USUY2010

Transferred I-130?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Good afternoon!

I received an e-mail last month that I didn't pay any attention to, until now. My I-130 was transferred from CSC to NBC.

A little bit of background: We sent the I-130 first, it was routed to CSC, then we sent the I-485 which was routed to NBC. And in October the I-130 was transferred to NBC.

Does this mean that they're trying to finally pair them up? And could it be the reason that they took this long to give us a biometric appointment?

Also, the biometric appointment says it's in response to I-483 and I-765. Does it mean it'll be done for both and we won't have to do it again? Because we noticed that some people have to go twice, or when they go to the interview they haven't done their biometrics and they have to wait on a decision.

Thanks for any enlightenment in these issues. =]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yes you are right. When AOS was filed the I-485 was rejected, thus the I-130 was treated as standalone and processed as such. Now when the I-485 has been accepted and processed the I-130 joins and the files are made one (Its a Union in Heaven :rofl: ).

The biometrics is for both the I-485 and I-765. You do only one.

By mistake sometimes some filers get biometrics for just one of the two and they think they are done, even though absurd, CIS has to input the biometrcs for both. You are ok as you got for both and wont have a problem at the interview. Just remeber if you got biometrics just for one, open a SR.

eligibility Criteria: 3 years

10-14-2013: Eligibility Date

11-01-2013: Application Sent

11-04-2013: Application Received

11-04-2013: Priority Date

11-07-2013: Check/Money Order Cashed

11-13-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date

11-18-2013: Bio-metric Date (Walk in)

12-12-2013: In-line for Interview

01-02-2014: Interview Date Letter Received

02-05-2014: Interview

02-14-2014: Oath scheduling que

03-25-2014: Oath scheduled

03-28-2014: Oath Date Letter Received

04-24-2014: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.