Ron va Thuy

Is it true? Visa only good for one week?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello again to all,

Thuy has her interview scheduled for Nov 19th and we are both hopeing and praying for pink! However, she has heard there, and I have heard here as well that many who recieve a visa only have a short time to use it. In some cases only one week. All that I have seen before states that the visa is good for 6 months. If anyone has some insight on this I would love to hear from them.

Also, concerning my I-134, my last two years tax returns dont show that I made enough money due to loss of a job and our economy here. I now have a good job again and make more than enough. Will this be a problem for us and are there ways to solve it.

Thanks again to all who have shared and helped in the Vietnam portal and thanks in advance for your help!

Ron, Thuy va Bao Bao

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

no,thats not right,your fiance will have 6 months to use her visa,its a settled thing that doesnt change based on region.

as far as your income goes,if you havent been able to meet the poverty guidelines during the last year,youre gonna need co sponsors,the only year important is the last economical year,the past three years thing is just to see that you are able to provide stable income.

good luck

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Visa is good for 6 months, but...... this is usually from a consulate that issues a visa quickly. The real term for the visa depends on how long the medical is valid for which is 6 months, so your visa is usually only good for about 5 months since you usually have it done prior to the interview, but IF you are put in AP for 3 months then your visa might only be good for 2, or even worse if you are in ap for 5 months then in theory it could be good for only one week, but generally if it is that close they will ask for a new medical. Hope this helps. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Visa is good for 6 months, but...... this is usually from a consulate that issues a visa quickly. The real term for the visa depends on how long the medical is valid for which is 6 months, so your visa is usually only good for about 5 months since you usually have it done prior to the interview, but IF you are put in AP for 3 months then your visa might only be good for 2, or even worse if you are in ap for 5 months then in theory it could be good for only one week, but generally if it is that close they will ask for a new medical. Hope this helps. Jerome

Thats right........ :thumbs:

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I believe this is correct. My wife had her medical about a week before the interview, and her visa was valid for a little less than 6 months.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

my wife pick up her visa yesterday and they mess up the expiration day on it, they put it in for 10/2010. she point it out to them and they fix it. for 4/2011. so i guess all visa had a 6month expiration.

anyway she will be here on the 14th.. am so exited....

Timeline

my wife pick up her visa yesterday and they mess up the expiration day on it, they put it in for 10/2010. she point it out to them and they fix it. for 4/2011. so i guess all visa had a 6month expiration.

anyway she will be here on the 14th.. am so exited....

Buy clothes hangars.whistling.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Buy clothes hangars.whistling.gif

...is that the only solution these days?? maybe he can present her with a dresser? hehe...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

...is that the only solution these days?? maybe he can present her with a dresser? hehe...

I had a dresser and even emptied out most of the drawers for her but never knew that hangars were so important until i came home and she had taken my clothes off my hangars and put hers on them. She did fold them and put them in a pile on the floor of the closet. Just thought I would help out on a detail I found out about.whistling.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I never knew so many clothes could fit in 3 suitcases... I bought a bunch of hangers and we had to go back and buy more... the dresser had plenty of room in it, but she uses it for stuff that isnt used every day.. the every day stuff is in the closet on hangers or on the shelving unit in there...

i think we should start a list of common things that the SO realized they should have brought with them and didnt.. Thuy is working on a list of stuff to bring back in the summer...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.