HeatDeath

Canadian Christmas Presents?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nothing Canadian :( - but some good other stuff :) - oh wait, I did buy Crackers - the pull apart and make a bang type - from Costco. They were made in Canada - and we will be pulling two open at midnight here for New Years :D .

I miss CHristmas crackers :( I didn;t think to buy any while up in Nov.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Yeah, me too . I've never seen them around here and all of my American friends look at me kind of strange when I mention them, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found a box at Costco - and the price was good too!. Oops - I just checked - it wasn't at Costco - it was at Ross' Dress for Less (I was there the same day and put everything into the one box). They were $4.99 for 8 nice crackers with the hat, the saying and cool presents inside (mine was a calculator type thing that works and Joe's was a pan flute type of whistle). I normally get a can of Tim Horton's coffee for Christmas from either my Dad or my brother but this year they didn't send one. :(

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I remember the first time Bill came up to Canada for Christmas and we gave him a cracker. He had this hilarious look on his face like, "what the heck do I do with this?" :lol: I had no idea they were a Canadian thing!

I really wanted to get one of those team Canada sweaters that zip up in the front and say Canada across the chest. I looked everywhere when I was home and places were either out of the style I wanted, or only had smalls and that's not going to work too well on me! I assume it's because home is really close to Buffalo, and all the Canadians were buying up team Canada gear and flooding across the border to watch the Canadian world juniors. It took us 2 hours to get across the Peace Bridge when we were coming home on the 28th. Go team Canada!

Filed: Timeline

Well, this is more of a tradition for us than a Canadian present, but my daughter took my Mum and I to the Four Seasons Centre to watch the Russian version of The Nutcracker. We had fabulous box seats and then went across the road to the York Street Keg for dinner. We used to do that almost every year (go see the Nutcracker) when my daughter was growing up but life took over and we hadn't been in years. It was a lovely trip down memory lane. Plus it was great to be in the city and seeing everyone dressed to the nines. I certainly do miss the cultural aspects of Toronto. Looking forward to getting back to that here in Washington.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My SIL bought me a pair of red Canadian maple leaf mittens. My MIL and FIL bought me a big bottle of Canadian maple syrup bottled in a reused Teacher's Scotch Whiskey bottle. I am a teacher and they thought it was funny. None of us drink alcohol but they wanted a picture of me with the whiskey bottle. NOT for posting on the internet for fear I would get fired from my private school job. Had maple syrup on my oatmeal this morning. Yummy.

I dont think crackers are a Canadian thing as I've seen them down here as well. Although when I pointed them out to my husband he was like "what's that??" I also saw some Terry's Chocolate Oranges at Wal-Mart and K-Mart down here this year.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.