sarah9

Advice needed before visiting my fiance please!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Personally IMO unless the cost is extremely exoribitant (ie more than the cost of being refused entry and buying return ticket). I know travelling is rough, but even 24 hours to spend weeks with your loved one is usually worth it. I fly Miami to Houston to Buenos Aires which is 13 hours. After that I spend 15-17 hours on a bus to get to where my fiancee lives in Argentina.

It's definately a pain in the #### and leaves me pretty cranky at the end. Especially on the way home because I have to ride the bus 15 hrs then wait in the airport for 10 hours before flying 13 more, but everytime I do it, its definitely worth it. I dont even do it because I may have a difficult time entering. Argentina lets almost anyone enter easily especially those from US, CAN, UK. If I were faced with your situation I'd personally rather spend the extra time travelling if it was likely it'd be easier to enter from another port (if this is what I was being told) and spend extra at it and time than spend a shorter time and smaller money but have a higher chance of rejection at POE then spend money to go home. Especially since you just likely paid more money to go home once combined with your original ticket and never even see your loved one.

If your a detail oriented person perhaps you can arrange your flight in and on a separate ticket find a flight to where you need. If your going to Detroit, I'm not sure if you already looked, but Detroit is one of Delta Airline's hubs. You should be able to find a flight from most major/semi-major cities directly into Detroit from one connection. Just be careful when you book your separate connecting ticket that you allow substantial enough time for your arriving flight to get you in as since they aren't on the same ticket neither airline is going to want to compensate you or help you from missing a flight. Also many major cities here with multiple airports just make sure the connecting flights are at the same airport too...some cities are a pain to cross.

I hope it helps, if not then ignore. I wish you luck in your travels.

[11/01/2010] MAILED I-129F PAPERWORK USPS EXPRESS MAIL

[11/02/2010] RECEIVED 10:22A IN LEWISVILLE, TX BY K. COLTRIN

[11/05/2010] RECEIVED ELECTRONIC NOA 1 (1:14A)

[11/08/2010] RECEIVED HARD-COPY OF NOA 1 (DATED NOV. 4TH)

[11/10/2010] TOUCHED!

[11/15/2010] TOUCHED!

[04/09/2011] I-129F APPROVED (NO RFE'S YAY!!!)

[04/20/2011] NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION

[04/22/2011] NVC SENT APPROVED PETITION TO BUENOS AIRES

[07/31/2011] AFTER MUCH ADO FINALLY RECEIVED PACKET 3 (APPROX.)

[08/11/2011] CORREO ARGENTINO ACKNOWLEDGES PACKET RECIEVED BY BUENOS AIRES CONSULATE

[08/23/2011] PACKET 3 ACCEPTED BY CONSULATE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR SEPT 6TH

[09/06/2011] INTERVIEW IN BA FOR K1 VISA. TWO QUESTION INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!! YAY!!!

[09/13/2011] SEALED VISA PACKET FOR ENTRY ARRIVES...IN HAND NOW!!!

[10/02/2011] POE MIAMI - IN UNITED STATES FINALLY!

[10/21/2011] OFFICIAL U.S. MARRIAGE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

hey sarah :)

have you read 'The Secret'? i know this might sound silly but everything helps.. Keep saying to yourself 'i'm so grateful i got into the US so easily'. we had a huge problem finding a co sponsor for our petition because my fiance is a dual citizen of ireland and US and we're living together in ireland with no jobs unfortunately... you knwo the way things are... so we needed someone to cosponsor us because really the both of us will be starting from scratch in US even though he is a US citizen. anyway! i kept using the secret, i kept saying how grateful i was that we found a sponsor... and then in 3 weeks a family friend in US volunteered out of the blue. people have been amazed by the secret!!! (i'm not a kook i swear ;))

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

hey sarah :)

have you read 'The Secret'? i know this might sound silly but everything helps.. Keep saying to yourself 'i'm so grateful i got into the US so easily'. we had a huge problem finding a co sponsor for our petition because my fiance is a dual citizen of ireland and US and we're living together in ireland with no jobs unfortunately... you knwo the way things are... so we needed someone to cosponsor us because really the both of us will be starting from scratch in US even though he is a US citizen. anyway! i kept using the secret, i kept saying how grateful i was that we found a sponsor... and then in 3 weeks a family friend in US volunteered out of the blue. people have been amazed by the secret!!! (i'm not a kook i swear ;))

You know it does sound silly. But I've read the book. And the truth is usually when it rains it pours. And I mean this both ways. Sometimes good things keep happening and sometimes the opposite. So sometimes I say to myself, it makes much much sense.

[11/01/2010] MAILED I-129F PAPERWORK USPS EXPRESS MAIL

[11/02/2010] RECEIVED 10:22A IN LEWISVILLE, TX BY K. COLTRIN

[11/05/2010] RECEIVED ELECTRONIC NOA 1 (1:14A)

[11/08/2010] RECEIVED HARD-COPY OF NOA 1 (DATED NOV. 4TH)

[11/10/2010] TOUCHED!

[11/15/2010] TOUCHED!

[04/09/2011] I-129F APPROVED (NO RFE'S YAY!!!)

[04/20/2011] NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION

[04/22/2011] NVC SENT APPROVED PETITION TO BUENOS AIRES

[07/31/2011] AFTER MUCH ADO FINALLY RECEIVED PACKET 3 (APPROX.)

[08/11/2011] CORREO ARGENTINO ACKNOWLEDGES PACKET RECIEVED BY BUENOS AIRES CONSULATE

[08/23/2011] PACKET 3 ACCEPTED BY CONSULATE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR SEPT 6TH

[09/06/2011] INTERVIEW IN BA FOR K1 VISA. TWO QUESTION INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!! YAY!!!

[09/13/2011] SEALED VISA PACKET FOR ENTRY ARRIVES...IN HAND NOW!!!

[10/02/2011] POE MIAMI - IN UNITED STATES FINALLY!

[10/21/2011] OFFICIAL U.S. MARRIAGE!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No, i haven't read it! I think i'm going to have a look for it though..... maybe a bit of reading will distract me from my building nerves!!!!!

My fiance has just text me to say he's managed to speak to a helpful cbp officer, who gave lots af advice etc..... i have to wait until later to find out what, but he seems excited - so i'm hoping it's promising news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.