kaydee457

Replying to ones own post causes an edit of the original post

23 posts in this topic

I dunno, no spell check either. !

Spell check function is now available :yes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I certainly don't see this as a new option but rather an impediment.....or is it impedement? I dunno, no spell check either. !

care to elaborate why this is an impediment??

It's annoying.

And it's an impediment when, for clarity, I want to make two distinct points in two distinct posts. So what if they're consecutive? Why should that matter?

I agree! I think it's very annoying and I like to quote one person and respond in a post and then quote another person and respond in a seperate post. It gets real confusing when the posts are long with multiple quotes and responses all jumbled up in one post!

Ok let's try something here....

I'm attempting to see if it makes any diff if you send a post by clicking on the "Add Reply" that's located on the very top and bottom of each PAGE rather than clicking on the "Reply" that's located to the bottom right of each POST.

I am now posting post #1 after clicking on Add Reply at the top of the PAGE...

Now again after clicking on the Add Reply on the top of the page...is this a different, separate post?

* nope. Dayum...doesn't appear to be a way around it...

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Darn it I missed ya Agent Smith! haha

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's not a bug, it's a feature...

I don't know if I like it or not, but if it posts the quotes properly then I guess it doesn't matter.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I don't know if you meant that as a joke, but I think I read that in some office joke list to refer to something when it doesn't work right as a feature, not a bug.

I had what you are all talking about happen to me a few minutes ago. I posted something and thought of something else to post on the subject and the two were combined, so the reply worked more as an edit.

So if I understand everyone this will only happen when the posts are right after each other, no one else has posted and within 5 minutes of the first post? Otherwise, no problem?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if you meant that as a joke, but I think I read that in some office joke list to refer to something when it doesn't work right as a feature, not a bug.

I had what you are all talking about happen to me a few minutes ago. I posted something and thought of something else to post on the subject and the two were combined, so the reply worked more as an edit.

So if I understand everyone this will only happen when the posts are right after each other, no one else has posted and within 5 minutes of the first post? Otherwise, no problem?

yes sir.... :yes::thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif