Bad_Daddy

Death Sentence Handed Down for blasphemy

54 posts in this topic

Pakistan is a state; states are not adherents to any religion. Their laws are politically motivated, not spiritually motivated.

And Islamic states, such as Pakistan, have their laws based upon the spirituality of their Islamic religion. Thus death sentence for blaspheming Islam is in their law. You can't argue your way out of this one. Why not just say, you don't agree with their view of Islam? Would it really kill you to be rational?

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

And Islamic states, such as Pakistan, have their laws based upon the spirituality of their Islamic religion. Thus death sentence for blaspheming Islam is in their law. You can't argue your way out of this one. Why not just say, you don't agree with their view of Islam? Would it really kill you to be rational?

Pakistan is not an Islamic state. There is no such thing as an Islamic state. I know from experience that I can't "argue" with someone like you who wallows in their ignorance while making demands on others to work within your own misguided frames of reference. In avoiding that, I prove my rationality beyond a doubt.

Pakistan is not an Islamic state. There is no such thing as an Islamic state. I know from experience that I can't "argue" with someone like you who wallows in their ignorance while making demands on others to work within your own misguided frames of reference. In avoiding that, I prove my rationality beyond a doubt.

It is absolutely beyond me why you continue to deny reality.

Reality: Pakistan is a country.

Reality 2: Pakistan makes it's own laws.

Reality 3: Pakistan is primarily Muslim, and basis it's laws on Islam. In fact it is 95 to 97% Muslim.

Reality 4: Pakistan has an anti-Islamic defamation law, the penalty is death.

Your drivel changes none of the above facts.

Your attempt to claim I just don't see reality right is beyond pathetic, and into the "You really need help." stage...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Here is an intro to Pakistan from that bastion of misguided prejudice, the US State Department:

Official Name: Islamic Republic of Pakistan

October 6, 2010Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairspakistan_flag_2003-worldfactbook.gif

Background Note: Pakistan

Official Name: Islamic Republic of Pakistanpakistan_map_2010worldfactbook_300_1.jpg

Geography

Area: 803,943 sq. km. (310,527 sq. mi.); almost twice the size of California.

Cities: Capital--The city of Islamabad (pop. 800,000) and adjacent Rawalpindi (1,406, 214) comprise the national capital area with a combined population of 3.7 million. Other cities--Karachi (11,624,219) (2005 est.), Lahore (6,310,888) (2005 est.), Faisalabad (1,977,246) and Hyderabad (1,151,274).

People

Nationality: Noun and adjective--Pakistan(i).

Population (July 2008 est.): 167,762,040.

Annual population growth rate (2008 est.): 1.81%.

Ethnic groups: Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashtun, Baloch, Muhajir (i.e., Urdu-speaking immigrants from India and their descendants), Saraiki, and Hazara.

Religions: Muslim 97%; small minorities of Christians, Hindus, and others.

Languages: Urdu (national and official), English, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Baloch, Hindko, Brahui, Saraiki (Punjabi variant).

Education: Literacy (2005 est.)--49.9%; male 63%; female 36%.

Health: Infant mortality rate (2008 est.)--66.95/1,000. Life expectancy (2008 est.)--men 63.07 yrs., women 65.24 yrs.

Work force (2004 est.): Agriculture--42%; services--38%; industry--20%.

Government

Type: Parliamentary democracy.

Independence: August 14, 1947.

Branches: Executive--president (chief of state), prime minister (head of government). Legislative--bicameral Parliament or Majlis-e-Shoora (100-seat Senate, 342-seat National Assembly). Judicial--Supreme Court, provincial high courts, Federal Islamic (or Shari'a) Court.

Political parties: Pakistan People's Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), Awami National Party (ANP), Pakistan Muslim League (PML), Muttahid Majlis-e-Amal (umbrella group) (MMA), and Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM).

Suffrage: Universal at 18.

Political subdivisions: 4 provinces (Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (formerly known as the North-West Frontier Province or NWFP)); also the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (composed of 7 tribal agencies--Bajaur, Mohmand, Khyber, Kurram, Orakzai, North Waziristan, and South Waziristan) and the Pakistani-administered portion of the disputed Jammu and Kashmir region (Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas).

[skip the Economic info]

PEOPLE

The majority of Pakistan's population lives in the Indus River valley and in an arc formed by the cities of Faisalabad, Lahore, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, and Peshawar. Although Urdu is an official language of Pakistan, it is spoken as a first language by only 8% of the population; 48% speak Punjabi, 12% Sindhi, 10% Saraiki, 8% Pashto, 3% Baloch, and 3% other. Urdu, Punjabi, Pashto, and Baloch are Indo-European languages. English is the other official language, and is widely used in government, commerce, the officer ranks of the military, and in many institutions of higher learning.

<a name="history">HISTORICAL OVERVIEW

Pakistan, along with parts of western India, contains the archeological remains of an urban civilization dating back 4,500 years. Alexander the Great’s empire included the Indus Valley in 326 B.C. His successors founded the Indo-Greek kingdom of Bactria based in what is today Afghanistan and extending to Peshawar. Following the rise of the Central Asian Kushan Empire in later centuries, the Buddhist culture of Afghanistan and Pakistan, centered on the city of Taxila just west of Islamabad, experienced a cultural renaissance known as the Gandhara period.

The arrival of Muslim traders in Sindh also introduced Islam to Pakistan in the 8th century. The collapse of the Mughal Empire in the 18th century provided an opportunity for the English East India Company to extend its control over much of the subcontinent. The Sikh adventurer, Ranjit Singh, carved out a dominion that extended from Kabul to Srinagar and Lahore, encompassing much of the northern area of modern Pakistan. British rule replaced the Sikhs in the first half of the 19th century. In a decision that had far-reaching consequences, the British permitted the Hindu Maharaja of Kashmir, a Sikh appointee, to continue in power.

Pakistan emerged from an extended period of agitation by Muslims in the subcontinent to express their national identity free from British colonial domination as well as domination by what they perceived as a Hindu-controlled Indian National Congress. Muslim anti-colonial leaders formed the All-India Muslim League in 1906. Initially, the League adopted the same objective as the Congress--self-government for India within the British Empire--but Congress and the League were unable to agree on a formula that would ensure the protection of Muslim religious, economic, and political rights.

[more]

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3453.htm

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

I am well aware of the history of Pakistan. I am more aware of it than you are, for sure. I am also more aware of Islam than you are.

You are the one with the drivel, not I. You are very simplistic in choosing your sources, intensely shallow in your research, biased in your interests, and easily lead. Your perpetual insistence that I learn Islam from you is ridiculous and pathetic.

Do you really think the State Department is the arbiter of all things political? Are you that naive?

I am well aware of the history of Pakistan. I am more aware of it than you are, for sure. I am also more aware of Islam than you are.

You are the one with the drivel, not I. You are very simplistic in choosing your sources, intensely shallow in your research, biased in your interests, and easily lead. Your perpetual insistence that I learn Islam from you is ridiculous and pathetic.

Do you really think the State Department is the arbiter of all things political? Are you that naive?

Burgundy with the weak retort worthy of his pantheon of posting style gets a pass.

Sofyaa please, are you going to claim Pakistani's aren't really Muslim? That is ridiculous. You pull that lame argument over and over and it leads to the conclusion you have no credibility.

The State Departments nutshell history is accurate. Pakistan is 95 + % Muslim, formed by Muslims, run by Muslims, and it's full name is The Islamic State Of Pakistan. Death for blaspheming Islam is a law on their books. And they are serious as a heart attack enforcing it. If you really think belittling these statements of facts is 'simplistic' and you saying so somehow effectively make the facts go conveniently away then you are sorely mistaken.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Pardon me Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Doh!

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Keep trying to make me jump through your hoops and lower myself to your meager understanding. Good luck with that. You appeal to other ignorants, but I am not among them.

That hoop is in your mind and makes you appear embarrassed by the embarrassing reality of a good portion of the Muslim world.

Just admit you admire or abhor this particular Islamic law.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Keep trying to make me jump through your hoops and lower myself to your meager understanding. Good luck with that. You appeal to other ignorants, but I am not among them.

Your reply is more like an admittance that read4ONE is correct....which he is imo.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Your opinion isn't worth much,

The light and kindness of your religion shows with each new post. Where do I sign up?

There is a difference between being a bully and insisting on dealing with facts. There is no way you can convincingly argue Pakistan is not an Islamic Nation. No convincing argument can be made that they take their religious beliefs into their politics, and have on the books a law regarding slandering of Islam, penalty for violation being death if convicted.

Surely many Muslims around the world, and even in Pakistan, recognize how over the top backwards this law is. How ridiculous, and non-peaceful, dare I say intolerant, and would like to see the law repealed.

Facts are facts, not signs of bullying because they are insisted upon.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

The light and kindness of your religion shows with each new post. Where do I sign up?

There is a difference between being a bully and insisting on dealing with facts. There is no way you can convincingly argue Pakistan is not an Islamic Nation. No convincing argument can be made that they take their religious beliefs into their politics, and have on the books a law regarding slandering of Islam, penalty for violation being death if convicted.

Surely many Muslims around the world, and even in Pakistan, recognize how over the top backwards this law is. How ridiculous, and non-peaceful, dare I say intolerant, and would like to see the law repealed.

Facts are facts, not signs of bullying because they are insisted upon.

Do you think I even care to change your thinking? I can throw facts at you 24/7, and you'd still have a mindset that is stuck on stupid and beyond my power to reach. If your posts are reflective of the love and concern you feel for your fellow human beings, in contrast to the acts you rail against, that makes you even scarier than before. A dose of self-awareness would help you more than I can.

Now, do as you say, and stop trying to bully me.