10 posts in this topic

I really don't understand why we got this RFE because I provided the things they asked for and also some of it don't make sense. Here's a copy and paste of the RFE, I'm freaking out a bit so anyone who can help me figure this out please help relieve some stress for us!

Is there some way to get out of this by calling NVC or am I gonna have to send it all over again, or just the information they included here, they act like I didn't send an I-864 and yet I did with all financial doc's that i had available to give, and I heard here on visa journey that other netherlands filers didn't have to initiate getting a police certificate, because applicant's can't personally request them.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: (it said Beneficiary name here)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and

supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in

your response or you have not responded to some questions.

Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to

complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the

Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new

completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete

the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the

Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,

please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in

the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

______NETHERLANDS POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________

Available. Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States

Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed. Any certificate presented directly

by applicants cannot be accepted. To request a police record, the visa processing post should send an

email to the Consulate General in Amsterdam at ImmigrantVisasAMS@state.gov. The request must

include:

Applicant's full name(s) including aliases:

Date, city/town and country of birth;

Complete address of last residence in The Netherlands.

Checklist for I-864A (filed by Co-sponsor name here)

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is required to

complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or incomplete

documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes

noted below. Please provide all requested documents and refer to page two for mailing instructions.

Supporting Documents missing or incomplete

[x] You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor.

here's the personal checklist I provided in the NVC packet typed up in a letter but just posted the items here for reference:

NVC Cover letter with Barcode

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support

Form I-864A Contract between Sponsor and Household Member

Birth Certificate of petitioner (Copy of Certified Copy from USCIS case)

Birth Certificate of co-sponsor (Certified copy and scanned copy)

Drivers License’s of “petitioner and co-sponsor” (scanned copy)

-As proof of same Residence

Financial Documents for I-864: (listed in order)

-Tax transcripts (proof of nonfiling for 2009, 2008, 2007)

-Weekly Pay stubs since June 1, 2010 (5 months)

- typed Formal Letter explaining reason for non-filing and current job description

Financial Documents for I-864A: (listed in order)

Tax transcripts (for 2009, 2008, 2007)

W2 (for 2009, 2008, 2007)

Bi-Weekly Pay stubs since June 3, 2010 (6 months)

checklist of the DS-230 that I provided for them in the NVC IV and AOS packet

-Birth Certificate of “beneficiary” ( Original International birth certificate and scanned copy)

-Passport biographic page of “beneficiary" (scanned copy)

-Marriage Certificate of “petitioner and beneficiary” (Original and scanned copy)

-Two Passport style Photograph’s of “beneficiary”

Additional documents for DS-230:

Attachment sheet #1 (Question 32: List below all employment for the last ten years.)

Attachment sheet #2 (Question 33: List below all educational Institutions attended.)

This is the information on Netherlands police records from NVC website and amsterdam consulate

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3634

Police Records

Available. Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed. Any certificate presented directly by applicants cannot be accepted. To request a police record, the visa processing post should send an email to the Consulate General in Amsterdam at ImmigrantVisasAMS@state.gov. The request must include:

I already sent them proof of my relationship to my mom which seems stupid as to why they would send this, I gave them birth certificates and drivers licence copies of both of us, what else do they want regarding this as we are both USC?

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-04-10 Packet I-130 mailed.

05-06-10 Packet I-130 Arrived.

05-11-10 Packet I-130 Received by USCIS.

05-13-10 Touched.

05-17-10 NOA 1 Hardcopy Received.

11-03-10 Touched. Approved.

11-22-10 NOA2 hardcopy received.

NVC

11-04-10 DS-3032, I-864 Bill received.

11-04-10 E-mailed DS-3032.

11-05-10 DS-3032 Received.

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

11-13-10 Sent IV and AOS.

11-15-10 IV and AOS Received.

11-30-10 IV and AOS in NVC system.

12-10-10 RFE.

12-11-10 Sent requested documents.

12-13-10 Documents arrived @ NVC.

01-10-11 Case complete at NVC.

Consulate

02-09-11 Husbands Medical Exam.

02-14-11 Interview. Approved.

5-14-11 POE

(Join the conversation! :) )

May 2010 CR-1/IR-1 Filers Thread

“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (Corinthians 13:4-7)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay, step 1: Breathe.

Step 2: If you sent a lot of this stuff already it's possible they are just dumb. I got three checklists from NVC all for stuff they'd already gotten from me. When I responded to them by resending the specific info requested, they opened my closed case, then closed it two weeks later each time.

I would suggest calling them and pointing out the page number (if you numbered your pages) where they can find the requested information.

The irritating part is that you probably can't just email the documents to them.

Edit: forgot to add, hang in there young lady!

Edited by solteq

Tracking Sheet

03/31/2010 Married

USCIS - CSC

04/24/2010 Sent

04/25/2010 Received

04/29/2010 NOA1

05/12/2010 Touched

09/29/2010 called CIS, was told to wait 27 days

09/29/2010 contacted Congressman

10/05/2010 Touched, probably as a result of contacting Congressman

10/06/2010 NOA2 Approved after 160 days

NVC

10/12/2010 Received

10/13/2010 NVC Case # Assigned, Called NVC and gave them beneficiary email

10/14/2010 Sent COA Email, Received IIN, Received AOS Invoice, Paid AOS

10/18/2010 AOS status "PAID," Sent AOS packet, IV paid (not sure where the invoice went)

10/19/2010 IV Payment status "PAID!" Still no sign of the DS-3032 acceptance or IV payment invoice.

10/27/2010 Sent IV Packet

11/02/2010 Received request for IV packet; re-sent IV packet.

11/04/2010 SIF, Case Complete After 23 days

11/29/2010 NVC decides to give me the finger; case reopened and closed.

12/13/2010 Interview Assigned (5 weeks after initial NVC completion)

01/18/2011 Visa Interview

I really don't understand why we got this RFE because I provided the things they asked for and also some of it don't make sense. Here's a copy and paste of the RFE, I'm freaking out a bit so anyone who can help me figure this out please help relieve some stress for us!

Is there some way to get out of this by calling NVC or am I gonna have to send it all over again, or just the information they included here, they act like I didn't send an I-864 and yet I did with all financial doc's that i had available to give, and I heard here on visa journey that other netherlands filers didn't have to initiate getting a police certificate, because applicant's can't personally request them.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: (it said Beneficiary name here)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

address provided.

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and

supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in

your response or you have not responded to some questions.

Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to

complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the

Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new

completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete

the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the

Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,

please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in

the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

address provided.

______NETHERLANDS POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________

Available. Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States

Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed. Any certificate presented directly

by applicants cannot be accepted. To request a police record, the visa processing post should send an

email to the Consulate General in Amsterdam at ImmigrantVisasAMS@state.gov. The request must

include:

Checklist for I-864A (filed by Co-sponsor name here)

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is required to

complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or incomplete

documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes

noted below. Please provide all requested documents and refer to page two for mailing instructions.

Supporting Documents missing or incomplete

[x] You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor.

here's the personal checklist I provided in the NVC packet typed up in a letter but just posted the items here for reference:

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support

Form I-864A Contract between Sponsor and Household Member

Birth Certificate of petitioner (Copy of Certified Copy from USCIS case)

Birth Certificate of co-sponsor (Certified copy and scanned copy)

Drivers License’s of “petitioner and co-sponsor” (scanned copy)

-As proof of same Residence

Financial Documents for I-864: (listed in order)

-Tax transcripts (proof of nonfiling for 2009, 2008, 2007)

-Weekly Pay stubs since June 1, 2010 (5 months)

- typed Formal Letter explaining reason for non-filing and current job description

Financial Documents for I-864A: (listed in order)

Tax transcripts (for 2009, 2008, 2007)

W2 (for 2009, 2008, 2007)

Bi-Weekly Pay stubs since June 3, 2010 (6 months)

checklist of the DS-230 that I provided for them in the NVC IV and AOS packet

-Birth Certificate of “beneficiary” ( Original International birth certificate and scanned copy)

-Passport biographic page of “beneficiary" (scanned copy)

-Marriage Certificate of “petitioner and beneficiary” (Original and scanned copy)

-Two Passport style Photograph’s of “beneficiary”

Additional documents for DS-230:

Attachment sheet #1 (Question 32: List below all employment for the last ten years.)

Attachment sheet #2 (Question 33: List below all educational Institutions attended.)

This is the information on Netherlands police records from NVC website and amsterdam consulate

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3634

Police Records

Available. Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed. Any certificate presented directly by applicants cannot be accepted. To request a police record, the visa processing post should send an email to the Consulate General in Amsterdam at ImmigrantVisasAMS@state.gov. The request must include:

I already sent them proof of my relationship to my mom which seems stupid as to why they would send this, I gave them birth certificates and drivers licence copies of both of us, what else do they want regarding this as we are both USC?

okay I called NVC and they were helpful, but it's still stupid, they said hubby has to call "police station" to request police certificate but he's going to just call consulate and inquire about it on monday, since their not open again till then, but NVC operator said it won't delay processing and that I just need to resend my birth certificate as proof of relation to co-sponsor (which is ridiculous because I sent it 100% for sure, but alas I'll express mail it immediately tomarrow morning.

Has anyone had this type of RFE before? =/

Edited by Jen and Geert

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (Corinthians 13:4-7)

event.png

Step 2: If you sent a lot of this stuff already it's possible they are just dumb. I got three checklists from NVC all for stuff they'd already gotten from me. When I responded to them by resending the specific info requested, they opened my closed case, then closed it two weeks later each time.

I would suggest calling them and pointing out the page number (if you numbered your pages) where they can find the requested information.

The irritating part is that you probably can't just email the documents to them.

I think this probably falls under the they are just dumb category, and they expect us to walk on hot coals sometimes I guess. Thanks for the info I'm going to re-send copies of petitioner and co sponsor birth certificates tomarrow morning, wish us luck that it'll be a speedy case close :blush:

I feel a lot better having called them because I thought they wanted more financial evidence but it was just the "supposedly missing" of my birth cerficate as proof of relationship to co-sponsor/petitioner, not as bad as I thought it was thank God. Thanks for your support~

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay good, I'm glad you called. I wish I'd called them when I got the RFE checklists and maybe I'd have had my appointment this month instead of who-knows-when.

Tracking Sheet

03/31/2010 Married

USCIS - CSC

04/24/2010 Sent

04/25/2010 Received

04/29/2010 NOA1

05/12/2010 Touched

09/29/2010 called CIS, was told to wait 27 days

09/29/2010 contacted Congressman

10/05/2010 Touched, probably as a result of contacting Congressman

10/06/2010 NOA2 Approved after 160 days

NVC

10/12/2010 Received

10/13/2010 NVC Case # Assigned, Called NVC and gave them beneficiary email

10/14/2010 Sent COA Email, Received IIN, Received AOS Invoice, Paid AOS

10/18/2010 AOS status "PAID," Sent AOS packet, IV paid (not sure where the invoice went)

10/19/2010 IV Payment status "PAID!" Still no sign of the DS-3032 acceptance or IV payment invoice.

10/27/2010 Sent IV Packet

11/02/2010 Received request for IV packet; re-sent IV packet.

11/04/2010 SIF, Case Complete After 23 days

11/29/2010 NVC decides to give me the finger; case reopened and closed.

12/13/2010 Interview Assigned (5 weeks after initial NVC completion)

01/18/2011 Visa Interview

I agree with the statement of breathing. I disagree with calling the NVC dumb. These folks may be entangled within a buearacracy but they follow the rules as a robot does to protect their own jobs. Darling, you provided a lot of information in a single email. Compress it without comments and re-post. We are here to help you and we have a weekend to get it straight. It may be necessary to post in the three rfe statements....you did not get an RFE...your application was shutdown so many things went wrong.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

I agree with the statement of breathing. I disagree with calling the NVC dumb. These folks may be entangled within a buearacracy but they follow the rules as a robot does to protect their own jobs. Darling, you provided a lot of information in a single email. Compress it without comments and re-post. We are here to help you and we have a weekend to get it straight. It may be necessary to post in the three rfe statements....you did not get an RFE...your application was shutdown so many things went wrong.

I think it is kinda "dumb" for lack of a more proper word and being frustrated because it wastes a lot of time, money and effort on our part as well as theirs, it's not efficient, but thats besides the point a lot of people don't like being entangled in beauracracy myself included, I like everyone else just want to walk out of this in one piece. I took the time to "breathe" as calling NVC made it less confusing as to what they wanted exactly which was just to go ahead and resend the birth certificates to continue processing, so thats what I'll try first. I'm not sure what you mean in your last few sentences if you were talking to me or solteq since your quoted their post.

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

I think it is kinda "dumb" for lack of a more proper word and being frustrated because it wastes a lot of time, money and effort on our part as well as theirs, it's not efficient, but thats besides the point a lot of people don't like being entangled in beauracracy myself included, I like everyone else just want to walk out of this in one piece. I took the time to "breathe" as calling NVC made it less confusing as to what they wanted exactly which was just to go ahead and resend the birth certificates to continue processing, so thats what I'll try first. I'm not sure what you mean in your last few sentences if you were talking to me or solteq since your quoted their post.

With all honesty there are many on here facing really bad things. You have been away from yours for a few months and sorry if I offend all people, if you can't afford to visit your loved one every two or three months then maybe immigration isn't for you. but, that aside, you are in love, so we all try to use that to help you. You want to attack...go ahead. get advice from most who won't answer. If you remember I said I would help you if you broke it down in 3 indivicual problems but you attacked me. sorry for that. I have NEVER posted or banned a member but for me I don't care and it's sad since I have been to the Netherlands as recently as 2 years ago.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any update?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that Jen. just send what they ask, sometimes, my lawyer told us, NVC loses stuff so probabbly they didnt find it or things happen you know!! I dont think it will dalay the process so much, but remember all we have to wait to get USCIS aproval and we did... so hold on that!! you will be together again!! Good luck!!

CONSULATE STAGE:
08-11-2010: USEM received the case.
10-11-2010: Called USEM, need to send ASAP DS-230 and DS-2100
12-11-2010: emailed DS-230 and DS-2100
12-11-2010: Received Interview date
16-11-2010: Medical Tests
17-11-2010: Interview: APPROVED
23-11-2010: Passport received :)

USA
03-12-2010: POE Miami- Washington D.C (DCA).
10-12-2010: Applied for replacement of S.S
17-12-2010: Received S.S card in the mail 7 days after applied for the replacement
20-12-2010: Received Welcome letter in the mail (Receipt date: Dec 14th)17 days after POE
27-12-2010: Green Card Received 24 days after POE

ROC I 751 CSC
06-11-2012: I-751 Package sent Priority Mail
09-11-2012: Package received
15-11-2012: Check cashed
09-11-2012: NOA1
05-12-2012: Biometrics Appointment

N-400 Naturalization

01-21-2015: Express mail the N400application to Nebraska Center.

01-26 -2015: Application delivered at 7am

01-30- 2015: Check cashed

02-05- 2015: NOA

02-14- 2015: Biometrics letter received

02-25- 2015: Fprints taken

02-27- 2015: In line

03-13- 2015: Interview

03-19- 2015: Oath Ceremony!! Citizen at last!!! yaay!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.