: NOA1 hardcopy received. Dated 10/15/12

11/09/12: Biometrics Notice

12/04/12: Biometrics Done

01/04/13: 2yr GC expires

04/26/13: RFE :-(

05/22/13: REF Response Mailed

06/06/13: Text and Email update: Card production ordered!!!

06/10/13: USCIS update about card mailed!

06/12/13: CARD RECEIVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

I hope to be working again by that time... Using my family is a no go :( It's been 6 years since I converted to Islam and they still have not come to grips with that.... And when they found out I was marrying someone I met online they thought I had lost my mind..... Would it be posible to use his siblings spouses only?????

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

I hope to be working again by that time... Using my family is a no go :( It's been 6 years since I converted to Islam and they still have not come to grips with that.... And when they found out I was marrying someone I met online they thought I had lost my mind..... Would it be posible to use his siblings spouses only?????

Yes, if one of them qualifies. If they have the same family name, it would hardly make a difference though.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Ok... Thanks so much for the info

It occurs to me that both names will be on any tax returns provided as supporting documentation for affidavit(s) of support.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

It occurs to me that both names will be on any tax returns provided as supporting documentation for affidavit(s) of support.

I should add that it is quite common for the applicant to be asked about the relationship to the sponsor. You should count on that happening and be prepared with a truthful answer.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As pushbrk mentioned the above +1. The CO could see this as a red flag.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Using your future inlaws will be a red flag with Casablanca. There is so much fraud coming out of Morocco that any little thing that's a red flag will give them a reason to send it back. You need to be prepared to be able to support your husband, so I would get back to the states and find a job as soon as possible. I wish you the best of luck.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but has your fiance checked out the requirements to legally marry in his area of Morocco? I don't know if this is a regional thing or if this is the same all over Morocco, but my fiance has been told that I will need to provide a certificate of wages and a certificate of employment in order to legally marry there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.