Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Mari Yenge and Ky :)

Congrats!!! I am so happy for both of you that together now and got married!!

so impatient to see pics have you get henna night ?I hope you had this experience its awesome and fun

I would say Allah bir yastikta gocatsin :) haha ask your Ky i have no idea how to translate that word to english

Do not eat too much Mari you gonna be so fat :)) pide and kebabs are make us fat and of course ekmek :)

haha thats cute you adopt a kitty and gave a nice name which is Nazar...

Yes it is almost winter time in turkey that might be chilly then cold...

By the way my pc got a virus i cant get online all the time trying to clean it up and i had an interview with UPS it was ok but they need to check of my background so they said it will take awhile

i m just waiting we will see whats gonna happen

Michele,

hahaha Mari , Michele does not need to Bring mosquito repellent or ointment to stop the itching from the bites.

Izmir does not have mosquito like you will feel bothered.

Adana and Izmir having different type of weather

Yes most of pepole are not using in turkey Ice even in the restaurant they wont offer you as long as you did not ask for it

Michele he really does not need to look so formal at the interview he can wear jean and shirt but i would suggest him to wear a nice cloth of course i dont mean a suit

Thank you for blessıngs! We have spent the last week doıng more and more papers, more than I'd lıke to thınk about! We are now offıcıal on the Nufus Kayıt Ornegı and Ky got a new ID card wıth 'Evlİ' ın the lıttle box. He says, 'Thıs card good card... you see? It says Evli now' lol. We stıll have to go and get the TR apostıle and from the US Consulate hıs document for the US TIN number (for taxes). I got my TR 'yabancı' number so we could open our bank account here. The Gov't offıces here have been really good to us and whıle there can be a lıttle bıt of runnıng around to locate exactly where we are suppose to go, our requests are satısfıed.

OK I love the fresh breads here and kavaltı ıs my favourıte meal. We went to a really good restaurant and Ky dıd ask for ıce for me. They brought us a lıttle bowl of ıt, whıch ıs the MOST ıce I have seen ın thıs country ever! So, I took a pıc of ıt because I am certaın I wıll never see that much around here agaın. lol

We went to Ky's tarla (fıeld) last nıght and had a sıt down (cay and baklava) wıth Bıg Baba (owner of farmland). Bıg Baba has Kongals and Ky lıttle bıt afraıd of them... they loved me on the other hand as I fed them baklava and nıcely petted theır ears. So when Ky trıed to come close to me? They would guard me! lol He had me stop so he could show me the fıstık (peanuts to yankees). They grow ın the ground lıke root vegs and he plucked a plant out so I could taste them. Really good raw! Sınce ıt was dark somethıng moved ın the plants whıch I screamed and jumped and so dıd Ky! LOL LOL

I have to go as I am beıng called for famıly dınner....

Love to all,

Marıye Yenge and Ky

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Mari Yenge and Ky :)

Congrats!!! I am so happy for both of you that together now and got married!!

so impatient to see pics have you get henna night ?I hope you had this experience its awesome and fun

I would say Allah bir yastikta gocatsin :) haha ask your Ky i have no idea how to translate that word to english

Do not eat too much Mari you gonna be so fat :)) pide and kebabs are make us fat and of course ekmek :)

haha thats cute you adopt a kitty and gave a nice name which is Nazar...

Yes it is almost winter time in turkey that might be chilly then cold...

By the way my pc got a virus i cant get online all the time trying to clean it up and i had an interview with UPS it was ok but they need to check of my background so they said it will take awhile

i m just waiting we will see whats gonna happen

Michele,

hahaha Mari Michele does not need to Bring mosquito repellent or ointment to stop the itching from the bites.

Izmir does not have mosquito like you will feel bothered.

Adana and Izmir having different type of weather

Yes most of pepole are not using in turkey Ice even in the restaurant they wont offer you as long as you did not ask for it

Michele he really does not need to look so formal at the interview he can wear jean and shirt but i would suggest him to wear a nice cloth of course i dont mean a suit

Thanks! Yes he and I were talking about interview outfit. He is always thinking what his clothes look like. So ready for these 22 days to pass!!!!! Thanks and that sucks about your computer!!! :( BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Timeline

Thank you for blessıngs! We have spent the last week doıng more and more papers, more than I'd lıke to thınk about! We are now offıcıal on the Nufus Kayıt Ornegı and Ky got a new ID card wıth 'Evlİ' ın the lıttle box. He says, 'Thıs card good card... you see? It says Evli now' lol. We stıll have to go and get the TR apostıle and from the US Consulate hıs document for the US TIN number (for taxes). I got my TR 'yabancı' number so we could open our bank account here. The Gov't offıces here have been really good to us and whıle there can be a lıttle bıt of runnıng around to locate exactly where we are suppose to go, our requests are satısfıed.

OK I love the fresh breads here and kavaltı ıs my favourıte meal. We went to a really good restaurant and Ky dıd ask for ıce for me. They brought us a lıttle bowl of ıt, whıch ıs the MOST ıce I have seen ın thıs country ever! So, I took a pıc of ıt because I am certaın I wıll never see that much around here agaın. lol

We went to Ky's tarla (fıeld) last nıght and had a sıt down (cay and baklava) wıth Bıg Baba (owner of farmland). Bıg Baba has Kongals and Ky lıttle bıt afraıd of them... they loved me on the other hand as I fed them baklava and nıcely petted theır ears. So when Ky trıed to come close to me? They would guard me! lol He had me stop so he could show me the fıstık (peanuts to yankees). They grow ın the ground lıke root vegs and he plucked a plant out so I could taste them. Really good raw! Sınce ıt was dark somethıng moved ın the plants whıch I screamed and jumped and so dıd Ky! LOL LOL

I have to go as I am beıng called for famıly dınner....

Love to all,

Marıye Yenge and Ky

Hey Mari,

do not worry everything will go fast in turkey bec our goverment is working faster enough than USA goverment.

Hhahah yes this little box says Evli which is means married.Ohh yummy i missed the way having turkish breakfast

but i would warn you about having tea and baklava at the same time gonna make you have diarrhea lol lol

Im so happy mari you both having good time ohh i have got a Kangal long time ago and i m sure Ky is know that Sivas is the city at Turkey Where pure blood Kangals growing up so its also where my dad born so i know everything about Kangals they are huge dogs

@ Michele,

You are welcome!! let Bahadir to relax everything will go smooth and good its almost there i know its exciting at the same time nerveous but he will be fine...

Michele i will ask you a favor if also its ok with bahadir to bring me some stuff (clothes,soup)from my family ?

of course if he has enough place in his bag ?

Thank you

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

KD

İ am laughıng bc I know what you mean when you say brıng your clothes and soup from your famıly. I already am brıngıng home 3 corba packets even ıf I make most of mıne by scratch. Today, I am learnıng to make etmek on an open fıre and thıs thıng ıs not easy to roll! However, I look cute ın my Adana Shalvars and yalık. lol I was outsıde wıth all hıs sısters and cousıns rollıng out these bread and Ky came back from outsıde found me workıng (learnıng thıs skıll), whıch he was quıte surprısed and smılıng! LOL We have pıcs.

Hıs brother ıs gettıng marrıed Cumartesı and so thıs entıre famıly of 1000 (no joke) has been comıng over and they keep on comıng... omg. Sheesh our marrıage (was quıet) & was nothıng lıke thıs thıng they're plannıng. What ıs trıppıng me out ıs the famıly has been ıncreasıng daıly and I feel lıke I have met the entıre natıon of Turkey thıs far!

OK so I am beıng called to eat famıly lunch ( there are at least 30 people here)

More later!

Timeline

Hey Mari,

do not worry everything will go fast in turkey bec our goverment is working faster enough than USA goverment.

Hhahah yes this little box says Evli which is means married.Ohh yummy i missed the way having turkish breakfast

but i would warn you about having tea and baklava at the same time gonna make you have diarrhea lol lol

Im so happy mari you both having good time ohh i have got a Kangal long time ago and i m sure Ky is know that Sivas is the city at Turkey Where pure blood Kangals growing up so its also where my dad born so i know everything about Kangals they are huge dogs

@ Michele,

You are welcome!! let Bahadir to relax everything will go smooth and good its almost there i know its exciting at the same time nerveous but he will be fine...

Michele i will ask you a favor if also its ok with bahadir to bring me some stuff (clothes,soup)from my family ?

of course if he has enough place in his bag ?

Thank you

You can email him if you would like! bahadir.guler@hotmail.com

He is going tomorrow to pay the 350 to the bank and we are 19 days away! I cant believe its coming!!!! I am jumping around the house like a little girl!!!

Timeline

You can email him if you would like! bahadir.guler@hotmail.com

He is going tomorrow to pay the 350 to the bank and we are 19 days away! I cant believe its coming!!!! I am jumping around the house like a little girl!!!

Hi Michele,

I told you so the days are going to fly its just 2 weeks :) thank you so much i emailed to bahadir see if its ok with him to bring me some little stuff if he has enough place to put in..

i also gave him some advice about clothes at the interview :)

by the way I m going to work next week in the UPS its just a part time and a seasonal job but i need to begin from somewhere so its gonna be a good reference for me to having a future jobs

Michele i hope i did not make you feel offended about FB account bec i wanted to keep the one i opened as i said i m not really good in fb to put some stuff or write if we can do it together slow by slow so i can let our friends to know to add us could you please help me when u have time ?

thank you so much

ROC

Timeline

Hi Michele,

I told you so the days are going to fly its just 2 weeks :) thank you so much i emailed to bahadir see if its ok with him to bring me some little stuff if he has enough place to put in..

i also gave him some advice about clothes at the interview :)

by the way I m going to work next week in the UPS its just a part time and a seasonal job but i need to begin from somewhere so its gonna be a good reference for me to having a future jobs

Michele i hope i did not make you feel offended about FB account bec i wanted to keep the one i opened as i said i m not really good in fb to put some stuff or write if we can do it together slow by slow so i can let our friends to know to add us could you please help me when u have time ?

thank you so much

Hey! You did not offend me!!!! I just have been having busy days!! Definitely will get things going on there....Congrats on the job! Its a great way to get your foot in the door to work with them long term. Go in and wow them!! Your my Abi! :)no worries

Timeline

Hey! You did not offend me!!!! I just have been having busy days!! Definitely will get things going on there....Congrats on the job! Its a great way to get your foot in the door to work with them long term. Go in and wow them!! Your my Abi! :)no worries

Thank you michele you are my yenge as well :) i think you already know what does yenge means ?

Yenge is that we called the wife of our brothers ;)

Yes i wish i can have long term i m going to work at the airport on the hub

No worries i just dont want you to missunderstand me thats it.

im glad you are fine about it

Mari,

I am so happy things are going well there!! i wish we gonna hear another good news

keep in touch

Melbar,

Brooo where are you!! how u doing ?

you suppose to share your flight experience to Turkey lol

ROC

Timeline

Hi All!

I'm back and getting used to the normal keyboard on my laptop again lol. Flight was relatively easy coming back and found myself sleeping 90% of it. I'm really going to take that route everytime (LAX direct to IST). Turkish airline was very good as well. On my way over they gave me the last seat in the plane and didn't assign anyone next to me so I was able to use both seats and sleep across them. I think I mentioned that Melbar was leaving Adana literally within 10 mins of my arrival. We didn't catch up at all which is ashame bc Ky and I would have liked to see him.

OK so I am good at making etmek on an open fire (ha ha.. NOT). You know that really takes some skill to roll that 3' diameter thing out. One thing I am good at is eating it though.

@ Tolsab: It was good to hear from you Sabrina and Tolga!

@Melbar: WHERE ARE YOU?

Everybody have a good day.

Mariye yenge

Timeline

Hello everybody!!

Hows everybody doing ?

As you know i was planing to open a facebook account for AmeriturkFamily we opened it with michele but still needs to be update and build it.

I just want to share the link by now if you would like to add

http://www.facebook.com/#!/AmeriTurkFamily

Regards

ROC

Timeline

OK now that we're married....

Why do I feel overwhelmed again with new paperwork? LOL The reality check is that I have other things on my plate that has been eating up my time (deal with them one by one, right?) Anyways, I have been trying to put new pic but I can't bc VJ says pic too big. Anyone know how to load them on here?

@ KD and Rj: Did you say that you were going back to visit Izmir? Or, was I dreaming (I still have jet lag I think).

@ Baris: How's work going?! Ky still wants to hear from you so if you still have his number, give him a call. In fact, he asked about you (he thought you were still there in Karatas).

@ Bahachelle: Hey your days are numbered missy! Interview comin.... You two ready?

@ Jen (Tuana): When you get there would you be so divine and eat an simit for me? LOL!! You know I've been there twice and twice I have didn't get one? Instead, I prefer pide and those fresh big crusty loaves that are chewy on the inside. Oh, and Adana Belediye ... expect the official who has to stamp your final doc "to be having a sit down, come back in 3 hours"... only to find out when you do, they tell you come back tomorrow! We figured when they have a sit down, so do we and go have cay and food somewhere by the lake.

@ Kelly: Now things should move easily for you two! Very happy for you gurlfriend!!

@ Tolsab: Do you have jet lag too?

@ Anybody who is new to the Turkish Forum: Welcome to the Kahvesi Thread!!

Mariye Yenge

Timeline

Why do I feel overwhelmed again with new paperwork? LOL The reality check is that I have other things on my plate that has been eating up my time (deal with them one by one, right?) Anyways, I have been trying to put new pic but I can't bc VJ says pic too big. Anyone know how to load them on here?

@ KD and Rj: Did you say that you were going back to visit Izmir? Or, was I dreaming (I still have jet lag I think).

@ Baris: How's work going?! Ky still wants to hear from you so if you still have his number, give him a call. In fact, he asked about you (he thought you were still there in Karatas).

@ Bahachelle: Hey your days are numbered missy! Interview comin.... You two ready?

@ Jen (Tuana): When you get there would you be so divine and eat an simit for me? LOL!! You know I've been there twice and twice I have didn't get one? Instead, I prefer pide and those fresh big crusty loaves that are chewy on the inside. Oh, and Adana Belediye ... expect the official who has to stamp your final doc "to be having a sit down, come back in 3 hours"... only to find out when you do, they tell you come back tomorrow! We figured when they have a sit down, so do we and go have cay and food somewhere by the lake.

@ Kelly: Now things should move easily for you two! Very happy for you gurlfriend!!

Mariye Yenge

YES!!! We are ready! 11 days!!!! So happy we are so close! Bahadir is a very detailed person, he has a amazing package to take with him to the interview!!! His english is amazing! Working 12 hour days and teaching himself english shows how he can mutitask!:)

Mari I would love to hear your review of the embassy!!! ANd yes you have to size your photos down, Its why i only have a few photos on my page! Add me to facebook Michele Meow! I am so excited to see your wedding photos! We plan on going back in year after he is here and get married in Turkey! We have a small wedding planned here on a private beach at sunset!

We have another AMeri Turk couple doing their interview the same day as us! We have become friends with them and very excited! Fingers crossed !!!!

Filed: Timeline

Busy Busy Mari! Gosh...so much happening for you. And YES...if I could only sleep past 4:30am...I'd be dialed in! This is the worst case of jet lag I've ever had. GEEZ! I ate the heck out of some simit this time. Tolga said I looked like a homeless person eating for the first time. hahahaha.

Happy new life to you. And don't sweat the paperwork...I have a feeling all will be well in Mari & Kadir world ;)

HUGS TO YOU!!

Mariye Yenge

Hello everyone.

My name is veronica and I've been on this board a tiny bit. Can (my fiance)and I were very thankful for your help throughout our petition filing. Now we are at the consulate stage waiting for an interview date. We sent our papers to the embassy in Ankara September 26. Is anyone at the same stage? I checked the timelines--I know not everyone is updating this, so it can't be totally reliable.

We are just trying to understand when our interview date might be---this is seriously killing us to wait. I've read on the k-1 progress folder that someone mentioned being able to call the ankara office and get the interview date over the phone before the e-mail is sent. I tried calling and got the same answer every time: "we are reviewing your case and we will send an e-mail when we have your interview date".

Time is ticking by--I would really hate to wait until next year for an interview date. Can some of you share your NVC filing dates and when you got your interviews? I'm looking for recent NVC filers--like between August and September...

Thanks!

Timeline

Hello everyone.

My name is veronica and I've been on this board a tiny bit. Can (my fiance)and I were very thankful for your help throughout our petition filing. Now we are at the consulate stage waiting for an interview date. We sent our papers to the embassy in Ankara September 26. Is anyone at the same stage? I checked the timelines--I know not everyone is updating this, so it can't be totally reliable.

We are just trying to understand when our interview date might be---this is seriously killing us to wait. I've read on the k-1 progress folder that someone mentioned being able to call the ankara office and get the interview date over the phone before the e-mail is sent. I tried calling and got the same answer every time: "we are reviewing your case and we will send an e-mail when we have your interview date".

Time is ticking by--I would really hate to wait until next year for an interview date. Can some of you share your NVC filing dates and when you got your interviews? I'm looking for recent NVC filers--like between August and September...

Thanks!

Hi veronica!

Welcome! Bahadir and I got our interview notice in august, our interview was set on october 27. We called and asked why so far away (85days) they informed us because of all the holidays in turkey the end of the year they have less staff. Our NOA2 expired on october 6th, but yet we got date of october 27. They said they would extend our priority date. If you look at the ankara embassy website and look at the interview schedule you will notice that there are weeks with no interviews:( you may get lucky and get towards the end of december (depends on your priority date), we waited 3 weeks for our date. You will get soon and I understand how it hurts to wait. Our interview takes place 1 year since we sent in our petition, understand how you guys feel. You will get soon!!! Best of luck!!!!

Michele& Bahadir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.