reymets10

A couple questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks in advance to anyone that will take time to reply to this message.

My fiance and I were filling out our paperwork together today and we ended up having a couple questions, mainly with the G325A form.

1. My fiance worked in Taiwan for a few years before coming to work in Canada. She doesn't have her exact addresses for the places she lived while in Taiwan. How important is having the exact address.

2. When I complete the packet for the I129f, where do I send it. I am confused because it appears to list 2 different places to send it. It seems that the uscis website says to send it to Dallas Lockbox. If this is the case then what does the Vermont/California center have to do with anything. Does the Dallas Lockbox forward the paperwork to one of these 2 processing centers? Do we have any say where it goes? This part is just a little confusing to me.

I also want to say that this site has been a huge help in this process. I was thinking about hiring a lawyer to make sure it gets done correctly, but with the information I found on this site I feel confident that I can fill everything out correctly. So thanks to all that have contributed to the site.

Met online - 12/2008

Met in Person 1st Time - 2/2009

Engaged - 12/2009

Filed I-129F - 3/27/11

Received Electronic NOA 1 - 4/7/11

NOA 2 - 6/29/11 (83 days from NOA 1)

RFE 8/15/11 (Needed proof that Fiancee is in Canada legally, Philippine citizen)

Packet 3 - 9/6/11

Packet 4 - Never Received

Interview 12/1/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I were filling out our paperwork together today and we ended up having a couple questions, mainly with the G325A form.

1. My fiance worked in Taiwan for a few years before coming to work in Canada. She doesn't have her exact addresses for the places she lived while in Taiwan. How important is having the exact address.

2. When I complete the packet for the I129f, where do I send it. I am confused because it appears to list 2 different places to send it. It seems that the uscis website says to send it to Dallas Lockbox. If this is the case then what does the Vermont/California center have to do with anything. Does the Dallas Lockbox forward the paperwork to one of these 2 processing centers? Do we have any say where it goes? This part is just a little confusing to me.

I also want to say that this site has been a huge help in this process. I was thinking about hiring a lawyer to make sure it gets done correctly, but with the information I found on this site I feel confident that I can fill everything out correctly. So thanks to all that have contributed to the site.

2) You send it to the Tx lockbox, they choose which service center it goes to, not you

YMMV

Page 5 of the I-129F instructions http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf tells you where to send the form. It lists two addresses: one for USPS mail deliveries and one for private courier (FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc.) deliveries.

Maybe someone else will have experience with whether or not they'll accept partial or incomplete former addresses

George

Edited by George & Gina

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

answer to question #. If she has no papers with her previous addresses. (Can she check with other relatives to see if they have them.) If you exhausted all your options for trying to find her preivous addresses. I would maybe just suggest just to list the City with the dates and maybe attach a supplement form just explaining you don't remember and can't find the previous addresses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.