pookaphilus

DECEMBER 2010 AOS Filers

589 posts in this topic

I am not sure why people haven't already applied for a SSN, I applied not long after we got married. I had to wait a while as it is related to your I-94 being placed into the system so for those who haven' applied yet & do now, you will get it really quickly as there has been a good amount of time from POE to now. Go online for the Social Security applying details, its pretty easy.

As for transfer, it can be either a slower process without interview or not, no rhyme or reason really.

I don't have my ssn either. There is a reason for this. Some offices say you can't get it until you are able to work which is false but you keep getting no's and its frustrating. So it happens . And if your I94 is expired if its 2 weeks before expiration then u have to wait. So yes that's why some people don't have it.

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Just been looking at my I-94 in my passport.

Its stamped K1 entry date Aug 4th 2010 but they have given me till Nov 3 2011. Is this normal or a mistake?

The k1 visa was stamped only for 3 months tho, as you would expect

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Just been looking at my I-94 in my passport.

Its stamped K1 entry date Aug 4th 2010 but they have given me till Nov 3 2011. Is this normal or a mistake?

The k1 visa was stamped only for 3 months tho, as you would expect

We POE'd on the same day!

I think yours is wrong though - it's supposed be valied for 3 months. Mine expired Nov 3 2010.

I don't have my ssn either. There is a reason for this. Some offices say you can't get it until you are able to work which is false but you keep getting no's and its frustrating. So it happens . And if your I94 is expired if its 2 weeks before expiration then u have to wait. So yes that's why some people don't have it.

That seems strange, I got my information off of another topic on here saying that you can apply for your SSN & how to do it. They had a printout pdf that had a directive relating to K applicants & I took all of it to my local SSN office in November last year & at first they couldn't find me in the system. Then I received notice at the end of the month that my application had gone through.

Went to the office & was able to get a temp number (piece of paper with your actual number on it) & about 2 weeks after the actual card showed up.

It is strange, & frustrating I agree.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Re: SS process - likewise! We received conflicting information about the process and then when we discovered the wealth of information on VJ, we were within the last 2 weeks of my husband's 1-94 expiring and the clerk said "no can do."

My issue is that the 2-week cut-off is not clear from the SSA website. How should folks know NOT to apply for a SS within that 2-week period? Now I'm stressing about filing taxes because one of my Ethiopian colleagues mentioned that my husband needs a SS card for me to claim him on my taxes. Is that true?

I'm hoping that when he gets his EAD, we'll be able to get his SS or is that even wishful thinking???!!!

We POE'd on the same day!

I think yours is wrong though - it's supposed be valied for 3 months. Mine expired Nov 3 2010.

Dont think its a big issue.

My POE was Dublin , if you dont mind me asking where was yours?

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

That seems strange, I got my information off of another topic on here saying that you can apply for your SSN & how to do it. They had a printout pdf that had a directive relating to K applicants & I took all of it to my local SSN office in November last year & at first they couldn't find me in the system. Then I received notice at the end of the month that my application had gone through.

Went to the office & was able to get a temp number (piece of paper with your actual number on it) & about 2 weeks after the actual card showed up.

It is strange, & frustrating I agree.

Yes like I said you are completelyable to apply for if ssn when u get here. As long as it is before the 2 weeks before expiration. Your ssn office was competent enough to know this. Mine and many others are not. You have to fuss and fight with some of these people. I expect problems when I go to apply for it with my ead but this time I will demand a supervisor and I will get it

Re: SS process - likewise! We received conflicting information about the process and then when we discovered the wealth of information on VJ, we were within the last 2 weeks of my husband's 1-94 expiring and the clerk said "no can do."

My issue is that the 2-week cut-off is not clear from the SSA website. How should folks know NOT to apply for a SS within that 2-week period? Now I'm stressing about filing taxes because one of my Ethiopian colleagues mentioned that my husband needs a SS card for me to claim him on my taxes. Is that true?

I'm hoping that when he gets his EAD, we'll be able to get his SS or is that even wishful thinking???!!!

In regards to claiming your husband on your taxes I am not sure if it is different in every state but my husband called and asked this question. They said I did not need an ssn. They give you a temporary filing number. So call and ask I hope u get the same answer :)

Ps I got my ead in the mail today! Yay!

Wow - congrats MeggyMo on getting your EAD:) You must feel elated!

Thanks too for the advice, I'll call them tomorrow!

Yea im pretty excited! Hey no problem let me know what they say :)

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

SOOO HAPPY THIS MORNING! Just got a txtmsg and email from USCIS about my interview, scheduled for March 21st! Happy it was not scheduled for first weeks of March as I will be in Brazil enjoying Carnival!!! Sooo Happy!! Good luck to everyone here!!!

SOOO HAPPY THIS MORNING! Just got a txtmsg and email from USCIS about my interview, scheduled for March 21st! Happy it was not scheduled for first weeks of March as I will be in Brazil enjoying Carnival!!! Sooo Happy!! Good luck to everyone here!!!

Congratulations, hope it all goes well & smoothly for you.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Ooooh...congratulations!! So exciting!!

Got a second touch on my EAD today, which I think means progress :) I've applied for 10 jobs since it was approved...blush.gif one rejection so far, but that means 9 non-rejections :D

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.