8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We have filed our I-130 and our K-3, both have been approved and obviously the K-3 is moving faster. We noticed alot of people go back for the I-130 interviews, my question is, since he would already be here is there some way that we could get our I-130 transfered to our local office and do an interview here? Wouldnt it be the same as an AOS? We would have already paid all the fees etc. If not , can some of you who have been thru this process give your experiences? Thanks in advance, and best of luck to all going thru the journey.

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm pretty sure you would have to go back to your home country for the CR-1 interview. If not then you would have to do AOS. If I'm wrong someone will clarify.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Timeline

Thanks Buttons! It just seems so crazy to have to travel all the way back when all the papers are here in the states. Ah well guess we cant have our cake and eat it too! Thanks again

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Buttons! It just seems so crazy to have to travel all the way back when all the papers are here in the states. Ah well guess we cant have our cake and eat it too! Thanks again

Sherry

I am in the same boat has you, both my petitions have been approved but the K3 is moving faster so hubby will come up on the K3 and then adjust.

What you would have to do is once hubby comes up you call and write the NVC and let them know that hubby is here and that you just want to adjust status.

Marsha

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not completely sure, but I think that I read from Aussie that if your K-3 and I-130 both arrive at the Embassy at about the same time, you can request that the interview be for the I-130 instead of the K-3 and then get it done then...

Aussie are you there?

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Timeline

Thanks Marsha, we will ring them as soon as he gets here! Thanks Rob, but my K-3 is already at the embassy and it looks like it may me about 2 months before the I-130 gets there. We sent packet # back today and scheduled the medical for thursday so hopefully they will send packet 4 for an interview soon. I have heard that Dublin is one of the faster embassy's to get an interview with so with any luck we wont have to wait too long. Thanks again for the help.

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

I'm in the same boat too Sherry. My hubby got his packet this morning. My I-130 is still processing at NVC after 4 weeks. I was really hoping it would beat K3, but I'll take getting him here anyway I can get it. I'm glad you asked this question. I am curious about the fees associated with AOS in the US. I've already paid all that money and I would feel horrible to simply have wasted it.

I truly hope your interview date comes quickly!!!!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Timeline

Thanks Mrs Whizz and the same to you. I agree, I dont wanna waste the money and have to turn around to do AOS, it would be much easier to just allow us to transfer to a local office. Hope things go well for you Mrs. Whizz

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.