jrodriguez

November 2010 Filers

1,105 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all! I got my EAD on saturday feb 19 in the mail along with my interview date for march 23. Am so happy. I went to SSA yesterday and apply for my SS# they said I will get it in the mail in 2 week, I hope it come a little earlier because I want to get put on some bills so I can have some more evidence for the interview and I can't wait to find a job and get a DL

EADs and APs arrived on Saturday 18th, and just got my state DL, so SSN (for kiddy) and job hunt time now. :wacko:

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my EAD card yesterday but unfortunately I need to go back for 2nd fingerprints :angry:

Our AOS Journey started:

Nov 06, 2010: CS & CQ got married in Las Vegas

Nov 26, 2010: AOS-EAD-AP package sent out

Nov 29, 2010: Package delivered at 1:12pm

Dec 10, 2010: Received text messages from USCIS regarding receipt numbers for AOS, EAD, and AP

Dec 14, 2010: Received three I-797C from mail

Dec 18, 2010: Touched

Jan 05, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (email)

Jan 10, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (hardcopy)

Jan 11, 2011: Sent response to RFE for I-485 (Fedex/UPS do not deliver to PO Box. Only USPS does and it takes 2 days even for Express Post)

Jan 13, 2011: Response to RFE delivered

Jan 14, 2011: Touched

Jan 15, 2011: Touched

Jan 18, 2011: Received Biometric Appointment letter in mail

Jan 21, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Walk-in Successful)

Feb 10, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Originally Scheduled)

Feb 12, 2011: Received 1st text/email for EAD card in production and AP was APPROVED

Feb 17, 2011: Received 2nd text/email for EAD card in production

Feb 18, 2011: Received 3rd text/email for EAD card has been mailed out

Feb 18, 2011: Received AP!!!! YAY!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received EAD!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received letter for 2nd fingerprints :(

Mar 17, 2011: 2nd fingerprints

May 02, 2011: AOS Interview Approved!!!!!!

May 07, 2011: Received "Welcome to America" letter

May 09, 2011: Received Green Card. Yay!!!!!

as1cHvOuM2B0010MDA3MjM5cHN8NDUyOTY1c3xIYXBwaWx5IE1hcnJpZWQ.gif

EADs and APs arrived on Saturday 18th, and just got my state DL, so SSN (for kiddy) and job hunt time now. :wacko:

Did you already have your SSN? I took my driving test when I got here... obviously the DL expired with my I-94. So when I got my EAD I went to renew and they told me that "they couldn't confirm my lawful presence". Is this because my Maiden name is in SAVE? I'm not understanding...in fact I'm annoyed. Anyway, they put in some request and said to come back in five days HOWEVER I've been reading on here how it's taken some people at least two months to have been updated #######?

Good luck with the job hunting (me, you and everyone else that's looking!). Congrats to all that are done with the process!

CQ & CS that sucks! :( but at least you have your other documents :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did you already have your SSN? I took my driving test when I got here... obviously the DL expired with my I-94. So when I got my EAD I went to renew and they told me that "they couldn't confirm my lawful presence". Is this because my Maiden name is in SAVE? I'm not understanding...in fact I'm annoyed. Anyway, they put in some request and said to come back in five days HOWEVER I've been reading on here how it's taken some people at least two months to have been updated #######?

Good luck with the job hunting (me, you and everyone else that's looking!). Congrats to all that are done with the process!

CQ & CS that sucks! :( but at least you have your other documents :)

EAD isn't really proof of lawful presence. You could be denied AOS, become deportable, and still have a valid EAD. Some states accept it as such, but some don't. You're still in limbo right now until you get the green card. Some have been successful in taking their NOAs and other documentation to show they're here legally. I know here in VA, they were accepting EAD as proof of lawful presence up until last September, and then the Governor issued an order that it was no longer enough. It blows. We're just waiting until my husband gets his green card, which is uh, kinda taking a while! We're almost outside standard processing time. :wacko:

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

EAD isn't really proof of lawful presence. You could be denied AOS, become deportable, and still have a valid EAD. Some states accept it as such, but some don't. You're still in limbo right now until you get the green card. Some have been successful in taking their NOAs and other documentation to show they're here legally. I know here in VA, they were accepting EAD as proof of lawful presence up until last September, and then the Governor issued an order that it was no longer enough. It blows. We're just waiting until my husband gets his green card, which is uh, kinda taking a while! We're almost outside standard processing time. :wacko:

I understand that, however, I was told at the time I got my Licence in the first place that I needed my EAD not necessarily the Green Card to renew it that is what's annoying. It seems that the issue is that SAVE hasn't been updated to reflect the EAD rather than the issue being that I have an EAD and not a Green Card.

Just had a look at your timeline... yeah, seems pretty slow especially considering I see one or two in the December filings saying AOS has been approved. All very strange.

I hope your husband is enjoying his job :)

Edited by Ricky+Vanessa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I understand that, however, I was told at the time I got my Licence in the first place that I needed my EAD not necessarily the Green Card to renew it that is what's annoying. It seems that the issue is that SAVE hasn't been updated to reflect the EAD rather than the issue being that I have an EAD and not a Green Card.

Just had a look at your timeline... yeah, seems pretty slow especially considering I see one or two in the December filings saying AOS has been approved. All very strange.

I hope your husband is enjoying his job :)

Hm, I've never heard SAVE mentioned here in relation to EAD and license granting. Only regarding being able to get an SSN. Darnell's the member who seems to know the most about SAVE.

And, yeah, it's all November and December filers getting approved lately. We'll be calling up a Senator next week for sure. My hubs actually hates his job, lol. He's working at a bar/restaurant and it sucks. But it's better than not working. He's just starting a serious search for something better.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

lol - I laugh because I know that will be me. I'm literally applying to ANYTHING. I had a job interview on Monday for a job that I would LOVE but to be honest I'm not overly optimistic since I know the competition is magnificently stiff. Fingers crossed your husband will find something he enjoys soon.

Re SAVE... I never thought this would be an issue either until it happened! When I came back home I did a search on here and sure enough a few people in different states have had the same problem over the years. Oh well.

I got hired for a job but cant start until I have my ssn, how long do I have to wait for the Social security card?

It's past 2 weeks since I applied for it. I called their hotline and told me they cant find my information. :crying:

03/29/10------129F sent
03/31/10------Received by CSC
04/01/10------NOA1
04/02/10------TOUCHED
04/06/10------Received NOA1 hard copy
06/09/10------NOA2
06/14/10------NVC received
06/16/10------NVC left
06/21/10------Consulate Received
07/12-13/10---Medical Examination (PASSED)
07/19/10------Interview (APPROVED)
07/23/10------VISA ON HAND..
10/27/10------POE @ Detroit
10/30/10------Wedding Day
AOS:
11/12/10------Sent AOS & EAD packet
11/14/10------Delivered to Chicago, IL
11/19/10------E-notifications received & NOA1
11/22/10------Rejection Notice for check $340 for EAD & $1010 check cleared
11/23/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)& Received NOA1 hard copy
11/24/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)
11/26/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)
11/29/10------Received Biometrics Letter (Scheduled 12/08)
12/08/10------Biometrics Appointment
01/28/11------Received text/email for EAD card production
02/03/11------Received another text/email for EAD card production
02/08/11------Received EAD card
02/10/11------Interview (APPROVED)
02/15/11------Received text/email GC production
02/18/11------Received another text/email GC production
02/25/11------Received GC

ROC:

12/15/12-----Mailed Lifting of Conditions Packet

12/19/12-----NOA1

01/24/13-----Biometrics done

07/09/13-----Received email GC production

07/10/13-----Received another email GC production

07/15/13-----Received 10-yr GC

6uic9nb5yrz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got my EAD card yesterday but unfortunately I need to go back for 2nd fingerprints :angry:

Oh no! go ahead and try to walk-in instead of waiting for the appointment. And, make sure you request the officer taking your fingerprints that everything has a green mark (meaning Good Print) per fingerprint. If there's a red exclamation mark on any one fingerprint, the FBI might still decide your fingerprints are unreadable. When I had my second biometrics, there's one fingerprint that has a red mark. I asked the officer about it and he said that was good enough and it's clear. But then again..I got an RFE stating that the FBI was unable to read my biometrics and requested for a Police Clearance instead.

I've read about a person in one forum that she requested the officer to repeat and repeat until everything is all good. Good thing she was the only person around, and the officer was kind enough to accommodate her. Anyway, if possible, try to be as nice and request the officer taking your fingerprint to make sure every fingerprint is acceptable so your prints will be accepted by the FBI. Goodluck!

Another Tip I've read: You may also try to call the FBI office near you to check if you cleared finger printing.

All you need is your A#, Full name, Address and some basic info handy.

They will tell you if it was cleared and sent back USCIS. (this way, you get a heads up if you passed your biometrics or not)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got hired for a job but cant start until I have my ssn, how long do I have to wait for the Social security card?

It's past 2 weeks since I applied for it. I called their hotline and told me they cant find my information. :crying:

I applied for my SSN way before I sent my AOS application and got it in the mail about 2 weeks after..they said wait for about 2-4 weeks.

Anyway, yours might be on the way, so hang in there, and Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.