Brusik

NVC Center Documents

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I was wonder why NVC center needs all the original documents of the Beneficiary.

I sent all these to the UCSIS. When the I-130 is approved do they return the documents to me or

do they forward them to the NVC. I was looking at the IV package they want mailed and all these documents

are at the UCSIS.

Does UCSIS return anything to me??

USCIS forwards the file to NVC; nothing is returned to you, you jut receive the NOA2.

USCIS only requires photocopies of documents, NVC asks for originals unless they specify otherwise. What are they asking for?

I was wonder why NVC center needs all the original documents of the Beneficiary.

I sent all these to the UCSIS. When the I-130 is approved do they return the documents to me or

do they forward them to the NVC. I was looking at the IV package they want mailed and all these documents

are at the UCSIS.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

good question!

I know that the I-130 doesn't require the beneficiary's birth certificate, so that's one thing that the NVC would need differently besides the documents in the I-130. Well, and they require the original/certified marriage document in the NVC stage. Not sure if you get things back from the USCIS especially since you have to make other sets of the package.

Have you sent off your I-130 pkg yet?

are at the UCSIS.

07-23-2008 - Met in San Isidro, Nicaragua.

10-11-2008 - Officially Dating!

07-09-2009 - Engaged!

05-22-2010 - Married in San Isidro, Nicaragua!

**USCIS** 132 Days

11-29-2010 - Mailed I-130 Package.

12-01-2010 - I-130 Confirmation Delieverd to Lockbox; NOA1 Priority Date

12-13-2010 - Email Notification from USCIS for NOA1. Off to California!

12-14-2010 - Check for I-130 Package Cleared.

12-17-2010 - NOA1 (Hard Copy) Received.

02-28-2011 - Touch (For Entering Case Number into System)

03-18-2011 - Visited Hubby in Nicaragua for 9 Days

04-12-2011 - NOA2 ~ 132 DAYS!!!

04-13-2011 - NOA2 Notification Email

04-16-2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy Arrives

**NVC** 39 Days

04-25-2011 - NVC Received; Case Number Assigned

04-27-2011 - DS3032 Emailed from Petitioner and Beneficiary; Receipt Notice Received

04-28-2011 - AOS Bill Generated and Paid

04-29-2011 - IV Bill Generated

04-30-2011 - AOS Bill Cleared

05-03-2011 - IV Bill Paid

05-05-2011 - IV Bill Cleared; AOS and IV Packages Sent

05-09-2011 - AOS and IV Packages Delivery Confirmation

06-03-2011 - NVC Approval; Case Complete!

06-09-2011 - Interview Date Assigned!

06-30-2011 - Medical, 2pm --PASSED!

07-06-2011 - Interview, 8am

07-13-2011 - Pick Up Visa and Passport

07-14-2011 - POE, PASSED

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I did send the I-130. They received November 29th. They have all the original documents. NVC wants everything I sent to USCIS for my wife. DOB, Divorce, Etc. They also ask for Police Report. When I put my package together for the DS-230 and IV package they ask for all these documents. If USCIS forwards to them why are they asking me to send again??

11. Paying IV Fee Bill Online & Sending IV Package (DS-230)

a. Time to pay your IV Fee Bill

Important note: Do not pay the IV Fee Bill until you have received the bill, via email, from NVC. If you have not received an email within 1-2 days (after it displays as available to be paid), contact NVC to ensure the bill is ready to be paid.

You should keep checking the website in item #9 to find out when the IV Fee Bill is available online to be PAID

Once you have PAID the IV fee bill, in a couple of days it will post as PAID on the website.

Print the bar-coded sheet from the IV fee bill website and include in your IV package and overnight it to NVC.

If you are unable to pay your IV Fee Bill online, you will have to wait for the bill from NVC, and pay it via mail.

b. Send your IV Package (USPS Express mail gives tracking and essentially insures delivery)

Below are the package contents:

BARCODED Cover Sheet (to be printed from web when your status is PAID online for IV bill)

You OWN cover sheet listing what documents are in the package, so they're easy for the reviewer to locate

Completed DS-230 part I & II and ONLY part I signed by beneficiary.

Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page.

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate.

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate.

Original police certificates of the beneficiary.

Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable.

Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable.

Make 2 extra copies of this package. Send 1 copy to the beneficiary Once everything has been sent in, it's time to wait.

Send the package to:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.