Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

BahaChell:

Wondering if you got a good price on the flights being he's leaving so close to the interview (Airline last minute deal maybe?) If so, please let us know which airline you both found to be best as there are a few of us headed back over! I tend to find better deals if they flight is a min of 2 weeks out from the day I book. At any rate, if you didn't get a good deal (aka: expensive lol), then probably a good thing you got 2 jobs sistah! LOL!! Hope his flight is very enjoyable and relaxing because I think he's in for a wild ride when he sees you miss meowie! :whistle::devil:

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

BahaChell:

Wondering if you got a good price on the flights being he's leaving so close to the interview (Airline last minute deal maybe?) If so, please let us know which airline you both found to be best as there are a few of us headed back over! I tend to find better deals if they flight is a min of 2 weeks out from the day I book. At any rate, if you didn't get a good deal (aka: expensive lol), then probably a good thing you got 2 jobs sistah! LOL!! Hope his flight is very enjoyable and relaxing because I think he's in for a wild ride when he sees you miss meowie! :whistle::devil:

LMAO!!! We found deals! $845 for last minute! Onetravel.com he could have come tomorrow for 800 ....Its not bad right now. But check airfrance, KLM...these were to 2 we found deals with too! Luckily I have a man who pulls his weight! I hope he is able to sleep on the flight here:) We got lucky to and found a flight directly into Orlando so that is his POE . Very happy about that. When you heading back??

Filed: Timeline

GUYS!!!

Today Tolga and I were APPROVED!!! We waited 171 days to get that message that our petition was approved. But we are so happy, and NO RFE!! So now we wait on the next step of the process. We know we are not finished yet, but soon we will be together. YAYYYYY!!!! Thanks for all the support. We appreciate it! Thanks Mari for all the awesome visa process advice and direction on here. You've been incredible :) HUGS!

Timeline

(L)Welcome! Come "have a sit down" and share some of your favourite things you love about Turkey! All are welcome here. With love, Mari

(L)

Speaking of.... :P Linguistics! Try wrapping your tongue around the Turkish Native Language. It's a blast!

For my USC friends, who are just learning to speak Turkish like me, I am including these links.

Audio Learners: For me, if I hear it and can sing it (out of tune even!), I can learn it faster. Kinda like a nursery rhyme! http://www.bestfm.com.tr/Best20.aspx Hear the canli yayin (live broadcast or listen to the archives)

Visual Learners: For those who require the visual effects: Try this: http://www.byki.com/fls/FLS.html

And for interactive practice there is:

http://www.turkishcl...nounciation.php

Turkish Food? What's your favourite?

I am new in this forum. I just went to see my hubby last month and I came back 3 days ago. I love your country

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

GUYS!!!

Today Tolga and I were APPROVED!!! We waited 171 days to get that message that our petition was approved. But we are so happy, and NO RFE!! So now we wait on the next step of the process. We know we are not finished yet, but soon we will be together. YAYYYYY!!!! Thanks for all the support. We appreciate it! Thanks Mari for all the awesome visa process advice and direction on here. You've been incredible :) HUGS!

Yeah for Sabrina and Tolga!!!!!

Tebrikler and thank God you had the patience of a SAINT. Sometimes the waiting process can make people CRAZY and IMPATIENT. What they don't realize is, it doesn't speed up the process.

I'm very happy for you and Tolga! Oh! BTW, I saw what your 'future mom inlaw" wrote on your FB page... that was incredibly sweet and welcoming!

You two have fun now and keep really mellow Gurlfriend!

Love ya,

Mariye

PS: Hey flights over there are not too bad! You going to pick up your man after the interview?

Timeline

Excelent Job Mari !!!

Thank you ( but I had a little help from Turkish Class) lol

OK WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Oh ... I just remembered you have a job now! LOL LOL Well? How's it going? You lovin' it?

Hello to RJ Kizzie!!

Love ya both,

Mariye Yenge

Timeline

Thank you ( but I had a little help from Turkish Class) lol

OK WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Oh ... I just remembered you have a job now! LOL LOL Well? How's it going? You lovin' it?

Hello to RJ Kizzie!!

Love ya both,

Mariye Yenge

Hello Mari,

how are you? how is life going on ?

Yes i m working and i love it but i hope i will have a full time opportunity if they are hiring a person for full time

I am also going to attendant an ESL classes on monday i think i will have an exam that they gonna figure out which class i need to be

Herkesin Kurban Bayrami simdiden Mubarek olsun

i know its little bit early but I just want to say Happy Bairam for AmeriTurk Family

We love you too Mari

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

Hello Mari,

how are you? how is life going on ?

Yes i m working and i love it but i hope i will have a full time opportunity if they are hiring a person for full time

I am also going to attendant an ESL classes on monday i think i will have an exam that they gonna figure out which class i need to be

Herkesin Kurban Bayrami simdiden Mubarek olsun

i know its little bit early but I just want to say Happy Bairam for AmeriTurk Family

We love you too Mari

Hey that's great about your new work! The Christmas season is happening soon so many businesses will offer full time "seasonal work" , so maybe you can get a job with a business like this. Ky is doing great and loves his tarla. This is so much better than when he was at usaf base in Baghdad. DANGEROUS there. What's better is that he is there for Baba, who goes back and forth with his illness; but he's stable. At any rate, we're doing great, both working hard and saving.

ESL classes! This is great and will you be going to a Jr College or is this a program they offer through the community? LOL do they have this kind of class for yabanci like me so I can learn to speak Turkish fluently (not broken'ish lol), in Adana? How about Incirlik?

Well, look for me and Ky in your email!

Ask,

Mariye Yenge & Ky

Timeline

Hey that's great about your new work! The Christmas season is happening soon so many businesses will offer full time "seasonal work" , so maybe you can get a job with a business like this. Ky is doing great and loves his tarla. This is so much better than when he was at usaf base in Baghdad. DANGEROUS there. What's better is that he is there for Baba, who goes back and forth with his illness; but he's stable. At any rate, we're doing great, both working hard and saving.

ESL classes! This is great and will you be going to a Jr College or is this a program they offer through the community? LOL do they have this kind of class for yabanci like me so I can learn to speak Turkish fluently (not broken'ish lol), in Adana? How about Incirlik?

Well, look for me and Ky in your email!

Ask,

Mariye Yenge & Ky

Yes i think that will be great for me to having a long term job Yes i will be attendant to an ESL class in a community college I m glad ky and his daddy doing great

I dont think We have a class like that in Turkey...and if there is a class like that its not going to be free and i m sure its expensive as well but you can check a look at it

By the way i did not get anything in the email ? and where are you guys in our facebook group ? :(

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

THIS WILL BE LONG

Mari there are lots of Turkish classes taught in Turkiye but they are usually quite expensive (to Turks and Americans alike). The best classes cost between 1-2k USD and are usually in Ist/Izm and I think they have quite a few like that in Adana. Those classes are usually 6-8 hours a day and very intensive because they are more for expats that moved because of their jobs.The courses typically run about 4-6 weeks although I have seen some for 2 weeks. Your other option is a private tutor which usually runs about 10-20 lira an hour.

While not being as intensive as the aforementioned classes, they are a lot less expensive and you will pick up a lot just by living there. Just make sure you have a tutor that understands the mechanics of the Turkish language and can explain things. I learned a lot by listening (even when I didn't know anything I would just listen to pronounciation) and by "reading" Bulut's newspapers and then ask questions. Make sure you learn how to pronounce everything properly the first time because it can be a pain relearning something. Bulut gave me this GREAT turkish language book except it is so thorough to the point that it seems like it was written for academics because there are NO LESSONS TO TEST YOURSELF! One of my favorite strategies is to EAT. Eat like it's no tomorrow!! Bulut and I usually eat at a restaurant and I always refuse the English version. Sadly I can't remember knife, fork, spoon or plate, but I have you on food :rofl: .

Ohh, play okey if you want to learn turkish text/chat lingo. It is a whole different world. Sadly I thought the way you asked someone how old they were/are is by saying, "yas kac." Turns out that it is an abbreviation and I can't remember the actual phrase to save my life.

:ot: Welcome Evelyn and Tebrikler Tolsab, it goes quickly from here!!!!

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Ashley!

That was the best answer I have read yet regarding Turkish classes and great information! Thank you for this!!! ** I have to say that was written so well, I'd almost have to ask you if you're a 'professional writer' <wink wink> lol

You're the best sister! I love you and all your cats too.

Tessekur Ederim,

Mariye

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the congrats! I have found classes here where I live the same in English for Tolga. He wants to stay busy in the time he is unable to work. And helping me with my daughter will help keep him busy too. We are very much looking forward to getting news on the next step. We have just about everything we need. Only waiting on 1 document then will be here next week. And then I'm shipping it all off to him FedEx. Not taking chances on the US Postal Service. Fast service means hurry up and wait here. lol

Seems you're doing awesome on your lessons. Thanks for the tips. Very helpful ;)

THIS WILL BE LONG

Mari there are lots of Turkish classes taught in Turkiye but they are usually quite expensive (to Turks and Americans alike). The best classes cost between 1-2k USD and are usually in Ist/Izm and I think they have quite a few like that in Adana. Those classes are usually 6-8 hours a day and very intensive because they are more for expats that moved because of their jobs.The courses typically run about 4-6 weeks although I have seen some for 2 weeks. Your other option is a private tutor which usually runs about 10-20 lira an hour.

While not being as intensive as the aforementioned classes, they are a lot less expensive and you will pick up a lot just by living there. Just make sure you have a tutor that understands the mechanics of the Turkish language and can explain things. I learned a lot by listening (even when I didn't know anything I would just listen to pronounciation) and by "reading" Bulut's newspapers and then ask questions. Make sure you learn how to pronounce everything properly the first time because it can be a pain relearning something. Bulut gave me this GREAT turkish language book except it is so thorough to the point that it seems like it was written for academics because there are NO LESSONS TO TEST YOURSELF! One of my favorite strategies is to EAT. Eat like it's no tomorrow!! Bulut and I usually eat at a restaurant and I always refuse the English version. Sadly I can't remember knife, fork, spoon or plate, but I have you on food :rofl: .

Ohh, play okey if you want to learn turkish text/chat lingo. It is a whole different world. Sadly I thought the way you asked someone how old they were/are is by saying, "yas kac." Turns out that it is an abbreviation and I can't remember the actual phrase to save my life.

:ot: Welcome Evelyn and Tebrikler Tolsab, it goes quickly from here!!!!

Timeline

NEW UPDATE AND LONG AGAIN...

Tolsab you're welcome, as everyone here knows Turkish is very hard and isn't something you can pick up in a month. The first time I went I just tried to pick out where words began and ended and after a month I made progress. When I first landed everything sounded like a blur; it is a very uphill battle. OT I sent Bulut's stuff with the USPS and it got there very quickly. I used the insured one with the bells and whistles and it got there super fast. I have even better news, since you all are from Izmir he will probably have his visa in 3 days max. He won't have a long wait! :dance:

I also just found this online thing called conversation exchange. I will have my first lesson with my conversation partner over Skype tomorrow and I hope I make enough progress to string sentences together better than what I am able to now currently. You make a quick online profile (name, location, age, language you speak and want to learn and then a short bio on why you want to learn that language). I simply stated that I preferred a college educated person that could really explain the ins and outs of the myriad questions I have when it comes to the language. I found a guy that graduated from Ist Bilgi Univ., has an MBA and worked in Silicon Valley for a while and at the very least his written English is flawless. (http://www.conversationexchange.com/)

A little tip if you want to find a good partner. State that you are in a relationship up front or in the first message to try and weed out the people looking for dates, look for someone with a solid grasp of Turkish grammar, sentence structure, conjugation (although it is called something else that begins with an "a" but I can't remember), etc. Try to have a partner that can speak English decently only because you will have a hard time explaining how everything works if they can barely understand you and last but not least try to use Skype. We are only using the voice service, so you don't need to be face to face, but it helps a lot when you hear the language. Phonics come very easily once you hear and read everything. After my first month in Turkiye I would read the newspaper to Bulut and not know what the hell I was saying, but just listening and trying so much made the phonics a breeze. I still don't see the letter c the same anymore...

Oh, this whole exchange is free! Yay!!!!

Once again congrats Tolsab and expect to see your hubby sooner rather than later!

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

POE WAS INSANE!!!! He landed at 5:05 and I was there. Waited for 4 and half hours and i was last person in airport. They were closing the shuttle from terminals and i called the immigration office and they said, Everyone is gone. No one is here. I started crying. I had no idea what to do! So i went down to the delta desk because they are linked to airfrance. And the lady says why are you crying. I told her My fiance was suppose to be on airfrance flight. he would have gone through immigration. She said we arent suppose to do this but we are going to see where he is. So she called big boss and he gotinto airfrance records. And said yes he got on flight. He must be here. I was like where?? NO one is in main room . She says relax go walk around. ANd we will call him. Well i had him paged 3 times before no luck. So I walked over to the starbucks because i told him if i miss you somehow go to the starbucks do not leave. We had been checking there all night. We get to the starbucks. I was crying. He was no where. I turned around, and i see him far away from me and he opens his arms. I started crying in relief he was here. I ran to him. He was in immigration when i called. and he had JUST got out. It was insane really!!!

Bahadir and I are really doing great! We have found a great groove at home! We laugh and smile all the time! We are getting married in 1 week~~~wooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.