Felya and Olya

G-325A Question!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The question is "Applicant's last address outside of the United States for more than 1 year"

So I came to America 20 years ago (I am 33) and have not lived anywhere else outside of the States since that time. Do I still need to put my address of where I lived in the USSR, from the day I was born until the time I left to America or should I put None since I came here a long time ago?

Thanks!!!!!

event.png

K-1 Visa Journey

03/15/2011 - I-129F sent via USPS

03/18/2011 - NOA1

06/14/2011 - NOA2

07/11/2011 - NVC In

07/11/2011 - NVC Out

07/18/2011 - Consulate Received

08/15/2011 - Interview - Visa Approved

08/31/2011 - Aeroflot - Moscow > Los Angeles

11/19/2011 - Married =)

03/01/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP packet submitted

03/07/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - NOA

03/29/2012 - AOS, EAD, & AP - Biometrics

04/30/2012 - EAD & AP Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The question is "Applicant's last address outside of the United States for more than 1 year"

So I came to America 20 years ago (I am 33) and have not lived anywhere else outside of the States since that time. Do I still need to put my address of where I lived in the USSR, from the day I was born until the time I left to America or should I put None since I came here a long time ago?

Thanks!!!!!

Follow the example forms.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

none,you have been there for 20 years,thats more than one!

This is incorrect. The question is asking if you've lived outside of the US for more than 12 months at a time, and if so, where? Even if it was 20 years ago you still must disclose it. I lived in Scotland with my family between the ages of 2 and 5 years old. That was 20 years ago as well but I still listed it because it definitely happened.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

This is incorrect. The question is asking if you've lived outside of the US for more than 12 months at a time, and if so, where? Even if it was 20 years ago you still must disclose it. I lived in Scotland with my family between the ages of 2 and 5 years old. That was 20 years ago as well but I still listed it because it definitely happened.

2 questions,what if you are in OPs shoes?you cant remember the address and/or it doesnt exist anymore?

i personally stated none(as far as i can remember ),because i read the question wrong and didnt get it correctly,would that cause an RFE?or get considered a misinterpretation?

PS1: IF i stated the address,it was the last address ive been residing in for the past 6 years,would that be enough?

Edited by ygr

Timeline

2 questions,what if you are in OPs shoes?you cant remember the address and/or it doesnt exist anymore?

i personally stated none(as far as i can remember ),because i read the question wrong and didnt get it correctly,would that cause an RFE?or get considered a misinterpretation?

PS1: IF i stated the address,it was the last address ive been residing in for the past 6 years,would that be enough?

I honestly don't know. I was 2 years old when I moved to Scotland with my family so I obviously didn't remember the address. I had to have my mom do some serious digging to find some old records or bills or whatever with our address listed on it. It's possible that it would somehow come up as an RFE if it was listed in some database that USCIS came across. It's also possible that they would have no way of knowing where you lived 20 years ago when you were a minor. I can't say either way for certain but what I can say is that if you knowingly put that you never lived outside of the US when in actuality you have, it could be considered a misrep if they find out about it. Your best bet is to attempt to correct the information somehow, I know there has been a thread about this recently although I don't know if it had any useful information because I didn't actually read it. Try here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/277686-can-correcting-mistakes-be-considered-as-misrepresentation/

Best of luck!

Edited to ask: Just to clear up some confusion, are you the USC or the beneficiary? I'm the USC so when it asked me my last address outside the US of more than 1 year I listed it, even though it was a long time ago. If you're the foreign beneficiary then your last address outside the US of more than one year is your current address if you've lived at your current address for more than 12 months. Hopefully that helps..

Edited by Amyyduck

Timeline

I honestly don't know. I was 2 years old when I moved to Scotland with my family so I obviously didn't remember the address. I had to have my mom do some serious digging to find some old records or bills or whatever with our address listed on it. It's possible that it would somehow come up as an RFE if it was listed in some database that USCIS came across. It's also possible that they would have no way of knowing where you lived 20 years ago when you were a minor. I can't say either way for certain but what I can say is that if you knowingly put that you never lived outside of the US when in actuality you have, it could be considered a misrep if they find out about it. Your best bet is to attempt to correct the information somehow, I know there has been a thread about this recently although I don't know if it had any useful information because I didn't actually read it. Try here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/277686-can-correcting-mistakes-be-considered-as-misrepresentation/

Best of luck!

Edited to ask: Just to clear up some confusion, are you the USC or the beneficiary? I'm the USC so when it asked me my last address outside the US of more than 1 year I listed it, even though it was a long time ago. If you're the foreign beneficiary then your last address outside the US of more than one year is your current address if you've lived at your current address for more than 12 months. Hopefully that helps..

im the beneficiary,i just noticed the " last residence " part of it,got a heart attack for about ten minutes,this is what not reading properly gets you :bonk:

Timeline

im the beneficiary,i just noticed the " last residence " part of it,got a heart attack for about ten minutes,this is what not reading properly gets you :bonk:

Ok so if you're the beneficiary and you listed your current address where you live as long as it's outside the US and you've lived there for more than 12 months you're all set. That was exactly what they were looking for. As for the OP, what I said still remains true. If he's the petitioner, which I would presume he is considering he's been here for the past 20 years, then he still needs to list his last address outside the US of more than one year. Wherever the last place in the USSR that he lived for more than 12 months before coming to the US is what he needs to write in that space. Hopefully it works out for him

Edited by Amyyduck

Timeline

Ok so if you're the beneficiary and you listed your current address where you live as long as it's outside the US and you've lived there for more than 12 months you're all set. That was exactly what they were looking for.

thank you :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.