JandT

Help for filing I-290B

9 posts in this topic

I trully need as much info as i can about filing an I-290b, my wife jus received a letter from our local USCIS office in Denver and our I-212 was denied we do not know what else to do but on the letter in said we can file an appeal and i went searching around and found and read about the form I-290b.

If there anyone out there that has filed or in the same situation PLEASE We Need your help. We have 33days starting today and need as much information to do the neccesary action.

Thanks

The best advice I can give you, get a good immigration attorney for your appeal or motion. I don’t think anyone on VJ is qualified to help, you have only 30 calendar days after decision. Or 33 days in your case. Good Luck.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Why was your I-212 Denied? I ask, because I also received the denial letter, which ended up being a mistake on the part of USCIS. What does the denial letter state?

My wife has the letter in the US and I havent really read the whole detail about it but my wife read me the part that we have 30 days and on our case 33 to submit an I-290B to our local USCIS office and if we have any other supporting documents we can include them on the application, ones i talk to my wife again i will update you. but how did you overcome this mistake?, did you have to file the 290B? and as far as filing the I-290B im lost on some of the questions like for example the first question on the top "IN the Matter of:" and then blank i do not know wat to write. and on the address should i put our address in the US or the address here in the philippines?, if you can help me please let me know:)

Thanks

The best advice I can give you, get a good immigration attorney for your appeal or motion. I don’t think anyone on VJ is qualified to help, you have only 30 calendar days after decision. Or 33 days in your case. Good Luck.

My wife and I really cant afford to hire a lawyer at this time we have so much to pay going thru this deportation, were now asking for our family to help us pay the I-290b so thats why im really tryin to get as much info as i can and to make sure we put all the write info in this form so thanks again tho for the advise:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

In our case, USCIS was stating that we needed to file the I-601 and the I-212 together at the US Embassy in Colombia. They were stating that the reason we had to file this was because she overstayed. Fortunately, we had all the documentation we needed, and a copy of the law that generally states that anyone who is seeking asylum will not have the time they overstayed counted against them while they are in asylum proceedings.

I made an INFOPASS with USCIS, took all my documentation in, spoke with Two Supervisors and One Officer (the one that sent me the denial letter), and walked out of that office 3 hours later with the Approval letter. Now our case was a little different in that we have a US Born Child that suffers from health issues and was living with his mother in Colombia. I know in my heart that the Supervisors and Officer that I spoke with really felt my pain and did everything in their power to help us out.

Read the letter carefully. Have your wife scan it and e-mail it to you. I never filled out that other form, so I really can’t advise you. I think you need to put your case number in the section you were referring to. Your wife would most likely need to file it at the same USCIS branch were you filed the I-212. But I would do allot of research before sending anything in. E-mail me a copy of the letter when you get it and I'll give you my opinion on it.

Good luck

moderator. please move to Waiver Section

In our case, USCIS was stating that we needed to file the I-601 and the I-212 together at the US Embassy in Colombia. They were stating that the reason we had to file this was because she overstayed. Fortunately, we had all the documentation we needed, and a copy of the law that generally states that anyone who is seeking asylum will not have the time they overstayed counted against them while they are in asylum proceedings.

I made an INFOPASS with USCIS, took all my documentation in, spoke with Two Supervisors and One Officer (the one that sent me the denial letter), and walked out of that office 3 hours later with the Approval letter. Now our case was a little different in that we have a US Born Child that suffers from health issues and was living with his mother in Colombia. I know in my heart that the Supervisors and Officer that I spoke with really felt my pain and did everything in their power to help us out.

Read the letter carefully. Have your wife scan it and e-mail it to you. I never filled out that other form, so I really can’t advise you. I think you need to put your case number in the section you were referring to. Your wife would most likely need to file it at the same USCIS branch were you filed the I-212. But I would do allot of research before sending anything in. E-mail me a copy of the letter when you get it and I'll give you my opinion on it.

Good luck

Thanks, yes ill send you the letter ones we get it scanned and yeah were gona do alot of research on this and pray that everything will turn out for the best:)

Thanks again:)

Good luck

Update on our case, my wife just went to our local uscis office and inquired about the I-290b thankfully the Officer that my wife has spoken to suggested that it is better for us to refile an I-212 with supporting documents. so my wife and I are gna prepare a new I-212 with as much supporting documents as we could find. WILL KEEP PRAYIN AS ALWAYS N WE KNOW THAT WILL GET OUR APPROVAL:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.