femy11

K-1 Visa denied

88 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I know how you feel.

The Manila Embassy does not accept co-sponsors, this is what he CO flat out told me and my fiance.

My fiance is a 22-year old fresh graduate in his first year serving the national guard on a 2nd lt pay which is arguably not much at all, we barely made it above the minimum. Plus we had to tax returns, just pay stubs and military orders and a letter from his commander. We were questioned about this a lot. The only thing that saved us was my career as a speech pathologist, which he thankfully recognized as a lucrative career and i was very clear to him that I do not intend for my fiance to support me as I am perfectly capable of supporting myself once I am authorized to work (I brought proof that I had international work experience) If not for this, we would have been denied.

It's so weird because my fiance did make it above the poverty line set for 2 people (himself and me) and yet he still grilled us about it. I don't know what they want, they are too demanding. I even told the CO, "Sir, my fiance's salary is well-above the poverty line, what is the problem?" and he just said, "It's quite low"

Uhm he's only 22. I'm sorry if he's not Mark Zuckerberg.

Anyway I wish you the best. I'm so sorry you went through this. We must have had the same CO??? I really think we did. :) Was he young and asian looking?? Don't lose hope! I hope you will be able to sort it out. I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful. God bless!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance just called the embassy this afternoon and I am approved! yehey!!! Thanks God!

I AM NOW APPROVED!

:ot2::dance:

Great news! Congratulations to both of you! I have been watching your post and im so happy for you.Your tears has turned into joys.Your case only proves that there is always hope when everything seems none..GOD IS REALLY GREAT!

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-01-13

NVC letter: 2011-02-01

USEM LETTER: 2011-02-11

INTERVIEW: 2011-04-04 VISA APPROVED

POE: 2011-05-02 MINEAPOLIS/ST PAUL

WEDDING: 2011-06-18

Prayer teaches us to wait;it clears our visions;it quiets our heart and it activates our faith.Glow like the sunrise and be humble like the sunset.

event.png

CO probably realized his mistake! :) YAY, CONGRATS!!!! :D

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Have faith and don't lose hope.

hi sis gelai! ano ka ba sis? shes already approved..

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-01-13

NVC letter: 2011-02-01

USEM LETTER: 2011-02-11

INTERVIEW: 2011-04-04 VISA APPROVED

POE: 2011-05-02 MINEAPOLIS/ST PAUL

WEDDING: 2011-06-18

Prayer teaches us to wait;it clears our visions;it quiets our heart and it activates our faith.Glow like the sunrise and be humble like the sunset.

event.png

Timeline

CO probably realized his mistake! :) YAY, CONGRATS!!!! :D

Yes, maybe he just did not look hard on my fiance's pay stubs and had bad day during my interview. The CO who interviewed me was young looking Asian guy like chinese/taiwanese.

Im glad also that i can just pick up my passport at 2GO office. Do you have their number?

HAH!!! Now I am quite positive we had the same CO!!!

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

It has to br 125% poverty level, it probably would help if he had a letter from his employer. Also, does the consul have any reason to believe that u will not be able to find a job and contribute to the household when you get to the us?

It has to br 125% poverty level, it probably would help if he had a letter from his employer. Also, does the consul have any reason to believe that u will not be able to find a job and contribute to the household when you get to the us?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi There,

I saw your post and say you stated about if denied to go ahead and get married and then file a CR1. Can you explain to me how this will help please?

My fiancee and I have submitted the K-1 and are waiting a decision, but if denied, I am curious to learn how getting married might help the situation.

Thanks

Are the consular officers given any discretion or do they have a chart on the wall and compare what the petitioner's tax records state to the chart? Why should there be any questions? Either the tax records state he is above or below; no gray area allowed. I think I will appear at the interview so that the officer can't pull a fast one.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

They would only concern themselves with "adjusted gross income" if you filed a 1040EZ. Some people think of line 22 on a 1040 as adjusted gross income but that's not the correct term. They are looking for what the IRS refers to as "total income" on a 1040 or adjusted gross income on the EZ. When stating "current income" and "employee" would calculate their annual income based on either their salary or hourly pay. The self employed state their current income as line 22 from the most recent 1040 because nobody knows what a self employed person's income WILL BE, only what it was on the latest tax return. The title of line 22 is "total income". Don't confuse "business revenue" and "income". They are not the same thing.

Pushbrk is correct. There is too much paranoia being distributed amongst the masses. The prescreener looks at one number on your tax form and compares it to a chart on the wall behind him or her. You walk into the COs office and he or she does the same thing. They look at one number and one number only; how much did you make in that year, not how much did uncle sam rape you for.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.