cherriesss

Letter in Support of I-864 Domicile Requirement

5 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Members.

I wanted to post a letter in support of the I-864 Domicile Requirement (to accompany I-864 Affidavit of Support, answering Part 4, Item 15) in case it is useful to you. Thanks to other VJ posters whose contributions I partially drew inspiration from. :thumbs:

----------------------------------------------------

(PETITIONER LAST NAME, Petitioner First Name)

U.S. Social Security Number ### - ## - ####

Form I-864

PART 4: Information on the Sponsor

Item 15: Country of Domicile

As indicated in the step-by-step instructions for Form I-864 Part 4 Item 15 Country of Domicile, “if your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a written explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement”.

In order to meet the domicile requirement I would like to submit the necessary evidence to confirm that I intend in good faith to reestablish my domicile in the United States no later than the date the intending immigrant I am sponsoring my (specify relative, e.g. husband/wife/daughter/son/etc.) is admitted to the United States. It is my full intent to move permanently to the United States upon approval of my relative’s immigrant visa.

The concrete steps I have taken to establish that I am and will be domiciled in the United States are:

1) I have an active U.S. Social Security number

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my Social Security card

2) I maintain a permanent mailing address in the state of (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of different pieces of mail received recently

3) I have filed taxes as required with the IRS while living abroad

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my tax transcripts for (specify years)

4) I am registered to vote in the state of (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my voter registration card

5) I have a valid (specify state) driver license and state ID

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my driver license and state ID

6) I hold a (specify if checking or savings or other type of account) account with (specify bank)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of account verification letters and most recent statements

7) I hold a credit card with (specify bank or credit card company)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my most recent statements

8) I transfer funds to my U.S. bank accounts

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of bank wire and/or deposit slips

9) I have an active utility contract for (specify service, e.g. mobile phone) with (specify company name)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my most recent invoices and/or statements

10) I have notified my current employer of my upcoming move

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my employment notification letter

11) I have notified my current landlord in (specify country) that I will be relinquishing my lease

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my letter to landlord

12) I have arranged for temporary accommodations with (specify name), my (specify relationship to petitioner or beneficiary) in the state of (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of accommodation letter

13) I have purchased life insurance from (specify company name) in (specify state) to protect the sponsored immigrant, my (specify relative, e.g. husband/wife/daughter/son/etc.) in the unforeseen event of my death

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my policy

14) I have purchased health insurance with (specify company name) in (specify state)

15) I have quoted the cost of transporting our personal items to (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of quotation

16) I have traveled to (specify state) in the months of (specify months) in preparing for our move

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my boarding passes

All supporting evidence is being filed in the form of true unaltered photocopies, accompanying Form I-864. My (specify relative, e.g. husband/wife/daughter/son/etc.) holds the original documents and is prepared to submit them if requested by an Officer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at (specify phone number) if I can supply any helpful additional information.

Your review and consideration is much appreciated. I thank you in advance for your assistance in processing my affidavit!

Sincerely,

(First Name of Petitioner, Last Name of Petitioner) - Sponsor

*The section in blue in the letter above must go in the top, right hand corner of the sheet according to I-864's step-by-step instructions.

My Visa Journey:

Dec-15-2008..... Got Married!

Aug-20-2010..... Filed I-130 at U.S. Embassy

Sep-15-2010..... NOA 1 Received

Sep-23-2010..... Packet 3 Instructions Received from U.S. Embassy

Nov-19-2010..... Packet 3 Handed in to U.S. Embassy

Nov-19-2010..... Packet 4 (Appointment Letter) Instructions Received from U.S. Embassy

Nov-20-2010..... Medical Examination Completed

Dec-06-2010..... Interview - Visa Approved!

Dec-13-2010..... Visa In Hand!

May-02-2011..... Port of Entry - IR-1

May-16-2011..... Social Security Card Received

May-21-2011..... Green Card Received

• 9 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks! This is super helpful!!

Hello VJ Members.

I wanted to post a letter in support of the I-864 Domicile Requirement (to accompany I-864 Affidavit of Support, answering Part 4, Item 15) in case it is useful to you. Thanks to other VJ posters whose contributions I partially drew inspiration from. :thumbs:

(PETITIONER LAST NAME, Petitioner First Name)

U.S. Social Security Number ### - ## - ####

Form I-864

PART 4: Information on the Sponsor

Item 15: Country of Domicile

As indicated in the step-by-step instructions for Form I-864 Part 4 Item 15 Country of Domicile, “if your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a written explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement”.

In order to meet the domicile requirement I would like to submit the necessary evidence to confirm that I intend in good faith to reestablish my domicile in the United States no later than the date the intending immigrant I am sponsoring my (specify relative, e.g. husband/wife/daughter/son/etc.) is admitted to the United States. It is my full intent to move permanently to the United States upon approval of my relative’s immigrant visa.

The concrete steps I have taken to establish that I am and will be domiciled in the United States are:

1) I have an active U.S. Social Security number

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my Social Security card

2) I maintain a permanent mailing address in the state of (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of different pieces of mail received recently

3) I have filed taxes as required with the IRS while living abroad

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my tax transcripts for (specify years)

4) I am registered to vote in the state of (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my voter registration card

5) I have a valid (specify state) driver license and state ID

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my driver license and state ID

6) I hold a (specify if checking or savings or other type of account) account with (specify bank)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of account verification letters and most recent statements

7) I hold a credit card with (specify bank or credit card company)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my most recent statements

8) I transfer funds to my U.S. bank accounts

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of bank wire and/or deposit slips

9) I have an active utility contract for (specify service, e.g. mobile phone) with (specify company name)

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my most recent invoices and/or statements

10) I have notified my current employer of my upcoming move

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my employment notification letter

11) I have notified my current landlord in (specify country) that I will be relinquishing my lease

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of my letter to landlord

12) I have arranged for temporary accommodations with (specify name), my (specify relationship to petitioner or beneficiary) in the state of (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of accommodation letter

13) I have purchased life insurance from (specify company name) in (specify state) to protect the sponsored immigrant, my (specify relative, e.g. husband/wife/daughter/son/etc.) in the unforeseen event of my death

14) I have purchased health insurance with (specify company name) in (specify state)

15) I have quoted the cost of transporting our personal items to (specify state)

a) Evidence supplied: Copy of quotation

16) I have traveled to (specify state) in the months of (specify months) in preparing for our move

a) Evidence supplied: Copies of my boarding passes

All supporting evidence is being filed in the form of true unaltered photocopies, accompanying Form I-864. My (specify relative, e.g. husband/wife/daughter/son/etc.) holds the original documents and is prepared to submit them if requested by an Officer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at (specify phone number) if I can supply any helpful additional information.

Your review and consideration is much appreciated. I thank you in advance for your assistance in processing my affidavit!

Sincerely,

(First Name of Petitioner, Last Name of Petitioner) - Sponsor

*The section in blue in the letter above must go in the top, right hand corner of the sheet according to I-864's step-by-step instructions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks, I'm sure this will prove to be very useful later on in our visa journey.

Filed for IR-1 Visa

12/14/2008: Met for the first time through friends
01/07/2009: First Date
07/07/2010: Married!
08/19/2011: I-130 mailed
08/24/2011: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email received
08/26/2011: NOA1 received
09/23/2011: NOA2
09/26/2011: Case received by NVC
10/17/2011: Case put on NVC's system
10/18/2011: AOS bill invoiced and paid
10/20/2011: AOS bill shown as PAID
10/26/2011: Emailed DS-3032
10/28/2011: DS-3032 acknowledged and IV bill invoiced
10/31/2011: IV bill paid
11/01/2011: IV bill shown as PAID
10/13/2012: I-864 package mailed
10/26/2012: RFE
11/06/2012: IV package mailed
01/30/2013: Case complete at NVC
02/21/2013: Medical
03/06/2013: Interview- Approved
05/30/2013: POE
07/31/2013: Greencard arrived in mail!

Account of medical: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416093-london-medical-experience/page__p__5997291#entry5997291
Review of Embassy/Interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11637

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't understand. I have to summit as a petitioner all these documents. They already know I live here... Plz help to understand :bonk:

This type of letter, with supporting evidence and documentation,

is exceptionally useful when the USCitizen, The Petitioner,

lives abroad.

Many times the VO will ask about either

--Proof of Domicile in USA or

--Proof of Re-establishing Domicile in the USA

It's a big deal, for a petitition where the I-130 was filed abroad at a US Embassy or overseas USCIS office, when utilizing the 'DCF'd I-130' filing path.

Since the USCitizen cannot attend the interview, this letter and pile o evidence is useful - it trumps any question about US Domicile for a returning USCitizen expat.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.