Texanbybirth

Problems with name on birth certificate and change of address

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a couple of questions that need to be answered. Dan is currently here staying until he gets a date for an interview. I have a couple of problems that need answers. Dan in going to get his passport found out that after 23 years of being on this Earth thinking his name is Daniel Joseph is actually Joseph Daniel. His passport and his birth certificate all have Joseph Daniel, but our paperwork and everything we have received from USCIS has his name as Daniel Joseph as he thought that was his name. What kind of problem is this going to cause? Also since we filed his parents have moved and only have a PO BOX for their mail. How do we get a change of address to the consulate so that Dan can get his packet 3 and 4? HELP A GIRL OUT!!! LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How to notify about the beneficiary's change of address: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=27345&hl=

As for amending the petition so it'd show the correct name, I have no clue about that...

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

it is a big issue. what i believe that you might have to do the whole process again. bcz the name is not wrong spelled but it is opposit. it means in the record the name is opposit to the petiotionar name which would definatly be a problem in the interview. the visa is issued once. so if they are gonna issue the visa then it would be according to filed petition. since you have not sent any paper before related to his name or record so it would be a serious issue when you would appear in the interview. they can say that he is a different guy than the one whos petition is filed for.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Timeline

Also, I guess it could cause problems with security checks run by NVC. Different name, different hits for it, right?

Timeline (incompleta)

Also, I guess it could cause problems with security checks run by NVC. Different name, different hits for it, right?

Wrong. They (FBI) try variations of the name, just for the reason the OP stated. The last name however, is critical. First and middle names are not a big issue, if they are transposed.

Timeline

Wrong. They (FBI) try variations of the name, just for the reason the OP stated. The last name however, is critical. First and middle names are not a big issue, if they are transposed.

:thumbs: Thanks, William!

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we are dealing with the same issue. My wife's middle name is mispelled on her birth certficate. It sounds like it is 6 months in the Philippines and even longer as the certified civil registrar has retired and they are not making changes until his position is filled. Any Ideas. The mistake is her middle name is Celo, and they Spelled it Celos.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.