brinks01

I-751 January filers

869 posts in this topic

From what I understand, you only need to include children who are actually filing removal of conditions together with you. My wife and I had a baby in 2009 but we're not including her either as she is a US Citizen through birth. When you use her for proof for a bona vide relationship, I wouldn't worry about the PH BC either, the US BC should be enough for them :)

She arrived with me on a CR2 visa. Was my husband's stepchild till he adopted her. In her US BC she carries his name, her surname at birth now being her middle name.

Doesn't the form read to list all children?

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

I took it to the post office today, it's 4LBS actually! I copied all of our mortgage paperwork, 2 years of income tax, copies of utility bills, lots of envelopes/letters/cards addressed to both of us.... The more the better I think, rather than not enough and getting an RFE!

lol idk.. I never like sending so much.. with our AOS the IO was actually happy not to have too much, but only to get the important things. Things such as envelopes/letters/cards are easily faked for example, from the many articles I read they tend to not take those things too seriously. Oh well, as long as everything is there what they do look at, and it seems it does, then you have nothing to worry indeed ;)

I didn't make a list yet for the cover letter of the things I'm going to send out tomorrow, but I will post it when I'm done :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

She arrived with me on a CR2 visa. Was my husband's stepchild till he adopted her. In her US BC she carries his name, her surname at birth now being her middle name.

Doesn't the form read to list all children?

You know, you are absolutely right, and I start to doubt everything myself once again lol

Thing is, I read several forum posts (both here and elsewhere) where people actually stated that they didn't list their children because the children were not seeking removal of conditions and everything went fine, and also posts from people who have actually listed their children (both US citizens as children living abroad, both not seeking removal of conditions) and they were asked to pay an additional biometrics fee of $85 for each child separately.

I just did a quick Google search, as I am completely doubting myself again... Here's one of those posts that make me think it isn't necessary to include these children:

Hi, I have been going through this same thing with Removal of Conditions. I've sent my own application in April, and already have my 10 year GC. However, my daughter arrived to the USA much later than me, so she will have to file separately. Regarding Part 5 of application about children: Yes, it says "List all your children". But if you read the Instruction, it says: In Part 5 of the Form, please make sure to include ANY CONDITIONAL RESIDENT CHILDREN APPLYING WITH YOU in order to have their conditional basis removed, OR THEY MAY FILE SEPARATELY. I believe that in Form itself, when it says ALL your children, it implies THOSE who remove status with you. IMHO, this is what the instruction says: MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE, OR...they may file separately.

But, yeah, the same forum where I found this text, also had someone saying that 'all' actually means 'all'... *bonks with head into wall* what oh what is the right thing to do :S

To make it a bit more confusing, here's a link to a thread on the visajourney forums, where people are debating the same thing: http://www.visajourn...tion-on-part-5/ ...it's kinda sad they didn't continue on with this thread, as to see what the outcome was for the various people who posted in there, as several should have their 10 year GC by now, or have gotten an RFE with whatever choice they made.

You know, I am going to change my petition, the envelop is still open as I didn't make my cover letter yet and didn't make copies of everything just yet (just reading up on stuff to make sure I file the right stuff) and I am going to add both my Dutch daughter who lives with her mother and my US born daughter (born out of this marriage) on the petition. I hope it is the right thing, but from what I read, it should be. I will add a supplemental paper to the whole package, stating that none of these children are seeking to have their conditions removed or something like that as the youngest is a US citizen, and the oldest is living with her mother in the Netherlands and will remain doing so.

I cannot tell you what to do, or what the absolute answer is, but if you are going to follow my example and interpret the question as 'all' children as well, then I urge you to also add the US birth certificate and every possible documentation you have :)

Edited by JeroenAndMichelle

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Added myself to the list as I will mail my package out tomorrow for sure :)

California Service Center (1 applicants)

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

JEROENANDMICHELLE..01/05/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

Vermont Service Center (4 applicants)

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

MADELYNE...........12/29/10..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

NICKANGEL2008......01/03/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

NAVIOMELO..........01/04/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

JILLA..............01/04/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

Date of I-751 = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list.

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

You know, you are absolutely right, and I start to doubt everything myself once again lol

Thing is, I read several forum posts (both here and elsewhere) where people actually stated that they didn't list their children because the children were not seeking removal of conditions and everything went fine, and also posts from people who have actually listed their children (both US citizens as children living abroad, both not seeking removal of conditions) and they were asked to pay an additional biometrics fee of $85 for each child separately.

I just did a quick Google search, as I am completely doubting myself again... Here's one of those posts that make me think it isn't necessary to include these children:

But, yeah, the same forum where I found this text, also had someone saying that 'all' actually means 'all'... *bonks with head into wall* what oh what is the right thing to do :S

To make it a bit more confusing, here's a link to a thread on the visajourney forums, where people are debating the same thing: http://www.visajourn...tion-on-part-5/ ...it's kinda sad they didn't continue on with this thread, as to see what the outcome was for the various people who posted in there, as several should have their 10 year GC by now, or have gotten an RFE with whatever choice they made.

You know, I am going to change my petition, the envelop is still open as I didn't make my cover letter yet and didn't make copies of everything just yet (just reading up on stuff to make sure I file the right stuff) and I am going to add both my Dutch daughter who lives with her mother and my US born daughter (born out of this marriage) on the petition. I hope it is the right thing, but from what I read, it should be. I will add a supplemental paper to the whole package, stating that none of these children are seeking to have their conditions removed or something like that as the youngest is a US citizen, and the oldest is living with her mother in the Netherlands and will remain doing so.

I cannot tell you what to do, or what the absolute answer is, but if you are going to follow my example and interpret the question as 'all' children as well, then I urge you to also add the US birth certificate and every possible documentation you have :)

Geez.....USCIS should make their instructions more detailed... :bonk: I was wanting to know so I know how much to put on the check that I will be sending along with the I-751. $85 can buy at least 500 diapers or 5 cans of formula....

yeah, i guess you should send everything rather than get a letter from them asking for more stuff.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all!

Just came back from the post office, I bought a postal money order and sent everything via Priority Mail. Total package weight: 8oz :P (Did the same for AOS, didn't get any RFE)

On the topic of Part 5,'List all your children' I wrote our son's name and on the immigration status column (4th column) just put 'US Citizen'. We also included his US birth certificate. I think they'll figure it out...

California Service Center (2 applicants)

JEROENANDMICHELLE..01/05/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

VICMO..............01/05/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

Vermont Service Center (4 applicants)

MADELYNE...........12/29/10..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

NICKANGEL2008......01/03/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

NAVIOMELO..........01/04/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

JILLA..............01/04/11..........--/--/11.......--/--/11........--/--/11....

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

Date of I-751 = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list.

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

AOS Timeline (From H1-B)

09/27/2008 Sent AOS package (I-130/I-485)

09/28/2008 USPS delivered package

10/03/2008 NOA I-130, I-485

10/14/2008 Received Biometrics letter

10/16/2008 *TOUCH* I-130

10/17/2008 *TOUCH* I-130... The suspense!

10/25/2008 Biometrics appointment.. easy peasy!

10/27/2008 *TOUCH* I-485

12/29/2008 Interview Notice Date

03/02/2009 AOS interview.. Approved!

03/06/2009 Welcome letter received today! (Letter is postmarked March 4th)

01/05/2011 Applied for removal of conditions (I-751)

01/07/2011 USPS delivered package

05/19/2011 I-751 approved

10/15/2012 Applied for Naturalization (N-400)

Hey Everyone!

We will be sending in our paperwork on Monday (90 days started Jan.2). We changed our address a year ago but received the I-751 reminder (didn't need it anyway) to our old address with a paper saying that we needed to file our AR-11, which we already did and have the receipt. We went to Hartford today to make sure everything was okay before we send out everything. He said he didn't know what happened but that after we submit the I-751 with our new address on it, we "should" get everything at our new address ~~~~ and then sent us on our way~~~~~~ that was not reassuring :-( So, I guess we shall see what happens!! (fingers crossed for no problems!)

Good luck everyone!

Edited by tashidelek

Just wondering why the most recent I-751 form that I can find has the expiration of 12/31/2010? This is still correct form?

Yeah, no worries, someone gave a pretty good explanation as to why they have that date on the forms in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289520-outdated-i-751-formcan-i-use-it/

From where I'm standing, you can just use the form without any problem :)

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Geez.....USCIS should make their instructions more detailed... :bonk: I was wanting to know so I know how much to put on the check that I will be sending along with the I-751. $85 can buy at least 500 diapers or 5 cans of formula....

yeah, i guess you should send everything rather than get a letter from them asking for more stuff.

Yeah it's messed up in my opinion.. can't wait until I'm completely done with the whole immigration process lol..

Btw, maybe it's an idea to also add a letter with explanation as to that specific question. I did the following (I edited it a bit:so there cannot be any mistakes with people accidently copying my personal infos on their letters if someone copies this letter):

I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence - Supplemental

Applicant: [your name]

Alien number: A [your A number]

Explanation regarding: Part 5. Information About Your Children-List All Your Children

Date: January [day], 2011

Dear sir, madam,

As requested on the form, I have listed all my children at this part of the form. However, I would like to clarify a few things in order to avoid confusion.

My youngest daughter, [daughter 1 name], was born in [city, state, country] through this marriage on [Month, day, year]. She is a US citizen through birth and therefore has no immigration status.

My oldest daughter, [daughter 2 name] lives in [country] with her mother and will most likely remain to do so. There are currently no intentions in bringing her to the United States. She is a citizen and resident of [same country again] and therefore she has no immigration status either.

Sincerely,

[your name]

I think this together with the N/A in the A number and the NOT IN USA/NONE where it says 'where in us/immigration status', and my wife stating on the cover letter that the check is only the fee for the petition and MY biometrics, and of course the 590 USD check, should be enough to make sure anyone understands that these kids are listed for the sake of the 'all children' on the form, and that they are no conditional children.

You could do something similar, but since your situation is a bit more specific (seeing the adoption and such), you might want to include the extra documents to that and mention those as well in the supplemental letter.

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We mailed our packet today. Crossing my fingers it doesn't get sent back - tomorrow is the first day of our 90 day window...

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I did come across the sample cover letter recently, and I see how they recommend outlining the various evidence that I will be submitting, so that is helpful. I feel the closer I get to sending the packet, the more questions we have! I filled out the i-751 few weeks ago, but now see that it states "expires 12/31/2010" but when I visit the USCIS website, I do not see an updated form. Am I missing something?

Also, on the example cover letter I came across on VisaJourney, it states, "(K-1 VISA) Name of Immigrant K-1 spouse, A#xxx-yyy-zzz". This line is a bit confusing to me. Obviously it is asking for the name of the immigrant applying but I don't understand if I am to write my husband's name (the immigrant), then "KI", then my name??? Sorry for what seems like a silly question.

Thanks!!

I went ahead and used the form that they have available despite the expiration date. It's not our fault if they don't update the web site with the next version. I just put "(K-1 VISA) Liam Peters and then his A number". But I put my signature line at the bottom of the cover letter and put "US Citizen Spouse". I'm sure they get the idea from all of the documents and the application as well.

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

We mailed out our I-751 with lots of evidence today . Hopefully, we would get the biometric letter in 3 weeks or less.Good luck to all the January I-751 filers.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

We got a notice too.

Yeah it's messed up in my opinion.. can't wait until I'm completely done with the whole immigration process lol..

Btw, maybe it's an idea to also add a letter with explanation as to that specific question. I did the following (I edited it a bit:so there cannot be any mistakes with people accidently copying my personal infos on their letters if someone copies this letter):

I think this together with the N/A in the A number and the NOT IN USA/NONE where it says 'where in us/immigration status', and my wife stating on the cover letter that the check is only the fee for the petition and MY biometrics, and of course the 590 USD check, should be enough to make sure anyone understands that these kids are listed for the sake of the 'all children' on the form, and that they are no conditional children.

You could do something similar, but since your situation is a bit more specific (seeing the adoption and such), you might want to include the extra documents to that and mention those as well in the supplemental letter.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.