Seahawks21

Visa delayed because we didn't have Cenomar at interview

52 posts in this topic

You are also incorrect...

Marriage Contract is the White Copy you get from the Local Civil Registry.

NSO Certified Copy is also just the Marriage Contract or License, just a more official copy.

CEMAR will list all marriages of the subject (if they were previously married).

For those who are confused about the Marriage Contract and the NSO-issued Certificate of Marriage (CEMAR):

I think people would understand the difference more if people actually know how the NSO ends up with a record of our civil documents

NSO stands for National Statistics Office. One of their functions is to keep civil records in the Philippines. Other countries have their own statistics office which may have a different name. Other countries may have a different statistics office/agency per province/state. In the Philippines, there's only one. I would assume there's only one since ours is a small country, smaller than another country's province/state.

When people get married, they sign a piece of paper called a Marriage Contract. The contract is signed by the officiating person and by witnesses (usually two). In the Philippines, the Marriage Contract is submitted to the Local Civil Registrar in the city/town where the marriage took place. You'd be given your copy (original if the copy contains original signatures) of the Marriage Contract. The Local Civil Registrar then forwards the Marriage Contract to the NSO. I do not know if the Local Civil Registrar is required to forward the hard copy or just a good resolution electronic copy of civil documents to the NSO.

Once the NSO has a copy (original?) of the Marriage Contract, it can then issue a scanned copy of the Marriage Contract on its security paper (green for some; yellow when I got a copy of my mother's CEMAR this year). Since the NSO copy you get is not the original copy, all that the NSO can do is certify that what they gave you is a true copy of the original Marriage Contract. For whatever reason, the NSO calls their copy "Certificate of Marriage" and not "Certified True Copy of a Marriage Contract." In other countries, they do have an actual "Certificate of Marriage" - i.e., not a scanned copy of the Marriage Contract but a printed summary of some of the information in the contract. Think of it as an abbreviated version of the Marriage Contract. In the Philippines, we don't have any abbreviated version. Our NSO-issued Certificate of Marriage (CEMAR) is a scanned copy of the Marriage Contract printed on NSO security paper and signed by the current Civil Registrar General.

It used to be that when we're applying for legal papers (e.g., NBI clearance, passport, visas), we would only need to submit a civil document certified (stamped) by the Local Civil Registrar. That hasn't been the case for a long long time now. Now, civil documents have to be issued by the NSO. I assume that's for security purposes as it's more difficult to falsify documents that have to be printed on "special paper".

For those in a hurry to get NSO-issued documents, go directly to an NSO satellite office. As long as the document is already in the NSO database, you can get your NSO-issued document on the same day. I requested two person's birth certificates, a death certificate and a marriage certificate and got all of them on the same day that I requested them. Check the NSO website for the list of their satellite offices.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
How am I incorrect? Please enlighten me more.

Our CEMAR/Marriage Contract which was given to us by the Civil Registrar office is white while our NSO Certified Copy which was issued to us by the NSO office is green - that is what I said before & you said that I am wrong.

I am looking at both the NSO & Civil Registrar marriage certificates right now. The civil one is printed on white paper but the NSO one is printed on green security paper. Maybe I am missing something.

Because the CEMAR is nothing like the Marriage Contract/License. The CEMAR is a listing of all marriages ever registered for the subject.

Example: Jana was married in 2002 and annulled in 2006. Then in 2008 she married again.

Her CEMAR would list both marriages. Her second Marriage Contract/License would only list her current marriage.

For those who are confused about the Marriage Contract and the NSO-issued Certificate of Marriage (CEMAR):

I think people would understand the difference more if people actually know how the NSO ends up with a record of our civil documents

NSO stands for National Statistics Office. One of their functions is to keep civil records in the Philippines. Other countries have their own statistics office which may have a different name. Other countries may have a different statistics office/agency per province/state. In the Philippines, there's only one. I would assume there's only one since ours is a small country, smaller than another country's province/state.

When people get married, they sign a piece of paper called a Marriage Contract. The contract is signed by the officiating person and by witnesses (usually two). In the Philippines, the Marriage Contract is submitted to the Local Civil Registrar in the city/town where the marriage took place. You'd be given your copy (original if the copy contains original signatures) of the Marriage Contract. The Local Civil Registrar then forwards the Marriage Contract to the NSO. I do not know if the Local Civil Registrar is required to forward the hard copy or just a good resolution electronic copy of civil documents to the NSO.

Once the NSO has a copy (original?) of the Marriage Contract, it can then issue a scanned copy of the Marriage Contract on its security paper (green for some; yellow when I got a copy of my mother's CEMAR this year). Since the NSO copy you get is not the original copy, all that the NSO can do is certify that what they gave you is a true copy of the original Marriage Contract. For whatever reason, the NSO calls their copy "Certificate of Marriage" and not "Certified True Copy of a Marriage Contract." In other countries, they do have an actual "Certificate of Marriage" - i.e., not a scanned copy of the Marriage Contract but a printed summary of some of the information in the contract. Think of it as an abbreviated version of the Marriage Contract. In the Philippines, we don't have any abbreviated version. Our NSO-issued Certificate of Marriage (CEMAR) is a scanned copy of the Marriage Contract printed on NSO security paper and signed by the current Civil Registrar General.

It used to be that when we're applying for legal papers (e.g., NBI clearance, passport, visas), we would only need to submit a civil document certified (stamped) by the Local Civil Registrar. That hasn't been the case for a long long time now. Now, civil documents have to be issued by the NSO. I assume that's for security purposes as it's more difficult to falsify documents that have to be printed on "special paper".

For those in a hurry to get NSO-issued documents, go directly to an NSO satellite office. As long as the document is already in the NSO database, you can get your NSO-issued document on the same day. I requested two person's birth certificates, a death certificate and a marriage certificate and got all of them on the same day that I requested them. Check the NSO website for the list of their satellite offices.

Thank you Armenia............that is a good explanation.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

umm...just wanna clarify something. is his case some kind of a reverification or something like that? in which case it should be the NSO office to send the CEMAR to the embassy. I think in their ecensus website, it has an option there to fill out if it is a reverification request from the embassy then they need to fill out that and NSO will be the one sending it to USEM.

I think when the embassy gets the document they wanted, they process your visa immediately and send it right away so i think the best way to do now is request for the CEMAR (online only took me 2 days and i am from Cebu, it will be quicker when she is from manila) or if visiting a satellite office works for you then maybe you should just do it. I am not sure that if you go directly to the satellite office, they have an option to send it directly to the embassy. Advantage of doing it online would be no hassle for you plus NSO already know where your document will go to if they will be the one sending it (i bet they have a department receiving documents from NSO for reverification of documents). And i may suggest that after 5 days, you should call the embassy hotline and inquire for her visa status.

I have been reading the post here and find myself in the same situation as Seahawk21.

My wife only had a copy of her NSO Marriage certificate with her at her interview. She gave the original one she had to the passport people when she renewed her passport to have her name changed. As a result, she did not get an approval at her interview and she had to go to the NSO Pasay office and pay for another copy.

I was told that the Embassy picks up documents at the NSO office every Friday. The Embassy now has a copy of the NSO document as of Monday Nov 8. Her interview was on Nov 3 and she went right to the NSO office after leaving the Embassy Interview. When I found out what happened I sent an email to the Embassy asking if they got the NSO document. I got an email today responding to that inquiry. The email I got is posted below. They were not able or willing to commit to any date which I understand. How long it take to get the darn VISA I don't know as I am still waiting. I think Seahawks question was how long will he have to wait to receive the VISA once they have the NSO document. Everyone seems to have gotten focus on what the document is called but never asnwered the question. I am guessing 10 days from the time they receive the NSO document. I know people who were approved at the Interview received their Courier package in about 3-4 days. I am hoping she can fly on Dec 1. If anyone has had to deal with this situation before Seahawk12 and I would like to know how long it took to get your VISA. Thanks.. GO MANNY.. :hehe:

This is the EMbassy Email I recieved...

This is in reply to your inquiry of November 10, 2010, regarding the visa case of the referenced individual.

We received the requested civil documentation for Justina Davis directly from the Philippine National Statistics Office (NSO) and included this in our review of the case. As soon the adjudicating consular officer is able to review the information, we will notify the applicant.

The time required to process a visa application to conclusion varies from case to case depending on the complexity of the case itself and the number and complexity of other cases awaiting review. We advise our clients not to finalize travel plans, dispose of their properties, or give up jobs until a visa is actually delivered to the applicant. We are simply unable to commit to issuing a visa on a certain date.

If Ms. Davis would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, she may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

1000 Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

/mbp

Edited by TomD

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I have been reading the post here and find myself in the same situation as Seahawk21.

My wife only had a copy of her NSO Marriage certificate with her at her interview. She gave the original one she had to the passport people when she renewed her passport to have her name changed. As a result, she did not get an approval at her interview and she had to go to the NSO Pasay office and pay for another copy.

I was told that the Embassy picks up documents at the NSO office every Friday. The Embassy now has a copy of the NSO document as of Monday Nov 8. Her interview was on Nov 3 and she went right to the NSO office after leaving the Embassy Interview. When I found out what happened I sent an email to the Embassy asking if they got the NSO document. I got an email today responding to that inquiry. The email I got is posted below. They were not able or willing to commit to any date which I understand. How long it take to get the darn VISA I don't know as I am still waiting. I think Seahawks question was how long will he have to wait to receive the VISA once they have the NSO document. Everyone seems to have gotten focus on what the document is called but never asnwered the question. I am guessing 10 days from the time they receive the NSO document. I know people who were approved at the Interview received their Courier package in about 3-4 days. I am hoping she can fly on Dec 1. If anyone has had to deal with this situation before Seahawk12 and I would like to know how long it took to get your VISA. Thanks.. GO MANNY.. :hehe:

Average of 3 weeks from the time they recieve additional document to the time she gets the visa printed and attached to her passport. If its approved that is. I know someone , actually 2 people that had this problem last year involving K-1 visa cases. So back to Seahawk's problem, so if you dont have a CEMAR or a ORIGINAL copy of marriage certificate printed on NSO security paper, only a xerox of the thing, then they delay you ? What BS. I was in Manila last week , took my wife to do that silly CFO seminar so that she can change her name on her passport. More BS requirements. Just take 1 day at a time guys, dont worry it will happen. Just takes a little longer. Its really hard to predict "How much longer" when you had to submit additional docs. Its the Holiday season now in Philippines so things in Manila are going from slow motion forward to neutral until January.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Average of 3 weeks from the time they recieve additional document to the time she gets the visa printed and attached to her passport. If its approved that is. I know someone , actually 2 people that had this problem last year involving K-1 visa cases. So back to Seahawk's problem, so if you dont have a CEMAR or a ORIGINAL copy of marriage certificate printed on NSO security paper, only a xerox of the thing, then they delay you ? What BS. I was in Manila last week , took my wife to do that silly CFO seminar so that she can change her name on her passport. More BS requirements. Just take 1 day at a time guys, dont worry it will happen. Just takes a little longer. Its really hard to predict "How much longer" when you had to submit additional docs. Its the Holiday season now in Philippines so things in Manila are going from slow motion forward to neutral until January.

OH I forgot, If your the US Citizen petitioner and you happen to be in Manila you may be able to speed up this thing by going to the Embassy. Only you can do this because they wont let your beneficiary in without an appointment letter. US Citizens can enter the Embassy with a US Passport. Go to the American Services section info window and be real nice and make up some sob story and beg them to check this for you. I know 3 guys did this trick and they got their cases approved right then and visa sent out a few days later. Those 3 guys actually lived in Philippines but I think it will work even if your just there on vacation/visiting etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me too is currently in this situation... interviewed last november 19 and CO wants my husband's cenomar or marriage index. i read here that one person got approve tuesday(about 2 working days) after embassy got it friday from NSO pasay and others got approve 3weeks after :bonk: goodluck everyone

Wow Vj members glad I am came accross this thread....So if my wife has the NSO marriage cert. (the green one) it's a done deal and there is nothing else she needs to do concerning this subject right??:unsure:

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

Vj members I just spoke with the wife. She informed me that she has both the cemar and marriage cert. both from the NSO... But whats this about some kind of class??? Is there some kind of class she has to attend,,,,and a stamp on there (Marriage cert.) or something we don't understand.

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Medical Jan 31st

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Vj members I just spoke with the wife. She informed me that she has both the cemar and marriage cert. both from the NSO... But whats this about some kind of class??? Is there some kind of class she has to attend,,,,and a stamp on there (Marriage cert.) or something we don't understand.

The class or seminar is given by Commission on Filipinos Overseas. After the "seminar." a stamp or sticker will be placed in her passport.

Hope this helps you. :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

The class or seminar is given by Commission on Filipinos Overseas. After the "seminar." a stamp or sticker will be placed in her passport.

Hope this helps you. :thumbs:

Yes this helps very much. Thanks you sir!!!:thumbs: And by the way thanks for the advice on not traveling yet to the Philippines,,the wife read your post and agreed that I not travel untill we receive a date for the interview. Nice to have good folks as yourself traveling along on this journey!

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Medical Jan 31st

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife had her interview today, but didn't get her Visa because she didn't have the Cenomar from NSO (probably my fault). She went to the NSO immediately, and they told her that her Cenomar will be released on Nov 15, then the Visa will be mailed to her. Has anybody else gone through this? How long will we have to wait until she gets her Visa? Are we talking about waiting for a few more months, or only a few days? Ohhhhhhhhhh, what a day. Thanks as always.

hi seahawks21 i am quite concern on how was your case was going on? did your wife got her visa already? any updates? i

myself too is currenty dealing with this cenomar delay. Please update us.........

I had my wife get four copies of every official document she needed. I would rather pay a little extra and not have to worry about about documents missing.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.